Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:58:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-07-20] How Businesses In Russia Accept Bitcoin and Pay Taxes  (Read 10547 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:02:05 PM

The government of Russia is still discussing the possibility of official acceptance of cryptocurrencies. However, several businesses are already accepting Bitcoin payments and claim that they do it absolutely legally. But how?

Businesses in Russia show growing interest in accepting cryptocurrencies for their goods and services. Several retailers and restaurants have announced that they are already accepting Bitcoin payments, while some others plan to do so.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/businesses-in-russia-accept-bitcoin-and-pay-taxes/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:24:57 PM

Hmm interesting. So the point is they calculate in the moment of sale how many money in the national currency the buyer payed and from this sum they pay the tax from the profit to the goverment and the government kinda doesn't care what the price of bitcoin was in the moment of buying and in the moment of paying the tax. Well it is smart from the one side and complicated from the other. Because of as I know Russian government didn't accept any concrete law about crypto-currency regulation, so, such firms may have problems the next year when the tax from the profit for this year should be paid.
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:08:48 PM

Hmm interesting. So the point is they calculate in the moment of sale how many money in the national currency the buyer payed and from this sum they pay the tax from the profit to the goverment and the government kinda doesn't care what the price of bitcoin was in the moment of buying and in the moment of paying the tax. Well it is smart from the one side and complicated from the other. Because of as I know Russian government didn't accept any concrete law about crypto-currency regulation, so, such firms may have problems the next year when the tax from the profit for this year should be paid.

You are right, in Russia now there is no law that regulates the crypto currency. This causes difficulty in humans when using bitcoin. It is very difficult to conduct business using the Crypto currency, at a time when you do not know how such a monetary transaction will be treated by the tax police

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:28:40 AM

That is good news, because a lot of the early adopters were from Russia and the other Russian-speaking countries. But the negative attitude form the government forced many of the promising ventures to move out of Russia. The case of BTC-e is a perfect example. That exchange was started by two guys from Moscow. But since the government was not supportive, they had to shift the operations to Bulgaria.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:01:39 AM

I am agree with you here. I live in Russia and here on the forum I read many news in the "press" section and on local board about bitcoin acceptance in here. Burger King, this grocery store and many other places who already began to accept bitcoin for payment in the country where there still there is no any clear regulation of crypto-currencies. Our government is only makeing a project of the necessary law yet, but in fact, as I noticed, the date of the final release of the law is still extended in time. Firstly I have heard that the necessary law should be taken this spring already. It wasn't. Now they are talking about 2018 year, in the case of the law, and about 2019 year, in the case of total regulation. Now I am asking myseld will it happen? Doubt. I suppose it's going to be new prolongations...
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 01:26:22 PM

Burger King, this grocery store and many other places who already began to accept bitcoin for payment in the country where there still there is no any clear regulation of crypto-currencies.

The rumor that Burger King began accepting Bitcoin payments was later proven to be a fake news item spread by the Coin Telegraph. Are you willing to pay $5 in transaction fee for a burger which costs $2?
karabasss

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:32:43 PM

Burger King, this grocery store and many other places who already began to accept bitcoin for payment in the country where there still there is no any clear regulation of crypto-currencies.

The rumor that Burger King began accepting Bitcoin payments was later proven to be a fake news item spread by the Coin Telegraph. Are you willing to pay $5 in transaction fee for a burger which costs $2?

Yes, it's very stupid. Small payments are now difficult to implement with the help of bitcoin. Few will agree to such large commissions. And even more so in Russia, where the incomes of the population are not very high

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
jerk10

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:02:37 AM

Yes, it's very stupid. Small payments are now difficult to implement with the help of bitcoin. Few will agree to such large commissions. And even more so in Russia, where the incomes of the population are not very high

Looking at the enormous price of bitcoin I think instead of using bitcoin as a currency, a country must accept some AltCoin as a medium for payment.
Flyyyy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:33:25 PM

Looking at the enormous price of bitcoin I think instead of using bitcoin as a currency, a country must accept some AltCoin as a medium for payment.

If the country has not recognized Bitcoin, then alternative coins can not be accepted. In Russia, the crypto-currency has not yet been recognized and it is unlikely that it will be recognized in the near future. Some businesses take bitcoin at their own risk

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: