Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MIST just doesnt sync completely!!!!  (Read 278 times)
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:32:58 PM

Im trying to get MIST to sync but looks like lot of issues with the software. I tried 2 different laptops and none can sync. Here are screenshots of what happens:

Gets stuck at this even though new blocks keep showing on command prompt window.

Sometimes shows this.

Any help will be appreciated......
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:56:17 PM

up
DevaVictrix

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:12:47 PM

I've had endless problems too. I found running Geth from the command prompt (don't worry about the --fast command if you already have stuff in your chaindata folder) got it to sync without crashing or stalling. It was painfully slow though and I had to leave it on permanently if I wanted quick access to my balance.

I gave up in the end and shifted it all somewhere else; less secure :-(
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:37:41 PM

I've had endless problems too. I found running Geth from the command prompt (don't worry about the --fast command if you already have stuff in your chaindata folder) got it to sync without crashing or stalling. It was painfully slow though and I had to leave it on permanently if I wanted quick access to my balance.

I gave up in the end and shifted it all somewhere else; less secure :-(

wow cant believe eth wallet sucks so bad....lots of people reporting this issue all over the net too. and same time shit coins have much much better and faster wallets!

anyways, im now stuck on downloading the last 100 blocks and the chain structure keeps going on and on......its at 16.2 million now with no end in sight! anyone know how big is the chain structure?
Shoxc

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:18:58 PM

Can't confirm those problems. I just synced compeltely...took me 3 days tho  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: