Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 12:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Most ICO's are SCAM ?  (Read 4430 times)
btcfan87

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

Guys, how do you differ scam projects?
maaldaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:52:25 AM

Speaking about scam ICO seems no end to it. Those scam keep on appearing, In my opinion that is because someone wanting to get an easy money without doing so much effort, and doing a Scam ICO is a simple thing to do and there are still no regulation about it, and it's hard to track it, making all the bad people has their way to do that.

Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:08:28 AM

Because most of them just want to get the money of the investor's,
There are so many scam project because there are also many lazy investor's who aren't reviewing or doig some background check at the team and the project.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Ripple4life

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:26:52 PM

There are a lot of criteria by which you can check scam projects. These are the team, hardcap, code, and more. If you are new to this, you can hardly figure it out right away.

You can choose the project, analyze it, and then compare with reports of famous experts.
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:44:50 PM

Because all want to be enriched and to do nothing, and so it is very much a Scam, sometimes it's just not a working product, and sometimes the team is not able to realize such a project!
trader4fun

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:45:28 PM

There are a lot of criteria by which you can check scam projects. These are the team, hardcap, code, and more. If you are new to this, you can hardly figure it out right away.

You can choose the project, analyze it, and then compare with reports of famous experts.
There are no guarantees that the report was not made for money. So you should look at reports from different experts and compare their opinions and yours. You can have a table where you will virtually “invest” in projects and then watch roi. In the future, with success, you can start a real investment.
Ripple4life

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:19:45 PM

There are no guarantees that the report was not made for money. So you should look at reports from different experts and compare their opinions and yours. You can have a table where you will virtually “invest” in projects and then watch roi. In the future, with success, you can start a real investment.
Every normal expert usually has a spreadsheet, where they indicate their investments and final achievements on a separate tab. So you can determine whether to trust a particular analyst.

You can also see the statistics of project scores for all top experts. For example, it's quite conveniently on http://topexperts.io. If the individual estimates fall out - it's a reason to think.
forex

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

I think that most ICO's are scams, because ICO is a very easy way to make money on fool peoples, which dont understand what is cryptocurrency at all
sergei1703

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

The situation is that nowadays we can easily find the scam ICO among good projects, so I do not agree with the statement that most ICOs are scam.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:55:55 PM

Why most of the IcO project are scam?Because there are many stupid people here thats willing to become a victim,this is why this damn scammers are continuously creating project that has only one purpose,and thats to victimized investors and campaign participants.maybe this is the main reason for this rampant scams happening around the crypt community
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

There are fraudsters in any field of business. Where there is money, unfortunately there will be scammers. And ICO is unfortunately not an exception.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:05:47 PM

There are just too many ICOs for a person to focus on thoroughly reviewing the flaws on a part time basis.  The community should organize in groups that focus that focus on a single ICO and review in detail.

Yes i think you are little-bit correct. There are too many ICOs in market and people are misguided every time with wrong information. So they feel hesitation in which ICOs they will invest. On the other hand qualified team are not engaged with ICOs so that they can not know how a ICO would have to be succeed. Lastly present market condition is also responsible to unsuccessful an ICO. Investors are in fear of their money so that ICOs are going SCAM.
andreizver

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

Scam happiens because a lot of peoples still believe in fast money. They are still on the wave of 2017 (in their minds). Those who create scam ICO projects just want a fast money and they create a one day project's which expires also in one day.

masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

You explain too much why many ICO scams, but I only agree from all of your opinions there is only one goal, namely money, it's all about money and greed, human nature that is very dominant today.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:12:31 PM

Everything is very simple. There is no idea and future, everything is simply copied from more successful projects and investors are not driven to it. So most projects do not even collect soft cap. And most likely at least some collected funds are not returned to investors.
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:21:37 PM

very soon the model of ICO will change. there is already a lot of news about what SEC seriously wahtching on new ico projects. in the future there will be much less scam

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:23:28 PM

The situation is that nowadays we can easily find the scam ICO among good projects, so I do not agree with the statement that most ICOs are scam.

I agree with you people's intention and interest need to be changed as they don't have faith in ICO's these days as a lot of people in this forum made ICO's as a false source. Like posting such stuffs on the above. All they want to see is atleast they need to reach the soft cap.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Predator25

Activity: 354

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:23:32 PM

Do you know that most of the ICO's are scam .

Well if you don't here are some reasons behind it :-

1.) Most of these ICO's have no business model  Angry
2.) Most of these ICO's would never be profitable  Sad
3.) High Market cap for a project / ICO with no development , code or any past experiences  Tongue
4.) Most of them have a 1 year roadmap which means no vision  Huh
5.) 5 months of hard work and for that they get Millions in funding  Undecided
6.) Dumb people running the shitshow  Grin
7.) Behind the scenes it is all about Money

What makes an ICO legit ?
1.) Working product
2.) Practical Use case
3.) Legit Team
4.) Limited Funding ( Based upon Fair Market valuation )

Why are these days ICO raising so much money ?  Shocked
Answer :- People are dumb and greedy they want to invest in the next ETH , STRATIS , WINGS , EDG , IOTA , XEL but they do not understand that Stratis had less than 1000 contributors and most of these ICO's happened during bear season when most of the people were not active in the scene .

Should I invest in ICO's ?  Huh
Yes , some ICO's are legit and can be good investments such as MobileGo , Edgeless ,  Civic etc which can yield you good ROI in long term but then always due diligence is important .

Should I invest in ICO's with high marketcap ?  Roll Eyes
No , High marketcap means a lot of people have invested in an ICO seeking for quick buck or the ICO team has been dependent on marketing to get more investors which makes a lot of weak hands so when the marketcap is not able to sustain the demand and supply the price will likely go down . When the price goes down is the time to invest but not during the ICO .

I fomo like a noob during ICO as I don't want to miss it .  Cry
Well then you are a fuking sheep who want to buy in today and be a millionaire tomorrow well it does not work that way , you can always buy after it hits the exchange . Always have a good risk management system in place where you are able to manage your risk/reward ratio according to your portfolio .  

Always :- Ask tough questions to the team and you will know the reality  

Best Regards ,
VerthagOG

Everyone is trying to take advantage of the momentum right now. My strategy is the same for all investments whether cryptocurrency, stocks, and startups.

First and foremost:
  • Team
  • Traction
  • Idea / Concept

Team
First and foremost, I invest in people. The questions I ask are:
  • Are these individuals I can trust and share the same values with?
  • What experience does the team have in this space?

Traction
Traction enables me to understand someone's passion, hustle, and results over a period of time. The question I ask here is:
  • What traction has the team achieved over the past quarter, six months, etc?

Idea / Concept
It's never about the idea. It's always about the execution. Hence why this ranks lower than traction. The questions I ask are:
  • What problem does this solve?
  • Is this an idea that I'm passionate about and care offer value to?
  • Is the idea / concept aligned with my values?

The answers to all of these questions give me a good sense on whether or not I should invest.  While it is still possible to make money from momentum investing, I recommend everyone employing due diligence and ask the same questions above prior to making an investment.

I am not actually agreeing with this. Because I still believe there are so many ICOs succeed even if the market is down as of now as you can see the market itself you will see how the market really dump. Still it is in a matter of choice whether you like the ICO or not. Youre the one should gather information about that ICO.
heartthew

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:26:01 PM

Most of the projects earn and make up a project development plan in order to collect money from investors and sell useless tokens that will not be developed in any way in the future.
Ximoandali

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:38:16 PM

Thank you that painted , but of course most projects do not have a product and they want to make money quickly, so few people want to develop the project

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: