Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:03:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL May 12th Update  (Read 4421 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:43:39 AM

Edit:

I can't resist.  I've worked as a PM and engineer at GE and HP.  If I heard the sort of premise and attitude being displayed by Josh - that person would be canned.  Simple.
Results oriented middle management are not push-overs - don't let Josh make you think this.

We had a slang used in management meetings called a "Come to Jesus" meeting.  Those meetings were never good - since somebody f'ed the pooch - and they either capitulate or career - game over.

We need one big "Come to Jesus" meeting for BFL.  I have a feeling rain of fire, the four horsemen, and the end of days would result if that even had a chance of happening.
I believe the Apocalyse and Second Coming will come long before there exists a BFL ASIC. I see on BFL forums people who also think the same and have opened threads to that same effect. Sad, isn't it?

Damnit:  I broke a cardinal rule of giving personal info.  Uhg.
Bad cow....bad cow. Never let them see you naked.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:50:41 AM

I believe the Apocalyse and Second Coming will come long before there exists a BFL ASIC. I see on BFL forums people who also think the same and have opened threads to that same effect. Sad, isn't it?

I'm actually pretty stunned at how much the tables have turned over there on the BFL forums, and even more stunned that Josh hasn't gone on a massive deleting spree of all the negative comments on the forums.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:12:52 AM

I'm actually pretty stunned at how much the tables have turned over there on the BFL forums, and even more stunned that Josh hasn't gone on a massive deleting spree of all the negative comments on the forums.

Probably busy packing.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:52:48 AM

Sadly, it has been like that for a while.

The fact is, you just can't keep screwing people perpetually. Eventually, you just reach a consensus that "something is wrong".

--------------------

The main worry I have is that the next 5 days are probably going to be a SUPER REFUND Festival.

Consider:
--People from April 1st will be requesting refunds (if they are in anyway smart). Just to renew their 45 day protection from PayPal.
--10 days have lapsed since the start of BFL's CONFIRM OR REFUND email. They sent out that email on May 2nd.
--BFL has seemingly slowed down significantly to responding to emails. Dave said 2 weeks. Though I see people on BFL forums who are saying closer to a month or never received a response.

Basically put, the situation is ripe for a hurricane of refunds.

What would you do if you couldn't get in contact with BFL in any reasonable time if you ordered on April 1st? Would you allow the 45 days to lapse?

What if you are a customer who has asked about the specific terms of the CONFIRM OR REFUND agreement? What if you want to know something like the below before confirming the acceptance to vague changes?:
"When will it ship?"
"Can I still ask for a refund afterwards?"
"What are the power specs on the new devices before I agree to the changes?"

etc.

----------------------------

Would you hold your ground and risk your money not being refunded if you accept the new terms?
How would you request a refund to renew your Paypal Buyer Protection if you can't get in contact with anyone at BFL in a reasonable time frame?

It looks to me like BFL is immensely understaffed for the customer service side of things. They have 5 people working email but they haven't gotten their times back down to reasonable levels. So that is a red flag for future instability in my view.

The next 5 days are probably going to be a strong confluence of events.
dataphile

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:21:15 AM

Maybe not retroactively, but starting now it's proactive.

Quote from: Lab_Rat

If you are new to the forum or rarely post, you may notice that your posts are "moderated."

This means that once you make a post, it needs to be approved before it shows up on the forum, this does not mean there was an error posting and you need to post again. If you post multiple times, it just takes posts longer to be approved as the list of moderated posts and threads grows longer.

If you notice your post is taking a long while to be approved, this may mean that no moderators are currently available to approve posts, but I can assure you that at least once a day I personally go through and deal with all moderated posts.

Thank you for your patience,
Lab_Rat

EDIT: source. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/2645-new-members-please-read.html
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:02:18 AM

Because they didnt want a shitstorm on her own site because lot of people was quit but now there will be nervous ... the read and read few topics and think "whats going on" they shipped one Unit ? then nothing more ?
New Porblems doesnt solved ? No answer from the Customer Help Desk ?
( most Question are Josh fraud , if he answer to the right question the customer doesnt send lots of email because they can read it self ....

No Answer about the next possible timeframe for a refund ... how long is acceptable after not delivering to get a new refund request to all customer ? 3 Month ? 6 ? 9 ?
A new Year ?
Next Chinese New Year ?

Why we didnt get our Voucher code now ? to Order something new and help BFL with fresh Cashflow ? If we Order new they dont give a refund we know it and old Order`s Accept this term ... BFL need fresh money we all know it ... but bfl doesnt say it ... its easier to say the fab make mistakes they build chips they get to hot for our tons of cases and small boards without airflow ...

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 10:43:51 AM

http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-release-notes/

Honest Abe, we're scheduling shipments for October of 2012.

qwerty40
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:45:32 AM

I asked at the forum BFL why they cheat customers? It is already clear that bought the device now have them no earlier than in 2014. My message was quickly removed. Angry
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:47:54 AM

I asked at the forum BFL why they cheat customers? It is already clear that bought the device now have them no earlier than in 2014. My message was quickly removed. Angry

Harr harr so it commences Tongue

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:53:43 AM

http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-release-notes/

Honest Abe, we're scheduling shipments for October of 2012.

Saves someone all the stuff for posterity?
The whole imagery is unfortunately already gone
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171723.msg1786279

Has anyone saved? I actually wanted to tinker a calendar.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:00:28 PM

BFL = Big Fucking Liars  Undecided

Only reason they didnt go bankrupt yet is BTC went from $10 to $100 which saved them as people spent tens of thousands of BTC on preorders.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:16:56 PM

Only reason they didnt go bankrupt yet is BTC went from $10 to $100 which saved them as people spent tens of thousands of BTC on preorders.

They never held BTC, they ordered via Bitpay and Bitpay instantly converted.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:18:16 PM

They never held BTC, they ordered via Bitpay and Bitpay instantly converted.

Thats right ... the only one is winning here is Bitpay if the hold some BTC over the time ...
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:26:18 PM

It's really sad, they are advertising on adsense and telling new people it'll ship in 2 months. It's pretty much a scam now.

qwerty40
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:31:01 PM

It's really sad, they are advertising on adsense and telling new people it'll ship in 2 months. It's pretty much a scam now.
Such messages BFL cleaned very quickly.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:22:23 PM

BFL's silence and blatant need to keep things quiet and not give dates anymore tells the real story.

BFL is running out of time and money. It would not surprise me if they were on their "hail mary" play right now.

Got your popcorn ready as well as your refund?  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:48:30 PM

Look they have a huge incentive to create miners for themselves, as much as their customers. More so now! Josh has stated that over half the first wafer is his (with more to come), so if it means those own devices keeping them on life support, whilst they work on customer products that have some ability to work as intended, then blatantly they will!!

That or a hell of a lot of chips are about to go missing...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:51:09 PM

I am going to leave this here. I have somewhat dissected Inaba's method for avoiding answering questions. It is really quite "brilliant":

The question was that when I ordered my units in Oct of 2012 and he was stating that shipments were possible in late Dec what was he so sure was going to be shipped then when he moved to the new location in late Jan and purchased new tabled to assemble the units on. No answer.

You received no answer because your question was so incredibly stupid that it doesn't deserve an answer.  I mean, seriously, just stop and use your brain for one second.  Just one second.  How did we manage to assemble and ship thousands of FPGA units?  Do you think they just magically fell out of the sky and we shipped them out?  Don't you think (no, you don't, obviously) that we might use that same facility/tables/benches/chairs/etc... to assemble ASIC units?  Are you really this stupid?

This is why I don't take you seriously... you can't even form a cogent thought on simple mechanics, such as assembly... why should I bother to answer any of your other equally asinine questions if you can't even comprehend such a simple thing as new benches vs old benches.

Take notes people ^

1. Doesn't answer questions (cherry picks)

2. Tries to take the high road of making the poster he speaks of as not using their brain.

3. Deflects from main points about delays and focuses on irrelevant point about benches used to assemble units.

4. Asks the user if they are really that stupid.

5. Because he doesn't like one itty bitty thing about the poster's past he will disqualify ever giving any answers to any questions.

6. Calls the questions asked as "ASININE".

7. That is the way to justify not answering questions. ^

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 03:57:55 PM

Lmao the infamous table

andrei.u

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:05:20 PM

Give the old lady a break....
She can't solder too many ASICS a day ...if calls 911 because of too much work, you will have her on your conscience .....
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: