Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:31:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If I buy bitcoin today, afte 1 August what is my bitcoin chain?  (Read 469 times)
facenew111 (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:51:47 AM

If I buy bitcoin today, after 1 August it will be bitcoin classic, right?

I seen many bitcoin split. and I do not know if I buy today. after 1 August then what is my bitcoin chain?

>Bitcoin XT
>Bitcoin Classic
>Bitcoin Unlimited
>Bitcoin ABC
>Bitcoin Cash

I understand that it will be bitcoin classic, Am I correct?

thank you.
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:02:40 AM

In all chains that will fork after 1 August.
facenew111 (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:05:29 AM

In all chains that will fork after 1 August.

I still don't understand because when we buy it we just see BTC so I am confuse that If I buy today or before 1 August \
then after 1 August what is my bitcoin chain.

bitcoin unlimited

or

bitcoin classic
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:19:32 AM

There will no fork after Aug 1. So if you buy BTC now, your BTC will be on the only BTC chain there will be. If there would be another chain, it ll get obliterated in a few weeks cause nobody would mine on it.

SO STOP SPREADING FUD. There re tons of threads here about this issue and I repeat for 55th time, there will be no fork since current SegWit2x support is almost 90% and even Roger Ver will switch to Bip91 once he figures out his ideas re shit and he cannot control BTC.

Pls, it s so simply. If you buy/own BTC, just move them to a local (NOT ONLINE) wallet and keep them there till Aug 1 passes. By Aug 5, it should be safe to transact again and all this fuzz will be behind us. At least behind people who were not stupid enough to sell their BTC for $1800.

Good luck.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:54:50 AM

I seen many bitcoin split.

you are looking but not seeing.
these things you listed here are not "bitcoin splits" these are bitcoin "proposals". there can be a thousands of them and there are many actually available, but them existing doesn't mean bitcoin will split just because they exist.

on top of that the chances of bitcoin splitting is very small. because first of all bitcoin is too big to split, there is a lot of money at risk. not just money of investors holding bitcoin but the money that miners invested in their mining farms and equipment and all the contracts they have such as contract with electricity companies and all the bills they have to pay....

secondly majority of bitcoin ecosystem is supporting 1 thing and 1 thing only. and when majority is behind 1 thing there won't be another chain.

--looking for signature--
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:20:45 AM

There will no fork after Aug 1. So if you buy BTC now, your BTC will be on the only BTC chain there will be. If there would be another chain, it ll get obliterated in a few weeks cause nobody would mine on it.

SO STOP SPREADING FUD. There re tons of threads here about this issue and I repeat for 55th time, there will be no fork since current SegWit2x support is almost 90% and even Roger Ver will switch to Bip91 once he figures out his ideas re shit and he cannot control BTC.

Pls, it s so simply. If you buy/own BTC, just move them to a local (NOT ONLINE) wallet and keep them there till Aug 1 passes. By Aug 5, it should be safe to transact again and all this fuzz will be behind us. At least behind people who were not stupid enough to sell their BTC for $1800.

Good luck.
yes this is good information
many people worried about buying btc before 1 august, it doesn't make sense with any improvement issue facing, that we should worried in buying.
vanluan

Activity: 208
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:24:23 PM

I used all my bitcoin to buy eth  Grin Grin
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

I used all my bitcoin to buy eth  Grin Grin
That’s really sad! I am really feeling sorry for you if you have sold your all bitcoins just for useless eth. Bitcoins are on way to go main stream by having huge values and after the implementation of Segwit, prices will increase even further. If you really don’t want to be the unlucky person, sell your eths and buy as much bitcoins as you can to have your share in the grand reward.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:53:49 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 02:43:11 AM by bncbnc

I used all my bitcoin to buy eth  Grin Grin
That’s really sad! I am really feeling sorry for you if you have sold your all bitcoins just for useless eth. Bitcoins are on way to go main stream by having huge values and after the implementation of Segwit, prices will increase even further. If you really don’t want to be the unlucky person, sell your eths and buy as much bitcoins as you can to have your share in the grand reward.
I think everyone has their own choice and if  a person feel worry about holding bitcoin then he should sell it on time. but still my suggestion will be to hold bitcoin for some time and hope  that our investment will be double. because it is expected that the price of bitcoin will easily cross 5000$ and so it will turn our investment as double.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
feiss

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:00:25 AM

If I buy bitcoin today, after 1 August it will be bitcoin classic, right?

I seen many bitcoin split. and I do not know if I buy today. after 1 August then what is my bitcoin chain?

>Bitcoin XT
>Bitcoin Classic
>Bitcoin Unlimited
>Bitcoin ABC
>Bitcoin Cash

I understand that it will be bitcoin classic, Am I correct?

thank you.
As what I've read on the article about bitcoin, bitcoin will split into two. The transaction related to bitcoin wasn't available and will lose your bitcoin. Don't try to transact within 24 hours before August 1 which is today, if I'm not mistaken. Hold your bitcoin with private key wallet to avoid losing your bitcoin. Exchange your bitcoin in a safe wallet. Some of us will misunderstood of what will happen tomorrow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: