Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:27:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTH - looking for javascript expert to resolve an issue with FlashChat  (Read 244 times)
radhwane (OP)

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:38:14 AM

hi
i'm looking for an expert with JavaScript to do a task in my website and resolve the problem to get paid in Bitcoin
the problem is the emoticons and the slid menu at the bottom not working and not clickable
so i need to resolve it so users can choose emoticons and send them to the chat lobby
also i want a small arrow in the top of emoticons box so users can easly hide and show again the smiley box
if its possible just reply me and how much can you do this job for me
this is a live version if you want to check it http://com.12allchat.io ( from google chrome use Dev Tools and choose Galaxy S5 https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/device-mode/emulate-mobile-viewports )

click to enlarge the image

PS: if you can work on it in live just PM me will provide you a link to download flashchat and the mobile files
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:46:02 AM

I don't claim to be an expert in JavaScript, but your problem might not even lie there. From my frustrating web designing days, I can advise you that there may be invisible or transparent elements being added on top of the emoticons screen when it's displayed. Check your CSS to see if there is anything there that is transparent that could be obstructing the input. Also make sure any absolute-positioned elements are not interfering with any control elements. Lastly, I would make sure that the event listeners in both your JavaScript source and the HTML elements are still enabled all throughout the application. If the elements for the emoticons are different then make sure they also have event listeners or you will never detect any input.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
radhwane (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:11:06 PM

I don't claim to be an expert in JavaScript, but your problem might not even lie there. From my frustrating web designing days, I can advise you that there may be invisible or transparent elements being added on top of the emoticons screen when it's displayed. Check your CSS to see if there is anything there that is transparent that could be obstructing the input. Also make sure any absolute-positioned elements are not interfering with any control elements. Lastly, I would make sure that the event listeners in both your JavaScript source and the HTML elements are still enabled all throughout the application. If the elements for the emoticons are different then make sure they also have event listeners or you will never detect any input.

hi thanks for your suggestion but i check CSS but i cant find anything hiding maybe i missed something!
bcz that im looking for someone expert in javascript to check my website and resolve the problem

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:23:16 PM

hi thanks for your suggestion but i check CSS but i cant find anything hiding maybe i missed something!
bcz that im looking for someone expert in javascript to check my website and resolve the problem

I tried to take a look at the live version on your website, but I could not manage to get to where you are showing us in the screenshot you posted. It also does not help that I do not really understand anything that is written there, since it is not in English. If you can give me a direct link to any one of the chats you are hosting in your site then I might be able to figure something out for you. Also I do not quite understand what FlashChat is, but I am assuming it's some sort of HTML/JS web chat application.

Other things you might want to try are ensuring that the keyboard isn't triggered when you are showing the emoticons panel. The built-in OS keyboard in the Galaxy S5 might for some reason be triggering but not be visible, effectively blocking any input to the lower part of the application. Also make sure as I said before that the event handlers for the emoticon elements are there.

Also, just to check, are you using any JavaScript libraries or frameworks in the application?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:42:36 PM

Just cross checked with your website using S5 view and everything works as expected.I'm able to select an emoji,send it and close the emoji box by the 'x' icon provided on the top right.You are facing issues because the screen resolution maybe,try zooming it a bit and then see if it works.Initially didn't work for me,like you said unclickable,after zooming a bit ,all good.
radhwane (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:24:34 PM

Just cross checked with your website using S5 view and everything works as expected.I'm able to select an emoji,send it and close the emoji box by the 'x' icon provided on the top right.You are facing issues because the screen resolution maybe,try zooming it a bit and then see if it works.Initially didn't work for me,like you said unclickable,after zooming a bit ,all good.

where do you see the 'x' button to close it

anyway sent you a msg for both @btcton and @Patatas   for a live version and FTP login details
if its possible can you create a custom java to show & hide the emoticons box from right to left and make them clickable   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: