Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:18:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GTX 1070 for mining and differences between different makes  (Read 1792 times)
Akaash (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:38:54 AM

Hi... I have decided to build a 3 GPU mining rig with the GTX 1070 cards. However I am confused as to which brand should I buy or does it not make a difference? Can versions marked 'oc' only be over locked or can others also be overclocked? What is the difference? Kindly help
I am planning on getting an MSI Armor GTX 1070. Starting with ETH/Zcash and moving totally to Zcash once ETH goes POS. Any recommendations as to better makes of GTX 1070 cards? Kindly help out a newbie...
And I don't understand why some cards are more costly than the others😥 I'm from India and I have a price difference of 11,000 between the Armor 8gb OC and the Rog strix version....
Kindly explain the differences?
Thanks in advance,
Akaash
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadesu

Activity: 378
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:36:46 AM

Msi armor cart is lower class then rogue, you hvae gaming x in that class.
Gainward phenix and palit super jet stream are wery good cards.
Zotac also have very good cards, especialy amp versions.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
botmanside

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:34:05 PM

ASUS white is way to go, highly recommended.

RTFF && RTFM...
vx0713

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:07:54 PM

Hi... I have decided to build a 3 GPU mining rig with the GTX 1070 cards. However I am confused as to which brand should I buy or does it not make a difference? Can versions marked 'oc' only be over locked or can others also be overclocked? What is the difference? Kindly help
I am planning on getting an MSI Armor GTX 1070. Starting with ETH/Zcash and moving totally to Zcash once ETH goes POS. Any recommendations as to better makes of GTX 1070 cards? Kindly help out a newbie...
And I don't understand why some cards are more costly than the others😥 I'm from India and I have a price difference of 11,000 between the Armor 8gb OC and the Rog strix version....
Kindly explain the differences?
Thanks in advance,
Akaash

All GTX 1070 can be overclocked, some more than the others.
'OC' in the name of the card means it's factory overclocked, but that factory overclock is usually so small that all other cards can obtain the same clocks.
Some cards cost more than the others because of brand, cooling solution, and factory overclock settings.

Next time you are talking about a price difference in your contry make an effort and convert it to USD or EUR, cuz it don't mean shit to most ppl, and everybody is lazy to google it, so now you are left without an answer regarding if its worth it or not. Anyway, if the price diff. is too much, most probably it isnt worth it, unless you can't stand the sound and heat comming from a card equipped with a weaker cooling solution
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: