Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are some people so Anti Bitcoins??  (Read 1058 times)
MatthewDietrichRSA (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:45:58 AM

One of the teacher at school spoke about Bitcoins and thats when i heard of it for the first time.So when i told him that i mined it ,he says maybe its a scam? I honestly think his talking BS? He also says that "they" might steal my creditentual what a load of crap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:48:13 AM

Thanks for your creditentual. You should be more careful with your next one.
cryptocointalk

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 10:58:31 AM

Bitcoins are not scams, define scam.
Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:05:45 PM

Don't take any guff from these swine.

See you're also in South Africa, howzit.

gabet123

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:26:25 PM

Fear is driven from a lack of understanding and a deficiency of curiosity.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:30:10 PM

Tell the people who bought in when bitcoin was 260 that it is not a scam.  Smiley
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:32:54 PM

Tell the people who bought in when bitcoin was 260 that it is not a scam.  Smiley

Bad decisions are scams? Who forced them to "be scammed"? Moron...
BitcoinBoss

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:38:55 PM

Bitcoin is not a scam, it is a complex system and lack of understanding does not make something a scam.

There a scammers within the BTC trading market, so be careful, however this does not make Bitcoin or cryptocurrency less legitimate, every currency has scammers and legitimate traders. Smiley

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:44:41 PM

This is the attitude of the bitcoin community... these to jackasses under me.
You got fucked by bitcoin it is your own fault!! you are an idiot if you lost money with scammy old bitcoin. You must be a moron if you lose money with a currency that changes value like a fart in the wind.
Whats that you say? you took payment for an item in bitcoin only to have it plunge in value two minutes after you got them.. you are a moron,
what? you say that in the time it took to confirm to your wallet you lost 20 percent you are an idiot... everyone knows that bitcoin is perfect and if you lose money with it its because you are a fucktard.

PSY suck a dick moron
MatthewDietrichRSA (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:33:34 PM

Hey brew ,I'm good I'm new to mining and I wanna know if I can buy with debit card.I'm 14 so I can't get a credit card
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:53:04 PM

PSY suck a dick moron

I prefer to lick pussy, bastard!

And the name is psy, no capital letters.

Now let's see what you said first:

And what you said later...
You got fucked by bitcoin it is your own fault!! you are an idiot if you lost money with scammy old bitcoin. You must be a moron if you lose money with a currency that changes value like a fart in the wind.
Whats that you say? you took payment for an item in bitcoin only to have it plunge in value two minutes after you got them.. you are a moron,
what? you say that in the time it took to confirm to your wallet you lost 20 percent you are an idiot... everyone knows that bitcoin is perfect and if you lose money with it its because you are a fucktard.

So, first it was people who bought in when Bitcoin was at 260, but when called out about it you talk about merchants and blah blah blah... Are you so desperate to "be right" that you can't even defend your first argument before coming with a new one?... Roll Eyes
It sure looks like the biggest jackass and fucktard here is YOU.
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 10:34:18 PM

... these to jackasses ... you are an idiot .
You must be a moron ... you are a moron, ... idiot... ...fucktard.
...moron
umadbro? put the flamethrower down kthxbye

The unstable fiat price of bitcoin is due to hedgefund brokers totally not 'getting it' and defaulting to flailmode. Ultimately a bitcoin is always worth more than any amount of fiat. If those folks want to pump capital into the btc community, that's neat, yo. You wouldnt catch me giving up BTC for $.
I think its the bank-smelling-like scummy faith in fiat folks' carried over sketchyass behavior patterns that make crypto seem so scary.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:35:52 PM

What people cannot understand they deny vehemently
Called Idiocy

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
hacko.bg

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:39:39 PM

Fear is driven from a lack of understanding and a deficiency of curiosity.
+1

It is in the nature of a human to deny everything new. Look back at history from ancient times, plenty of examples.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:51:57 PM

"Every fact of science was once Damned. Every invention was considered impossible. Every discovery was a nervous shock to some orthodoxy..."

"Novelty is always welcome but talking pictures are just a fad."
  - Irving Thalberg
currencycrypt

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:22:08 PM

Most anti-BTC people I've seen simply misunderstand it. There're definitely ways to make money off it, even if you don't treat it like a long term investment!
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:05:33 AM

PSY suck a dick moron

So, first it was people who bought in when Bitcoin was at 260, but when called out about it you talk about merchants and blah blah blah... Are you so desperate to "be right" that you can't even defend your first argument before coming with a new one?... Roll Eyes

PSY the point is that there are lots of reasons that make bitcoin scammy, whether it is buying in at  a "high" price, wild price fluctuations, the fact that every scammer on the internet is running game on the crypto currency community or the predatory lending that is going on with btc or the market manipulation from MT. Gox. If you dont know bitcoin is a scam you have your head in your ass.

raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:15:16 AM

PSY suck a dick moron

PSY the point is that there are lots of reasons that make bitcoin scammy, whether it is buying in at  a "high" price, wild price fluctuations, the fact that every scammer on the internet is running game on the crypto currency community or the predatory lending that is going on with btc or the market manipulation from MT. Gox. If you dont know bitcoin is a scam you have your head in your ass.

None of that makes Bitcoin itself a scam. Sure there are members of the community that have ill intentions, but that fault rests on them, not on the cryptocurrency that they're using. If you're careful, you won't get burned, it's as simple as that.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:29:48 AM

PSY suck a dick moron

If you're careful, you won't get burned, it's as simple as that.

Says who? bitcoin can go back to 20 tomorrow. Would that screw you out of money? Would you say fuck bitcoin. If I was holding coins I wouldnt be happy I might even say I had been scammed.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:33:18 AM

Bitcoin is a scam because it is shit as money. Btc incentives hoarding and price manipulation. When a coin comes out that ties the value to the market participation and incentives sharing and spending and new market participation bitcoin will die and take its place in history beside myspace and beanie babies.   
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: