Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:05:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1070's, Need Mining Advice  (Read 1903 times)
Erelas (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 02:34:27 AM

Ok, so, sometime tomorrow, I've got a bridged pair of GTX 1070s coming.  I've been up to my eyeballs trying to keep all the details straight, registering here, there, and trying to find the most reliable information I can.

Still feeling my way around this place, so, if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the "For Dummies" section of how to get these up and running (Eth would be great, another coin, fine too, I need to push at least a small profit out though with these), so I am spending less time floundering in the dark, it would be appreciated Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
daggny_taggart

Activity: 868
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:36:30 AM

I would be interested in this as well, hopefully some one responds
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:44:37 AM

You could use the Nicehash miner, it's currently the one I'm using too, it's the easiest to setup.
You will be mining Altcoins and they will be automatically be changed into Bitcoin, you'll never get your hands on the Altcoin you are mining.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1274983.0 This is their thread.
Or you could try getting an claymore miner for Ethereum and some other altcoin, but they are harder to setup.
Check this thread for the Claymore miner :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Vencas1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:29:22 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 04:52:18 AM by Vencas1

Dummies Guide to Mining w/windows/nividia gpu

For this recipe you need only:
1 bittrex account.  1 download.  1 mining site
you can mine up to 32 different coins by changing a few parameters

-set up bittrex account
-download ccminer 2.0
( https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases )
- go to yiimp.ccminer.org

-in this case we'll mine VTC which uses the lyra2v2 algo
- open ccmminer.  you will see a file that says:   RUN-VTC-yiimp
right click
>click edit
now it will open up in notepad and the text will look like this: (emphasis added)

ccminer-x64 -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4533 -u VujRht7M8G68wZJo3z11dN837JKJtWGsqv -p c=VTC,stats

The main variables for any set up on the same pool are going to be the algo, port, wallet, coin

- open the yiimp.ccminer.org webpage and look for VTC in the chart on right.  there you will see the algo used, Port # and the abbreviated coin name

-place the names from the site into the respective areas in your open notepad replacing the text for algo/port#/coin
    take the wallet addrress from bittrex and replace notepad text
-the different letters (-a,-o,-u,-p,-c) stand for algo, stratum,username,password, coin.  You can ignore -p.  You will need to add -c=<coin name> if its not there.  If you see other additional modifiers in an algo you are opening just leave them there and add your coin name (-c=) after the -p

-Now click 'save as'                  
-File Name:  "RUN-VTC"
-File Type:   ( erase where it says *txt  and type)   .bat
-let it close, go back to the folder and click the new RUN-VTC.bat file and you'll be mining

To change coins swap out the algo, port,name, and wallet
add modifiers from the readme as you learn if needed but the basic set up will get you going
- when you're ready to mine just click the .bat file

If it does not run try adding start above the body of text on the bat file.
START

Antikais

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:50:46 AM

you wrote exactly my feelings. soon i will start mining too. first you have to decide that. mine for daily profit or mine for long torm(hold)?

ASSETA - Blockchain based borderless crypto bank | ICO | DISCUSSION THREAD | BOUNTIES
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:04:49 AM

You want optimal hash power ,clean sometimes gpu from dust.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:48:33 PM

I'm not sure bridging (if you meant connecting them via an SLI connector) will net you any better mining performance than just running them as individual card on the same motherboard.  If you want to try it both ways and let us know how it works, I'm sure many would be interested.
Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:41:44 PM

Thank you all very much for the replies. 

Yes, by bridged I meant that fancy schmancy SLI connector, which reminds me an awful lot of when you could cross-connect two Voodoo cards together, ah the old days.

Delivery delay, *grumble grumble* FedEx, so it might be tomorrow, but I like planning ahead.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cryptoyug

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:51:28 PM

Ok, so, sometime tomorrow, I've got a bridged pair of GTX 1070s coming.  I've been up to my eyeballs trying to keep all the details straight, registering here, there, and trying to find the most reliable information I can.

Still feeling my way around this place, so, if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the "For Dummies" section of how to get these up and running (Eth would be great, another coin, fine too, I need to push at least a small profit out though with these), so I am spending less time floundering in the dark, it would be appreciated Smiley

Its better to play few days with diff currency so that you can get idea. Altcoins are also good to mine like chc or dnr. Single gpu isn't good for heavy difficulty mining.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:55:00 PM

If your googleFU is ok, you tube is an excellent resource!
Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:53:16 AM

Hah, GoogleFU, yeah, I imagine that is ok Tongue  Just about to go stark raving mad now because the delivery is delayed.  I will experiment of course and try it with SLI enabled and without.

Retiring a couple of machines simply due to their power / efficiency now being way too much of a problem.

Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 06:02:46 AM

Dummies Guide to Mining w/windows/nividia gpu

For this recipe you need only:
1 bittrex account.  1 download.  1 mining site
you can mine up to 32 different coins by changing a few parameters

-set up bittrex account
-download ccminer 2.0
( https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases )
- go to yiimp.ccminer.org

-in this case we'll mine VTC which uses the lyra2v2 algo
- open ccmminer.  you will see a file that says:   RUN-VTC-yiimp
right click
>click edit
now it will open up in notepad and the text will look like this: (emphasis added)

ccminer-x64 -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4533 -u VujRht7M8G68wZJo3z11dN837JKJtWGsqv -p c=VTC,stats

The main variables for any set up on the same pool are going to be the algo, port, wallet, coin

- open the yiimp.ccminer.org webpage and look for VTC in the chart on right.  there you will see the algo used, Port # and the abbreviated coin name

-place the names from the site into the respective areas in your open notepad replacing the text for algo/port#/coin
    take the wallet addrress from bittrex and replace notepad text
-the different letters (-a,-o,-u,-p,-c) stand for algo, stratum,username,password, coin.  You can ignore -p.  You will need to add -c=<coin name> if its not there.  If you see other additional modifiers in an algo you are opening just leave them there and add your coin name (-c=) after the -p

-Now click 'save as'                  
-File Name:  "RUN-VTC"
-File Type:   ( erase where it says *txt  and type)   .bat
-let it close, go back to the folder and click the new RUN-VTC.bat file and you'll be mining

To change coins swap out the algo, port,name, and wallet
add modifiers from the readme as you learn if needed but the basic set up will get you going
- when you're ready to mine just click the .bat file

If it does not run try adding start above the body of text on the bat file.
START

And thank you for this, you actually hit on some things that I had missed Smiley

Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 05:23:37 PM

Ok, back to it !

So, there was first a delay in customs, then a delay of another day because the package arrived at FedEx too late and was considered received on the next day...typical, right.

The 1070's have been running, and mining an x13 algo altcoin, with the cards in SLI, cold they start out at about 19.5 each, then as things warm up, they can drop as low as 18.5 each.

I did not expect ccminer to start them as two different threads, but expected instead it to be one thread since they were SLI'd.  Was I misunderstanding the SLI for some reason (making it kind of one virtual card) or should I have expected two different threads all along?

Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 07:05:24 PM

Ok, back to it !

So, there was first a delay in customs, then a delay of another day because the package arrived at FedEx too late and was considered received on the next day...typical, right.

The 1070's have been running, and mining an x13 algo altcoin, with the cards in SLI, cold they start out at about 19.5 each, then as things warm up, they can drop as low as 18.5 each.

I did not expect ccminer to start them as two different threads, but expected instead it to be one thread since they were SLI'd.  Was I misunderstanding the SLI for some reason (making it kind of one virtual card) or should I have expected two different threads all along?

Dont SLI, one thread per card is normal.
Dont know about x13 algo, i go on 32mh/s and 30.5mh/s with OC on ETH+LBC

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 09:08:47 PM

30 plus per card....hmm, that is a hell of a difference.  Thank you for that, I will be experimenting with turning that off and see what happens Smiley

TechnoMusic

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:12:17 PM

Best thing what you can do in my opinion is to try to use nicehash miner because it automaticly exchange to btc what is really perfect,I cant suggest you anything better than this.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:10:27 AM

To be a tad bit blunt, but in a helpful way, if you don's understand SLI you really should download NiceHash and use their software until you gain some experience. It's as close to 1 click mining as you can get and while the profits are rolling in you will have time to learn the basics and eventually experiment with other, more involved aspects of mining. Smiley

www.nicehash.com
treasure9

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:14:32 AM

Looking at whattomine.com it comes that the most profitable on 1070 is mining ETH+SIA, each GTX 1070 card in my rig is getting around 30MHs ETH and 500MHs SIA, so this pair is more profitable than ZEC or Nicehash-Equihash.
Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:08:30 AM

Thanks, I did do some troubleshooting on the rig today, and, I'm definitely getting different numbers than most of you here.  Without SLI enabled I've got 35 Mh/s on x13, with it enabled I am getting 38 Mh/s.

Neither are overclocked, but I will fiddle with the BIOS a bit tomorrow, thank you for the advice on Nicehash, whattomine, and the ETH/SIA combo, I will take a look at those as I see what more I can squeeze out Smiley

Erelas (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 09:58:20 PM

To be a tad bit blunt, but in a helpful way, if you don's understand SLI you really should download NiceHash and use their software until you gain some experience. It's as close to 1 click mining as you can get and while the profits are rolling in you will have time to learn the basics and eventually experiment with other, more involved aspects of mining. Smiley

www.nicehash.com

I didn't take that to be blunt or close to rude at all, thank you, no worries Smiley

I believe that I understand the concept of bridging the cards in SLI, but from what I've been able to see, it's just more efficient to run them as independent cards.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: