Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash fixed orders - prepare to be extorted if you want to place an order  (Read 439 times)
biggee (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:39:11 PM

I've rented a fair bit of scrypt hashpower from nicehash and for the most part I've been a happy customer but recently I've noticed a nasty trend.

The price can skyrocket within seconds for fixed orders, this is a given, but what I've noticed recently is that you can NEVER get your order to go through while the fixed price is low.

It always errors out with "Can't fulfill this order blah blah blah..."

When the price is through the roof these errors seem to magically vanish and you can happily pay through the nose for what you are trying to order.

I thought the whole point of fixed prices was to guarantee a fixed hashrate for a fixed price. I'm happy to do this as since the introduction of fixed orders, standard orders are all but useless now as miners jump in and out all the time and you never get what you paid for.

e.g - order 5 GH/s on standard and you may reach that speed a few times but for the most part miners will drop in and out, leaving a dead order for long periods of time, and only partial hashrate for the rest until your money is gone. Completely worthless if you are renting a large amount of hashpower for a time sensitive specific purpose and end up getting tiny amounts over a longer period.

So standard orders are screwed, forget about them, waste of money.

But now it seems greed has taken over to the extreme and we are now only able to place fixed orders when the price is criminal.

Are there any other reliable alternatives to nicehash as this is becoming unusable now?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: