Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Import Duty Rate on L3+ Shipped to USA  (Read 1294 times)
sailing9 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:44:18 PM

Does anyone know what the import duty rate is on L3+'s and PSU's shipped from Bitmain into the USA?

Thanks
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:58:01 PM

Does anyone know what the import duty rate is on L3+'s and PSU's shipped from Bitmain into the USA?

Thanks

i'd like to know as well
sailing9 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:06:31 AM

Thanks

i'd like to know as well

Does anyone know?
Duce

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:27:14 AM

Thanks

i'd like to know as well

Does anyone know?

Depends on how many you get. One unit (depending on what batch you bought/buy) and a power supply with get through at no additional cost. Four units alone will cost. Once you past a certain threshold, $2000 right now IAW https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases you may pay. Here is a quote from the link provided "Pitfalls: If the item's value is more than $2,000, it may be held at the mail facility until you can arrange for a formal entry. This may require either hiring a customs broker to clear your goods or you may file the paperwork yourself." key phrase "may be held". Other important information can be found here as well about commercial purchases having a limit of $2500 before paying duty.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 01:29:37 AM

after completed this custom form :
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP%20Form%205106%20(05-13).pdf

my first order from first batch was 2 antminer l3+ with a total value of 2837$
i paid 25$ custom fee after 2 l3+ Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:35:45 AM

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP%20Form%205106%20(05-13).pdf

exact same for me.
sailing9 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:37:28 AM

Thanks

i'd like to know as well

Does anyone know?

Depends on how many you get. One unit (depending on what batch you bought/buy) and a power supply with get through at no additional cost. Four units alone will cost. Once you past a certain threshold, $2000 right now IAW https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases you may pay. Here is a quote from the link provided "Pitfalls: If the item's value is more than $2,000, it may be held at the mail facility until you can arrange for a formal entry. This may require either hiring a customs broker to clear your goods or you may file the paperwork yourself." key phrase "may be held". Other important information can be found here as well about commercial purchases having a limit of $2500 before paying duty.

After reading that link, I'm now more worried about customs delaying the delivery than I am about the import tax.  Have you ever heard of any nightmare scenarios where L3's were held up for weeks in customs?  I don't think the product is controversial or merits any deep scrutiny, but I'm thinking I may need to hire a customs broker to help avoid any huge delay.  I ordered over a dozen L3's.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:39:10 AM

Thanks

i'd like to know as well

Does anyone know?

After reading that link, I'm now more worried about customs delaying the delivery than I am about the import tax.  Have you ever heard of any nightmare scenarios where L3's were held up for weeks in customs?  I don't think the product is controversial or merits any deep scrutiny, but I'm thinking I may need to hire a customs broker to help avoid any huge delay.  I ordered over a dozen L3's.
That's extremely unlikely. I have ordered many miners direct from China and I have never experienced anything out of the ordinary except very short delays when they happen to inspect the shipped product. I also live in the United States Smiley As long as you aren't buying drugs or illegal substances even delays will be very short if at all they happen.
sailing9 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:47:24 AM

Thanks

i'd like to know as well

Does anyone know?

That's extremely unlikely. I have ordered many miners direct from China and I have never experienced anything out of the ordinary except very short delays when they happen to inspect the shipped product. I also live in the United States Smiley As long as you aren't buying drugs or illegal substances even delays will be very short if at all they happen.

That's good to hear, thanks
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:37:27 AM

Wow! That's so good. I really envy you guys. I reside in a country where I had to pay 60USD for import fees, customs duty and some other duties listed on the form for a 90 USD (Actual Price + Shipping) Ledger Nano S. Moreover, I ordered 2 Motherboards at the same time from newegg for 300 USD (Actual Price + Shipping) and had to pay upfront 150 USD duty to courier guy. Lesson learned to never order anything international until and unless there is a marginal difference in domestic and international prices with keeping duty in mind. So, I never even look into getting ASICs from China. I'll be doomed.
besiktarz

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:06:20 PM

Hi, it will be a refreshed topic but i have an big issue about Custom Duties USA, I ordered 3xD3 and shipped them to my friend who lives in South Carolina. He just had a call about the delivery and we had info about custom fee 148$ ?? I didn't undestand whats the difference how you guys handle the situation with lower duty fees?

Here is the detail of my custom duty fee:

https://pasteboard.co/GTWeUdx.jpg

any missing info may be I don't know but i guess they calculated something wrong may be the EISNN number

can u guys help me plz?
c-none

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:11:02 PM

Hi, it will be a refreshed topic but i have an big issue about Custom Duties USA, I ordered 3xD3 and shipped them to my friend who lives in South Carolina. He just had a call about the delivery and we had info about custom fee 148$ ?? I didn't undestand whats the difference how you guys handle the situation with lower duty fees?

Here is the detail of my custom duty fee:

https://pasteboard.co/GTWeUdx.jpg

any missing info may be I don't know but i guess they calculated something wrong may be the EISNN number

can u guys help me plz?

Thank to God that you did not order them to Turkey, lol.

Customs will not allow these units to enter to country.
besiktarz

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:27:36 PM

actually they let but more than %40 custom fee will be added for Turkey as far as I know.

thats why I sent them to USA adress.
R0MD0C1

Activity: 212

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:13:50 PM

Cry
You’re so lucky ! I paid 340€ (~400$) for one D3+psu and 330€ (~390$) for one l3+ delivered in Europe...
netyti

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:56:28 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 04:11:57 AM by netyti

Good evening Dear friends. Help me please.  I'm going to order 30 pcs antminer l3+ on bitmain with shipping by UPS or DHL in Florida. Please tell me what should I do with the customs payment ? how to pay customs TAX ? I want to make a shipping  in the name of my company in miami.  What amount of tax I have to pay ?
vk279

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:16:24 PM

UPS guy was here to deliver Antminer S9 which I ordered from Bitmain back in December 2017 purchased using BCH and paid about $2800.
I was shocked when the delivery guy said I need to pay $110 in Customs fee.  Is this right amount? Who is charging me this fee US government or UPS?
I was expecting something like $25 to $30.
Any info is appreciated.  Thanks

2dMoond

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:31:39 AM

Does anyone know how to pay these duties online for UPS in the USA ?
Import C.O.D. (ICOD) charges are due for this shipment.
The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package.
piratek

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:47:32 PM

My last one from UPS was 53.64 for a miner and power supply
dtawom

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:34:10 AM

Get ready to be sad panda's.  Thanks to this: https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/14/news/economy/trump-china-tariffs/index.html
you can expect to pay 25-30% duty on all cryptocurrency miners and a ton of other stuff coming from China.  I ordered 3 z9 mini's at an end price with shipping of @ $2500.  I had to fork over a COD check to UPS for $744 to cover the duties they paid before they would release the 3 miners to me.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:51:55 AM

Yep these fees will be very bad for usa customers.  I can see people in the usa will no longer order antminers anymore.  too much negatives,  bear market, high shipping import fees, long roi, increase difficulty, lower coin prices,

Whats not to like
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: