Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:53:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The fate of Litecoin  (Read 2088 times)
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:02:03 PM

Why would anyone use LTC when Segwit was the one advantage that it had over BTC? W

Have you actually ever used both? LTC has always had an advantage over BTC with faster confirmation times. Anyone who doesn't understand this has more patience than 99 percent of the human race. If you're in that 1 percent group I congratulate you for being the better person.
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

I don't think I need to say this again (since I don't make any money off this) but.........as a user of both coins (I don't invest (read: speculate) I can say with ease that Litecoin is much easier , faster, and cheaper to use than Bitcoin. Just because something is priced high doesn't mean its better.......to me anyways. For most of you guys here, you're crypto enthusiasts and thats good. I do keep the original Bitcoins that I mined a long time ago. But it is getting very difficult to see a future with Bitcoin in it. Think about it truly: I challenge all of you to live with bitcoin, actually have to use it and depend on it for 1 week, see how that goes. I have switched to Litecoin for being my digital currency. I can send money anywhere in the world cheaply (at 5 cents USD) and it gets there in less than 5 minutes. Now that is something I can see myself using in my daily life in the future. Even if you people say stuff like : oh its a clone, well I don't see anyone using Internet Explorer anymore, and google chrome is just a clone of internet explorer!

You know for a bunch of technophiles, this community does seem to be very anti-progressive.

But then again, People are very irrational when it comes to their money. I personally thought this technology was supposed to help people, not become a platform for getting rich quick.
Thetaj

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:22:08 PM

Here, let me give you a real world example. You know those new miners from bitmain that were on sale and everyone wanted one? We had to fight for it and order quickly. Guess who got them first? Bitcoin payers or Litecoin payers?

spoiler alert: I used both, Litecoin goes through way faster than bitcoin. And guess what? If you opened an order with Bitcoin and your transaction got stuck in the mempool? You're screwed son because that shit might take 1-2 hours to confirm. And the person who paid with Litecoin probably got your miner
Quicksilver143

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:35:31 PM

With the upgrade being locked in with BTC, what do you think the future of LTC price will be? Why would anyone use LTC when Segwit was the one advantage that it had over BTC? Was thinking about maying trading my LTC stash in for BTC or ETH.
Dude...  Its very hard for us to predict on what will happen on something...
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:25:25 PM

Litecoin is actually the lite version of bitcoin, you can think litecoin as the testnet of the bitcoin but I think litecoin might be very different in the future.
litecoin has a good price now, and i think it is good to, as well as the other alt coins there, and one thing i can say that litecoin has a potential too so litecoin has a good future for eveyone who invested on it too.

ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:31:36 PM

With the upgrade being locked in with BTC, what do you think the future of LTC price will be? Why would anyone use LTC when Segwit was the one advantage that it had over BTC? Was thinking about maying trading my LTC stash in for BTC or ETH.
Predicting something is very difficult but you can minimise mistake with looking for trusted information.
cnmgfb

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Predicting something is very difficult but you can minimise mistake with looking for trusted information.

exactly! people should have learnt how to predict from DAO and hacking, but pumping is for selling, and who cares Grin
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:51:46 PM

I don't think I need to say this again (since I don't make any money off this) but.........as a user of both coins (I don't invest (read: speculate) I can say with ease that Litecoin is much easier , faster, and cheaper to use than Bitcoin. Just because something is priced high doesn't mean its better.......to me anyways. For most of you guys here, you're crypto enthusiasts and thats good. I do keep the original Bitcoins that I mined a long time ago. But it is getting very difficult to see a future with Bitcoin in it. Think about it truly: I challenge all of you to live with bitcoin, actually have to use it and depend on it for 1 week, see how that goes. I have switched to Litecoin for being my digital currency. I can send money anywhere in the world cheaply (at 5 cents USD) and it gets there in less than 5 minutes. Now that is something I can see myself using in my daily life in the future. Even if you people say stuff like : oh its a clone, well I don't see anyone using Internet Explorer anymore, and google chrome is just a clone of internet explorer!

You know for a bunch of technophiles, this community does seem to be very anti-progressive.

But then again, People are very irrational when it comes to their money. I personally thought this technology was supposed to help people, not become a platform for getting rich quick.
Thanks for sharing your opinion! I do have a question though. Are you saying that BTC will never get as cheap and fast compared to LTC no matter what BTC do (doesn't matter how long BTC takes in future)? BTC doesn't really have to be the cheapest or fastest because I think people can still accept whatever LTC has, probably up to x3? (15 cents USD and 15 minutes)

Thetaj

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:29:14 PM

Thanks for sharing your opinion! I do have a question though. Are you saying that BTC will never get as cheap and fast compared to LTC no matter what BTC do (doesn't matter how long BTC takes in future)? BTC doesn't really have to be the cheapest or fastest because I think people can still accept whatever LTC has, probably up to x3? (15 cents USD and 15 minutes)

Well, this technology is still very experimental. From what I can remember way back, it is technically possible to make bitcoin even faster than Litecoin, at 1.5minute/block. But it was impossible to do so due to the community consensus and hard fork required to do it (we'd end up with 2 bitcoins). So no, I do not think there is anyway for bitcoin to become as fast or as cheap as Litecoin, in the near or far future. The way to scale Bitcoin now is to do Off-chain transactions(2nd layer) and This is where Charlie Lee, the creator of litecoin laid out his vision, which is to have both Bitcoin and Litecoin working together in the future.

In a perfect world, this would scale the Bitcoin/Litecoin pair incredibly high (it would have at least 5X the capacity it does now and transaction fees on bitcoin would be significantly reduced). I do believe alot of people (even bitcoin maximalists) are warming up to the idea of that as well. But this requires Bitcoin to first pass the whole Segwit drama and then adopt the same technologies as Litecoin (such as the MAST and LN).

I do hope that this becomes reality in the future because this has massive implications for everyone and would finally open the door to mass adoption because Btc/Ltc can now actually service a massive amount of people all at once with very little to no delay and very cheap fees. But I am a realist, Bitcoin has become too big too fast (like the internet during the Dot-com bubble). It has kind of become the victim of it's own success. Many of the people that are here on this forum and on reddit do not want anything for bitcoin that does not involve making them rich (in USD/EUR/ or other real world money). If we took a poll right now, I don't think more than 20% of the people here actually believe in cryptocurrencies, they just want a get-rich-quick scheme. And those people would do anything in their power to get it. And if that includes blocking any progress that does not push forward their goal of getting rich very quick.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:31:36 PM

The fate is $7.5 during 1 hour like in 2015.

Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:46:51 PM

Well, this technology is still very experimental. From what I can remember way back, it is technically possible to make bitcoin even faster than Litecoin, at 1.5minute/block. But it was impossible to do so due to the community consensus and hard fork required to do it (we'd end up with 2 bitcoins). So no, I do not think there is anyway for bitcoin to become as fast or as cheap as Litecoin, in the near or far future. The way to scale Bitcoin now is to do Off-chain transactions(2nd layer) and This is where Charlie Lee, the creator of litecoin laid out his vision, which is to have both Bitcoin and Litecoin working together in the future.

In a perfect world, this would scale the Bitcoin/Litecoin pair incredibly high (it would have at least 5X the capacity it does now and transaction fees on bitcoin would be significantly reduced). I do believe alot of people (even bitcoin maximalists) are warming up to the idea of that as well. But this requires Bitcoin to first pass the whole Segwit drama and then adopt the same technologies as Litecoin (such as the MAST and LN).

I do hope that this becomes reality in the future because this has massive implications for everyone and would finally open the door to mass adoption because Btc/Ltc can now actually service a massive amount of people all at once with very little to no delay and very cheap fees. But I am a realist, Bitcoin has become too big too fast (like the internet during the Dot-com bubble). It has kind of become the victim of it's own success. Many of the people that are here on this forum and on reddit do not want anything for bitcoin that does not involve making them rich (in USD/EUR/ or other real world money). If we took a poll right now, I don't think more than 20% of the people here actually believe in cryptocurrencies, they just want a get-rich-quick scheme. And those people would do anything in their power to get it. And if that includes blocking any progress that does not push forward their goal of getting rich very quick.
That's the sad state of the current world unfortunately. That's some very interesting explanation again! I think I can understand even better why some good people just want the hard fork / split for BTC now then later. I am though a bit confuse about the part where you think BTC won't get to a certain stage that the creator of LTC has visualized in order to have both coins working together.

By the way, user xbiv2 might be a troll. He constantly mentioned that LTC has zero significant progress in the last 5 years. What's your take on that?

rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:20:50 PM

I think that with multiple versions of segwit and the 2mb hardfork near in the future, I think LTC is still a strong pick for hedging against BTC

You may be right for that, but I think not for LTC to do BTC protection you have, I think there are many other best Altcoin in the market, cons like EDG ARK and WINGS, maybe the most important of Altcoin is Secure Your Btc From Hardfork .
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:39:56 PM

Imo litecoin will only grow bigger as bitcoin evolves..

The recent price correction also showed that litecoin was one of the more stable coins with a more realistic price valuation compared to other coins.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:44:17 PM

Waiting price dip to buy more LTC. If we look at LTC/BTC chart price changing hardly. It is in range between 0.01/0.02 ltc/btc from March.

I sold half on last 0.02 ltc/btc
And I probably switch to ETH because it can show more BTC grow in future.Also hopefully we will see a good dip after hacks on ETH.

I think LTC will rise only in fiat price,because BTC rise. If it falls to 0.014 than it will probably rise again to 0.021/0.022
Here at 0.014 I probably will buy some LTC.

I dont think LTC/BTC will be more than 0.022 or will receive support here for long.

But it seems anyway ETH / BTC pair grow more.And it receiving support at higher levels.
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:50:48 PM

Litecoin is also a good crypto currency and I really like it I am sure it will grow as the world knows more about crypto currency at this time most of the people just thinking of Bitcoin and after that Ethrerum but when people will start to realize the value of other crypto currency I am sure litecoin will be one of them and it will grow for sure.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:40:53 AM

Litecoin is a good coin and its price will rise alongwith bitcoin and others. Holding it long term will be
rewarding.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:35:35 AM

LTC is "silver" to BTC. So I think LTC will rise along side with BTC and it will be rewarding in long term.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

All the true decentralized crypto currencies have big future, especially the first 2  - BTC and LTC.
In two years from now, I predict the crypto market to increase 100 fold. 

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Thetaj

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:42:55 AM

That's the sad state of the current world unfortunately. That's some very interesting explanation again! I think I can understand even better why some good people just want the hard fork / split for BTC now then later. I am though a bit confuse about the part where you think BTC won't get to a certain stage that the creator of LTC has visualized in order to have both coins working together.

By the way, user xbiv2 might be a troll. He constantly mentioned that LTC has zero significant progress in the last 5 years. What's your take on that?

lol ignore the troll. As I stated before, In order for rational judgement to be made about Bitcoin and Litecoin, you have to take your stake out of the equation for a little bit, and just try it. JUST TRY IT. I repeat for everyone that reads this: JUST TRY IT. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Buy 50$ of Litecoin, buy 50$ of Bitcoin and just try it out. Take it for a spin, move your money around, buy shit you don't need, just try it out and see how it goes! As for Bitcoin, make no mistake, it is the best thing that has happened since the internet. But as with all new technology, the pioneer usually doesn't make it till the end. I don't think anyone of us still uses AOL or dial-up modem for example. But it does pave the way for alot of other things. Bitcoin might be different, it might buck the trend, it might be the one beacon that truly stands the test of time, be able to scale as much as possible. The technology is there, but it is going to be a rocky ride and the need for consensus may very well be the death of it. Being decentralized, bitcoin is like a super public company, where every single employee is also a stake holder. If everyone truly works together, for the benefit of the whole company, then shit, that company is gonna take over the world! But the same can be said of Communism........in theory. Here in the real world, people got responsibilities, they get weighed down by selfishness and ego.

I had to take a step back from Bitcoin for a long time to see that. The best we can do for cryptocurrencies is let this ship run its course, whether it be to the bottom of the abyss or up into the milkyway is determined solely by the strength of the community as a whole. The cards are stacked against it, investors wanna get rich quick, Bagholders waiting to sell, Core developers working to improve upon the code, miners wanna make profit, some wanna scale others don't wanna scale if they lose profit. And the bigger it gets, the worst its gonna get.
nelson4lov

Activity: 2114
Merit: 795

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:03:11 AM

All the true decentralized crypto currencies have big future, especially the first 2  - BTC and LTC.
In two years from now, I predict the crypto market to increase 100 fold. 

I agree with you. The Cryptocurrency market is still in infancy stage. We haven't seen the full potential yet. Since crypto isn't a full proof gradma friendly kinda technology, It's currently being adopted by Young Enthusiasts and will take a bit more time for the other generations — Say 40 years and above to join the Crypto space. I believe with time, We'll get there. For instance, Bitcoin is worth at least $20 Trillion Market Cap imo

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████