Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of dedicated mining cards!  (Read 310 times)
Teljkon (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:49:10 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 09:59:35 PM by Teljkon

Im a little weary of dedicated mining cards bit coin disrupts traditional banking and the major chip producer still use traditional banking to fund there projects. So I'm curious has anyone annnounced that they are going to do a hard tear down on these cards to check them for back doors built in faults and other major flaws that could be used against miners? As the old saying goes the borrower is slave to the lender and I'm willing to bet that there relationship with the big banks is more important to them than there relationship to miners.  Especially AMD they have a shitload of debt.
williamuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:55:23 PM

Im a little weary of dedicated mining cards bit coin disrupts traditional banking and the major chip producer still use traditional banking to fund there projects. So I'm curious has anyone annnounced that they are going to do a hard tear down on these cards to check them for back doors built in faults and other major flaws that could be used against miners? As the old saying goes the borrower is slave to the lender and I'm willing to bet that there relationship with the big banks is more important to them than there relationship to miners.  Especially and they have a shitload of debt.

Interesting way to tarnish the image of miners and mining card manufacturers... "fight the Core developers and you are supporting the evil bankers" ...

Already going full propaganda for 2x? You guys don't waste much time.
Teljkon (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:06:43 PM

I'm not out to tarnish anyone's reputation or support anyone else. I'm just asking has someone done the due diligence to make sure that's not the case? I believe corporations are self interested and driven by preservation just like human beings are. I don't have anything against bankers either I just don't trust them to play fair business is a dirty game that people play to win.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:36:03 PM

I'm not out to tarnish anyone's reputation or support anyone else. I'm just asking has someone done the due diligence to make sure that's not the case? I believe corporations are self interested and driven by preservation just like human beings are. I don't have anything against bankers either I just don't trust them to play fair business is a dirty game that people play to win.

Are you talking specifically about GPU mining for alt coins?  There are some mining specific cards that are built on the platform of a previous GPU, but I don't think it would make sense to assume anything.

Any big bank could purchase a significant % of Bitcoin if they really wanted to.  I don't think they even care about Nvidia or AMD aside from their respective stock prices for investment purposes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: