Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:21:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The fate of Litecoin  (Read 2088 times)
CryptoPro3 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Money loves speed

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:15:01 AM

With the upgrade being locked in with BTC, what do you think the future of LTC price will be? Why would anyone use LTC when Segwit was the one advantage that it had over BTC? Was thinking about maying trading my LTC stash in for BTC or ETH.

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
enervey

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 12:28:26 AM

It's hard to predict the price movement but news like this doesn't help...

https://steemit.com/litecoin/@someguy123/litecoin-network-is-under-attack-disabled-on-polo-btc-e-gdax-etc
bs.glory

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:33:01 AM

According to the research, "Litecoin was announced in 2011 with the goal of being the 'silver' to bitcoin's 'gold'. At the time of writing, Litecoin  has the highest market cap of any mined cryptocurrency, after bitcoin." Definitely, the currency will be viable for the next decades since its convertible to BTC and current currency, yet in different forms.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

According to the research, "Litecoin was announced in 2011 with the goal of being the 'silver' to bitcoin's 'gold'. At the time of writing, Litecoin  has the highest market cap of any mined cryptocurrency, after bitcoin." Definitely, the currency will be viable for the next decades since its convertible to BTC and current currency, yet in different forms.

This ^

Since its inception litecoin was 'just a bitcoin clone', however still here, still strong, with SegWit active in bitcoin and litecoin I believe it makes the two even more valuable.

rogerajacto

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

It's hard to predict the price movement but news like this doesn't help...

https://steemit.com/litecoin/@someguy123/litecoin-network-is-under-attack-disabled-on-polo-btc-e-gdax-etc

No worries with LTC on polo... Everything seems to be working fine!
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:16:38 AM

$7.5

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:29:06 AM

With the upgrade being locked in with BTC, what do you think the future of LTC price will be? Why would anyone use LTC when Segwit was the one advantage that it had over BTC?
future of LTC price is a bit different from the "advantages" as it usually is with most altcoins. you can see ethereum with lots of problems and a lot of bugs still has high value! and it has 0 advantage over anything!

LTC has been around for a very long time and all this time it has kept up a very high volume, a very healthy network, an active developer team, and a high price ($4+ for the most part).
i don't see why this has to change. LTC will continue as it was if not better with all the additions.

Was thinking about maying trading my LTC stash in for BTC or ETH.
that is a different question then.
LTC-BTC price is going down while LTC-USD is rising. so far 0.017BTC and this shows this coin has some potential for rise. if you have some LTC and wanted BTC you should have sold when it was above 0.02BTC before the bitcoin rally. now it is late and unless bitcoin goes above $3000 i don't think LTC-BTC will go any lower.

as for selling LTC to buy ETH, that is your decision. i would not do it at the moment with the recent huge ETH hack there is a lot of dumping going on.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:35:30 AM

Litecoin is actually the lite version of bitcoin, you can think litecoin as the testnet of the bitcoin but I think litecoin might be very different in the future.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1282

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:36:54 AM

This ^

Since its inception litecoin was 'just a bitcoin clone', however still here, still strong, with SegWit active in bitcoin and litecoin I believe it makes the two even more valuable.

yes that sounds right.
I think is true that they will be tradable against each other also.
I like Litecoin and what the developers are doing, it was the second
currency I bought into so I have faith in it now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
lawlawlaw

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:37:19 AM

your trade of ltc to btc would be worth in someways. it's really hard to predict because when aug1 comes, btc may split into two.
btceuropen

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:47:01 AM

impossible.

just said as the creation thread "Litecoin is the lite version of Bitcoin".
strohhirn

Activity: 145

★ WORLDCORE ★

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:02:54 AM

I think Litecoin will sustain, just because of speculation. There are still people investing in things having no doubts what it is.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:03:15 AM

From beginning I have been saying this and That bitcoin has no competitors mong the crytocurrency. Litecoin activation of segwith has not help it either. I have never think that litecoin has any advantage over other bitcoin as bitcoin served as a gold standard to others crytocurrency including litecoin most of the features we see in most coins are copy from bitcoin.
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:05:27 AM

I have questioned this before and here's one of the better reply and explanation apart from the usual LTC is better than BTC for sure!
But essentially.. even if everything goes well with BTC Litecoin will still be faster and have potentially cheaper transactions. Plus LTC has a great lead in Charlie while the BTC community is still very conflicted. So even after Aug 1st I'd say LTC is the better coin and has a good roadmap with MAST and smart contracts coming.

dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:17:04 AM

LTC showed a positive price moving. I think longterm it still very good. Also soon lighting network adoption will come. Thats mean atomic swap  between BTC/LTC.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:31:20 AM

I hold BTC and LTC, both are great, original, decentralized coins.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:35:16 AM

It appears that LTCs leadership is good for BTC. That hasn't changed.
dobolspeed2

Activity: 241

TLS Group

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

Litecoin has a good investor, I think they can give something different in the future, long term investment for litecoin I think would be very good considering litecoin has promising investors

▬▬[  Tlsgroup.io  ]▬▬[Cryptocurrency Investment Fund]▬ 
▌ Cryptocurrency Mining Infrastructure ▐
▬▬| Twitter  | Telegram  | Linkedin  | Instagram   | Facebook| ▬▬
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:49:44 PM

With the upgrade being locked in with BTC, what do you think the future of LTC price will be? Why would anyone use LTC when Segwit was the one advantage that it had over BTC? Was thinking about maying trading my LTC stash in for BTC or ETH.
Ltc's future might not be bad since it has a potential to grow up more, but like you said no one might use ltc when segwit was the only advantage it has on btc. Even if that's the case, people might use ltc for hedging purposes because litecoin is a good coin to buy when altcoin price movements becomes to crazy since it seldomly pumps or dump.
John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:56:49 PM

I think that with multiple versions of segwit and the 2mb hardfork near in the future, I think LTC is still a strong pick for hedging against BTC
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: