Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin mining not a profitable option right now?  (Read 1575 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:42:07 PM

To all those that have issued the blanket statement that "Bitcoin mining is not profitable":

Please explain why then there is 7,938,651,523 GH/s devoted to mining Bitcoin right now.

Obviously, mining bitcoins is profitable for some people, but maybe just not for everyone.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:08:47 PM

It is not a good option just because of a big system complexity, and if you are planning to enter to a mining market you must invest in a Bitcoin mining machine where the one and only aim is to mine as many Bitcoins as possible, as quickly as possible.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:18:38 PM

It all depends on the electricity cost and the money you have at hand to invest. If you have free electricity get some used antminer S7 not the latest versions but at least with free electricity you make money from them and you can buy them very cheap now.

If you have more money buy 1 or 2 S9 antminers and with free electricity you would be making about 0.40 bitcoin in a month, pretty nice amount I would say.

If your electricity is expensive, don't bother mining as it will not be profitable, by expensive I mean 0.10 usd kwatt and above, lower than this you should still have chances to mine in a profitable way.
machinayz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:45:08 PM

It is really only profitable if you use ASIC Bitcoin Miners

Wanchain connects and exchanges value between different blockchain ledgers in a distributed manner. Visit https://wanchain.org/
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:48:36 PM

Hi All,

Im a newbie into this Bitcoin Arena, I have been reading about bitcoins from many sources.
I saw few threads in this forum where many messaged saying "Bitcoin Mining is not profitable now".

Can somebody explain me why?

Is it not profitable even if I have free ELECTRICITY and latest ASIC hardware?

Regards
Requin

Free ELECTRICITY is enough to get a huge profit in mining because most of the time what miners earned just go to pay their electricity bills and sometimes it is not enough.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Coffee_Lord

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:00:49 AM

For free electricity, budgeting for solar power might be smart...

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:23:42 PM

Equipment is today so expensive,asic miner nobody wants to buy after yours using because you are probably selling because it isn't profitabile. So just in case your ROI is veru fast mining is profitabile. In other case it isn't.
kelstasy

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain Close

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:38:15 PM

It is profitable if you are using the asic miners, better mine alt coins, but remember that the time passes the difficulty increases too and bear in mind the electricity cost.

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:42:55 AM

Logically like this, if it is not profitable why there is still doing it?
just think it.
It is profitable if you are using the asic miners, better mine alt coins, but remember that the time passes the difficulty increases too and bear in mind the electricity cost.
he said free electricity, please read before post.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:34:33 PM

Hi All,

Im a newbie into this Bitcoin Arena, I have been reading about bitcoins from many sources.
I saw few threads in this forum where many messaged saying "Bitcoin Mining is not profitable now".

Regards
Requin

The best way is try, one person can say " It has no sens " but second guy say you it is the gold mine. Just try.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:50:37 PM

Hi All,

Regards
Requin

If you are trying to mine with your computer it could be not profitable otherwise if you are doing this for a bigger scale it is, thats why people doing this.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: