Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in setting up mining rig cheaply at my location?  (Read 465 times)
bitken (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:51:18 AM

Hi,

I am from Malaysia. Currently I'm paying around USD30 for unlimited amount of electricity per month no matter how you use it.
So a 7950 cost around USD300+ here, roughly the cost how you set up your rig over in the US. And I have direct contact to computer suppliers here to get cheap price.
It's all about trust here. I can assure you that I am intended to do this full time but with condition that I can earn a percentage amount from the mining, since I am paying for the electricity and upkeeping the rigs.

:-)
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:46:57 AM

How exactly do you plan to have it work? If I was interested would I have to pay for the hardware and get remote acces to the machine in return? In case I want out of mining would you be willing to send the hardware to me?

Don't get me wrong the idea of "renting" room for my hardware in a place where electricity is cheap sounds at least interesting.  But I am not quite sure how exactly this should work. From your point of view I'd rather try to make use of that electricity deal just for myself. If I take the prices here in germany as a base the 30$ per month for electricity would be made up by just a single rig already so the second rig would already create BTC for free (well apart from having to make up for the hardware costs first).

bitken (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:58:43 AM

How exactly do you plan to have it work? If I was interested would I have to pay for the hardware and get remote acces to the machine in return? In case I want out of mining would you be willing to send the hardware to me?

Don't get me wrong the idea of "renting" room for my hardware in a place where electricity is cheap sounds at least interesting.  But I am not quite sure how exactly this should work. From your point of view I'd rather try to make use of that electricity deal just for myself. If I take the prices here in germany as a base the 30$ per month for electricity would be made up by just a single rig already so the second rig would already create BTC for free (well apart from having to make up for the hardware costs first).

That is exactly what I mean.
You would have to pay for the hardware cost and get remote access to the machine in return.
You have the options to get back your hardware but the delivery cost would not be cheap.
It sounds like I am renting out a room to house your rigs, and I am interested only in earning the percentage of the btc/ltc and keep it for whenever it is profitable to sell.
I am planning to setup one soon. I just hoping for an extra income since I can house more than what I am capable of because at the moment I can only afford one rig (7850x4).

:-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: