Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:28:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 235 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Stox - Prediction market platform | Token sale has ended  (Read 338273 times)
Estelle

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:12:14 AM

Your idea probably good, hope your ICO goes well.recently, too much ICO, but i see something similar.
The price will be drop after ICO, maybe i will wait that time to join in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cubirez

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:54:18 AM

I have a question about the whitepaper concerning the dispute resolution, especially the frontrunner option :

The default method is to resolve disputes using consensus from other members of the Stox network. The mechanism follows the frontrunner method: the disputing party must place tokens on the line against the oracle report. Anyone in the network can agree or disagree and put tokens on the line as well. The frontrunner is the side (agree/disagree) that has the most tokens on the line so far. If the frontrunner doesn’t change in a period of 24 hours, we have a victory and the dispute is resolved. The victorious side shares all the tokens from the losing side, which is penalized by losing all tokens put on the line. This dispute mechanism can be implemented in a trustless and decentralized way using a dedicated smart contract

What happens if the disputing party has got so many tokens that it makes it too risky to take position against? In this case the other token holder might be financially incentivized to agree with the disputing party, no matter whether right or wrong, because the chances that the disputing party stays frontrunner for 24h are too high, making the whole dispute resolution mechanism unreliable.

Is there anything to prevent this?

On the other hand, could a dishonnest operator place tokens against a rightfully disputing party ? (here again, if the operator had a big amount of tokens, it could introduce bias in the dispute settlement, though in this case i understand why it wouldn't be interesting for the operator : => loss of confidence of the clients => loss of revenues)
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:30:35 AM

Are you sure the white paper is a PDF file? Can't download white paper from the link, Please fix it, Asking this for second time!

Try now again, there have been some issues with the site but it should be fixed.
thehun
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:33:28 AM

Now you can forecast the STOX crowdsale on the Wings platform:

https://www.wings.ai/#!/home/project/0x062E98f6E19479Ba460e3377B85386CFcC4F0475/info
STOXhq

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

stox.com

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:05:01 AM

I have a question about the whitepaper concerning the dispute resolution, especially the frontrunner option :

The default method is to resolve disputes using consensus from other members of the Stox network. The mechanism follows the frontrunner method: the disputing party must place tokens on the line against the oracle report. Anyone in the network can agree or disagree and put tokens on the line as well. The frontrunner is the side (agree/disagree) that has the most tokens on the line so far. If the frontrunner doesn’t change in a period of 24 hours, we have a victory and the dispute is resolved. The victorious side shares all the tokens from the losing side, which is penalized by losing all tokens put on the line. This dispute mechanism can be implemented in a trustless and decentralized way using a dedicated smart contract

What happens if the disputing party has got so many tokens that it makes it too risky to take position against? In this case the other token holder might be financially incentivized to agree with the disputing party, no matter whether right or wrong, because the chances that the disputing party stays frontrunner for 24h are too high, making the whole dispute resolution mechanism unreliable.

Is there anything to prevent this?

On the other hand, could a dishonnest operator place tokens against a rightfully disputing party ? (here again, if the operator had a big amount of tokens, it could introduce bias in the dispute settlement, though in this case i understand why it wouldn't be interesting for the operator : => loss of confidence of the clients => loss of revenues)

Hi, I must admit, your question is very interesting.
The aspect you don't relate to is the publicity of the blockchain. Stox is not like Bitcoin: The operators are well-known and respectable businesses and their reputations are very important to their customers  (customers do not understand blockchain matters but they are careful to invest their money in an application known as fraud). We assume that cases of dispute that comes into the frontrunner game will be very rare, because the operators will be very careful not to report to the public wrong results of predications, especially when the spotlight is directed right to them. Hence, the operator has much more to lose than that single game.
So when a dispute gets to frontrunning it will attract a lot of attention, and someone with a very high stakes is not likely to bet with a false bet against an operator since (1) since it's exposured to the public, many people will argue for the truth, and (2) if he wins in such a public confrontation, it will cause STOX to lose of its value and he, as a high stakes Stox holder, will lose a lot of it.

▃▄▅▆▇ STOX -  ETH based Prediction Market ▇▆▅▄▃
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:44:35 AM

If the abovementioned images belong to alpha, it will work. Project will collect investment, and when the team is considered, progress will also be quite rapid. I guess tokens will be distributed, and soon become like the icos that rapidly enter into the stock market. Good luck for the participators.
thehun
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:53:15 AM

If the abovementioned images belong to alpha, it will work. Project will collect investment, and when the team is considered, progress will also be quite rapid. I guess tokens will be distributed, and soon become like the icos that rapidly enter into the stock market. Good luck for the participators.

Yes, there is an awesome team behind the project and a very well thought business plan, but the greatest driver in my opinion will be the existing customer base of Invest.com (3 million users), who will bring the necessary "critical mass" that is so important for the success of such a venture.
khaldrogon

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:58:14 AM

i just submit my forecast at around 100K of Ether, i hope you guys raised more than my vote. good luck.
OnTheMoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:00:06 PM

Yes, there is an awesome team behind the project and a very well thought business plan, but the greatest driver in my opinion will be the existing customer base of Invest.com (3 million users), who will bring the necessary "critical mass" that is so important for the success of such a venture.

With such a large existing customer base, the Stox project without problems will collect the necessary financing. It seems to me that this will be a fairly reliable and promising long time investment.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
AIOS

Activity: 70

All In One Social

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:15:30 PM

Is your working beta or demo ready?

Still trying to figure out the idea behind this.
However, a nice idea.
Good luck for the ICO.

STOXhq

stox.com

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:59:21 PM

Is your working beta or demo ready?

Still trying to figure out the idea behind this.
However, a nice idea.
Good luck for the ICO.

Hi AIOS, development is planned on Q4 this year (you can refer to our roadmap on stox.com website)

Bazelak (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:29:02 PM

What sort of future do you predict?  Huh

▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ Token Sale   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647
Merit: 500

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:13:32 AM

This looks like a very original idea so I want to support this project. I joined signature campaign and wear avatar. I guess somebody from community design the avatar. That looks super cool with purple background!

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
Mimar

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:16:23 AM

What sort of future do you predict?  Huh
its very good news. i will buy some wings token on exchange and i joined this forecasting. its very funny Grin maybe i can win!
my forecasting is ~130,000 ethereum
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:47:50 AM

Forgive me for asking but how much token will be on sale and the total supply, all i see in the front page are people asking for bounty and translation. a lot of forecast have been done on wings the platform is still in pre-beta so you might experience a little problem on it.
STOXhq

stox.com

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:58:13 AM

Forgive me for asking but how much token will be on sale and the total supply, all i see in the front page are people asking for bounty and translation. a lot of forecast have been done on wings the platform is still in pre-beta so you might experience a little problem on it.

in general, 1 ETH = 200 STX. Hard cap of 30 M$ (supply will be calculated one day before the sale starts, according to ETH value). We'll later today post all the relevant information regarding the token sale on our website

abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:06:07 AM

Stox has many reasons to be interested in it. One of those is Bancor's partnership with them and second wings is promoting it under forecasting umbrella. I also participated by putting all my wings. It is going to make significant amount of money to keep the development going on. Future looks really good and prosper for everyone.
STOXhq

stox.com

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:24:03 AM

Stox has many reasons to be interested in it. One of those is Bancor's partnership with them and second wings is promoting it under forecasting umbrella. I also participated by putting all my wings. It is going to make significant amount of money to keep the development going on. Future looks really good and prosper for everyone.

Thanks for the warm words, abonarea

Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:32:11 AM

If im not wrong, there is no fixed number of token because its using Bancor protocol for its liquidity.
'The total amount of STX in circulation can vary dynamically, as the market maker creates or removes STX. (wp)'

So its a smart token, and smart token value increase with the increase in total supply.
Bit opposite than other token out there in the markets.
For more info regarding how the smart token works, you can read Bancor wp and faq.
https://www.bancor.network/faq
thehun
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:35:20 AM

If im not wrong, there is no fixed number of token because its using Bancor protocol for its liquidity.
'The total amount of STX in circulation can vary dynamically, as the market maker creates or removes STX. (wp)'

So its a smart token, and smart token value increase with the increase in total supply.
Bit opposite than other token out there in the markets.
For more info regarding how the smart token works, you can read Bancor wp and faq.
https://www.bancor.network/faq

Correct, there will only be an initial number of tokens after the ICO, and afterwards the supply will be determined dynamically according to offer and demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 235 »
  Print  

Jump to: