Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:08:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin profitablity/difficulty  (Read 871 times)
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:52:58 AM

Kind of surprised the price hasn't shot up much even though the difficulty is quickly climbing. If it stays like this, it won't be long until it's not profitable. Do you guys think we'll be seeing $6+ pretty soon?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
p00chie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:56:30 AM

nope, because all those other crapcoins hold the 'value' of LTC down. except for other settings these coins are just copycats. maybe except YAC.

cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:03:00 AM

nope, because all those other crapcoins hold the 'value' of LTC down. except for other settings these coins are just copycats. maybe except YAC.
AFAIK, yac doesn't have any improvements or significant innovation over the current well established cryptocoins. It's just using a different hashing algorithm which (for now) is resistant to GPU and ASIC hashing.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:03:36 AM

And why would YAC be special?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
p00chie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:08:07 AM

as long as its not possible to mine with gpu it is something different because not everyone has a botnet or is hosting amazon servers.
so it is different to ltc in a simple way but at least it is something. take all other scrypt coins. they are allways the same except for block rewards und time between blocks.

maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:15:44 AM

as long as its not possible to mine with gpu it is something different because not everyone has a botnet or is hosting amazon servers.
so it is different to ltc in a simple way but at least it is something. take all other scrypt coins. they are allways the same except for block rewards und time between blocks.

And also it is very fast. If it is introduced on multiple exchanges, you can use it for arbitration very effectively.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
Wilderness

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:23:48 AM

I hope so, I have noticed the same thing it feels like profitability for any mining is getting squeezed out.

Is this a regular trend / cycle that mining goes through? Could it be attributed to all the new alt coins or even the fabled asics?
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:25:10 AM

It's only a matter of time for this coin to be mined with GPU's. I can't see a reason not to mine this coin with GPU other than that no one has developed the software to do it. Or should I say RELEASED ?
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:13:20 AM

They also hold the hashrate down. If the people mining junkalts moved to LTC the diff would probably be over 800. As it is it's going up in 24 hours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: