Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't this forum in Japanese?  (Read 1634 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:13:07 PM

You're also trying to twist Occam's Razor into a false dichotomy.
Occam's razor works equally well on more than two options. It's possible that he was a Chinese person, using a Japanese pseudonym, and tailoring his posting habits and language to appear western. Or he could have been a space alien posting from the moon, using a hyper-tech translation program and a Japanese pseudonym. Occam slices all of those away as well.

It's also possible that you are Satoshi, and throwing FUD to get people off your trail. Wink

Actually, I'm Satoshi, and I should know pretty well whether or not I'm lying.  Also, I'm not Japanese.

Cheesy

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:19:16 PM

Occam's razor works equally well on more than two options. It's possible that he was a Chinese person, using a Japanese pseudonym, and tailoring his posting habits and language to appear western. Or he could have been a space alien posting from the moon, using a hyper-tech translation program and a Japanese pseudonym. Occam slices all of those away as well.

It is most likely Satoshi is precisely as he says he is.

It's also possible that you are Satoshi, and throwing FUD to get people off your trail. Wink

Lol, okay.

*Posted from my luxury Bitcoin submarine.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:23:09 PM

It is most likely Satoshi is precisely as he says he is.
Except that there's no such person as Satoshi Nakamoto.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:26:41 PM

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Out of pure curiosity; what's your take on God, Azure?

AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:29:55 PM

Out of pure curiosity; what's your take on God, Azure?

I personally don't believe in any such entity, but I wouldn't be able to prove either a positive or negative hypothesis on the subject.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:31:31 PM

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
And a Japanese pseudonym is far from conclusive evidence that a person is Japanese.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:33:17 PM

And a Japanese pseudonym is far from conclusive evidence that a person is Japanese.

Never said it was.

nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:38:16 PM

Because every 8th person in the world speaks English.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:40:04 PM

Never said it was.
But you're using it as such.

He posted at times inconsistent with living in Japan, he spoke perfect English, and used a Times of London quote in the genesis Block. Yet, you say that the simplest explanation, based entirely on his use of a Japanese pseudonym, is that he was Japanese.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:45:00 PM

At some point in time, Azure, you will need to dispute my claim:  I am Satoshi Nakamoto.

At some point, you'll have to tell me I'm wrong, or you must assume everything I say is factual about myself.  You have to assume I'm lying, even if you can't prove it.  And if you call me a liar, you have to acknowledge that the man behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto could've been lying, and that there is no absolute truth that he is required to be honest about his own identity.

So which is it?  Do you believe I am Satoshi Nakamoto, as I, Satoshi Nakamoto, say I am, and what is your reasoning to explain why I am or am not?

AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:46:33 PM

He posted at times inconsistent with living in Japan, he spoke perfect English, and used a Times of London quote in the genesis Block. Yet, you say that the simplest explanation, based entirely on his use of a Japanese pseudonym, is that he was Japanese.

Yes.

At some point in time, Azure, you will need to dispute my claim:  I am Satoshi Nakamoto.

At some point, you'll have to tell me I'm wrong, or you must assume everything I say is factual about myself.  You have to assume I'm lying, even if you can't prove it.  And if you call me a liar, you have to acknowledge that the man behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto could've been lying, and that there is no absolute truth that he is required to be honest about his own identity.

So which is it?  Do you believe I am Satoshi Nakamoto, as I, Satoshi Nakamoto, say I am, and what is your reasoning to explain why I am or am not?

I see no reason to assume you're not Satoshi Nakamoto. Satoshi and President Obama being the same person would certainly be interesting.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:52:09 PM

Yes.

Does it follow, then, that I am a deity from the Forgotten Realms? Obviously, Myrkul is dead, so I can't be him. Perhaps I'm Cyric, or Kelemvor, just pretending to be Myrkul?

AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:53:48 PM

Does it follow, then, that I am a deity from the Forgotten Realms? Obviously, Myrkul is dead, so I can't be him. Perhaps I'm Cyric, or Kelemvor, just pretending to be Myrkul?

You can be whatever you want to be.  Smiley

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:56:17 PM

I see no reason to assume you're not Satoshi Nakamoto.

Good.  Now that we've cleared that up:

I am not Japanese.  Rather, I come from the planet Kru-Ton 8.  The first man I met was named Satoshi, and so I stole his identity; it was the easiest way to get along with you Earthlings, as my real form is that of a busty space princess.  Thus, I traveled to Canada, and developed Bitcoin there.  Why Canada?  Because you don't question the great Satoshi Nakamoto, that's why.

Anyway, I didn't create a Japanese forum because I don't understand Japanese.  I also don't understand English, but you can call BS anytime and catch my point Tongue

AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:59:11 PM

I see no reason to assume you're not Satoshi Nakamoto.

Good.  Now that we've cleared that up:

I am not Japanese.  Rather, I come from the planet Kru-Ton 8.  The first man I met was named Satoshi, and so I stole his identity; it was the easiest way to get along with you Earthlings, as my real form is that of a busty space princess.  Thus, I traveled to Canada, and developed Bitcoin there.  Why Canada?  Because you don't question the great Satoshi Nakamoto, that's why.

Anyway, I didn't create a Japanese forum because I don't understand Japanese.  I also don't understand English, but you can call BS anytime and catch my point Tongue

Fascinating, tell me more about your travels, President Satoshi Obama.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:01:28 PM

Aw, I could write a space-book about it, but I'm afraid I'd have to charge for further information about my Bitcoin secrets.  Canadian dollars only, please; I don't know much about this Bitcoin stuff, but I hear it's a ponzi bubble.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:02:15 PM

That's all the proof I need. You are Satoshi. Wink

AzureEngineer

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:13:15 PM

Aw, I could write a space-book about it, but I'm afraid I'd have to charge for further information about my Bitcoin secrets.  Canadian dollars only, please; I don't know much about this Bitcoin stuff, but I hear it's a ponzi bubble.

Pyramid ponzi techno bubble.

When I first came to this forum, someone PM'd me wondering if I was an engineer working on Windows Azure. That PM made a lot more sense than your claim.   Tongue

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 10:23:11 PM

When I first came to this forum, someone PM'd me wondering if I was an engineer working on Windows Azure. That PM made a lot more sense than your claim.   Tongue
And yet, both make more sense than your claim that Satoshi is Japanese, solely because he chose a Japanese pseudonym.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: