Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:49:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Wallet Anyone?  (Read 563 times)
Cheshyr (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:31:22 PM

Lotta AltCoins out there.  It would be interesting if someone could design a generalized wallet application to import and manage all the AltCoin wallets from a single interface.  Even if all the AltCoins die, this would be a useful functionality for Bitcoin/Litecoin.  Is this something that already exists?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:03:52 PM

i like the idea,

with all these coins my task  bar is all wallets.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Rave

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:09:13 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58821.msg693345#msg693345

Wanna spend some Bitcoins with a prepaid Master Card? All you need is a VirWox Account and a Skrill Master Card Wink
Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

i like the idea,

with all these coins my task  bar is all wallets.

I got a virtual machine per coin!  Computers resources are spread thin!  haha
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:42:39 AM

There are way too many altcoins out there and there isn't a single universal wallet tat stores all of them at the same time in the same wallet. If something like that were to be created, they would have to make it in a way that it is always evolving to accept new altcoins no matter what platform they are based on which means whoever created it will always be working on new updates and that is a lot of work

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:30:40 AM

Lotta AltCoins out there.  It would be interesting if someone could design a generalized wallet application to import and manage all the AltCoin wallets from a single interface.  Even if all the AltCoins die, this would be a useful functionality for Bitcoin/Litecoin.  Is this something that already exists?
There are already some wallets that allow you to hold some of the major coins but what you're asking is something that is incredibly difficult to do, each day new projects appear no one knows exactly the number of cryptocurrencies out there but we have thousands of them, it is impossible to create a wallet that is able to store all cryptocurrencies, and I really do not think that such a wallet is going to ever exist.
kostagr33k

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:22:59 AM

It's a good idea but I don't see much need for it. I think it's good when your altcoins are in different wallets. In my opinion, it is much safer
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:28:30 AM

There are several multicurrency wallets already exist. Exodus, Jaxx, Coinomi, Agama and hardware Trezor, Ledger. They have a limited count of coins, but the most needed are present in

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:33:41 AM

There are many wallet available which can support multiple coins but there is no wallet available which can support all the crypto currencies maybe you can use the exchanges wakket with 2FA to increase security of your wallet but still exchange is not a good plqce to store coins for longer time.But it will be good if we have some wallet to store all the coins.But it is impossible to store all of them at once each coin have different wallet address for sending amd receiving coins.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:45:53 AM

I am seeking the same answer.  I was wondering why there is no universal wallet.  It a such noucance to have all these wallets.  Im not to tech savvy but seems like it shouldnt be to hard to develop.   Is there a reason it hasnt been deveopled yet?  Do the different coins like erc20 and Nep 5 potentially cause problems if they are in same wallet/program?

You're best off using a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet for your ERC-20 and NEP-5 tokens

It'll also store Bitcoin of course plus a wide variety of other assets

4LDEverdragons

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:20:23 AM

It would be nice to have all your altcoins under one wallet but I think there's none of them yet aside from MEW or Metamask and others who could hold ERC20 tokens. It might be a lot of work to have all your coins under one wallet but I guess whoever creates such thing will surely have a huge support from the crypto community.
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:21:25 AM

Check out Ethos. They've been working on the universal wallet for some time now. It's in beta and a limited amount of pre-registered users are testing it. They claim to support most of the coins and all erc20 tokens.
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:28:02 PM

I do not have as many coins not erc 20, but everything else can be stored on the stock exchange. But if there were a lot of coins, such a purse might be useful if it were a cold one.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:44:48 PM

A lot of hardware wallets can store various altcoins, it isnt a perfect universal wallet, but it is close to me. You can have numerous altcoins in one place and manage them through dashboard
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

That is good idea but harder than you think to implement, there are some examples in which you can manage lots of coins like coinomi, but as I said, that is very hard to implement and might not be so good as you think.

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 01:00:08 PM

it will be very brilliant for such an innovation to come into existence but the point is that will be a bridge of gap that will break some degree of specialization and customization of the decentralized system which most blockchains or altcoin developers may not be too comfortable with. thanks

Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

Multy wallet security will he lower than single wallet. For now I pretend exchange site as multywallet because we can save many cryptocurrency there right? But some cryptocurrency also can be delisted. Most of ICO use erc20 eth token so MyEtherWallet is very usefull. I don't even think that there will be a wallet that can save all coin because all coin have their own blockchain and it will be bad if we always download block data for all coin that we even don't have one

jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:47:29 PM

Ethos is meant to be developing a universal wallet to solve this problem of holding multiple coin securely and the wallet is reportedly going to be available soon. Internal testing is going on its going to be huge as we don't have much of this facility at the moment.
Nakasoshi

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:49:00 PM

At the moment you can use myetherwallet to store all you erc2o token and for more coins i can suggest to try exodus wallet or maybe jaxx wallet they both allow tor store multiple coins

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: