Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:31:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The superiority of Bitcoin  (Read 1944 times)
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:26:36 AM

Hey folks! I just wonder, what is with Bitcoin that until now it is still in it's peak and still unbeatable. Has not any one ever invented a new/other currency that matches the value of bitcoin? And if there would be What should it take for a new currency for instance to match the value level of bitcoin? Has anyone here ever thought that a new currency more superior than bitcoin could come out one day and bitcoin value would decrease or fall?

Actually there are many coins who have more than the value of bitcoin. There are coins who have 3 btc in value or more but all of them are not solid and have started to crash. I remember yes coins, it has a huge value before but right now it fell to 1 satoshi. We have bitok coins who have 3 btc in value but right now its below 2k satoshi. Ethereum had set its value on 0.13 btc value but it fell down and has never increased back until now. Bitcoin cannot be beaten right now, it is very strong, as strong as a steel. There is no doubt that no coins can compete with bitcoin, I even remember zcash who have made a huge superhype and have sold their coin at 200 btc before it fell to 10 btc until it fell down. As such even very promising coins cannot compete with bitcoins. The coins to compete with bitcoin is not yet made.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
winderx

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:36:33 AM

Bitcon is superior in a couple of ways, just to name a few:

Merchants cannot charge extra fees on anything without being noticed. They must talk with the consumer before adding any charges.

And due to the fact that personal information is kept hidden from prying eyes, Bitcoin protects against identity theft.
BTCwoker

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:40:52 AM

There is a large number of Bitcoin users around the world. you accept it as a payment platform. and I think about cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is at the top of the list. a currency needs a lot of work and programming to assert itself. and bitcoin is the perfect example of it.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:57:23 PM

I sometimes wonder if Bitcoin is worth it just because it used to be. But I still believe that bitcoin is the most superior to the others.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:55:47 PM

Because bitcoin is the pioneer of cryptocurrencies, market value of any currency depends upon its usage in the market. At the beginning when there wasn't any other cryptocurrency, bitcoin was present and have users which kept on increasing with time.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:02:22 PM

Hey folks! I just wonder, what is with Bitcoin that until now it is still in it's peak and still unbeatable. Has not any one ever invented a new/other currency that matches the value of bitcoin? And if there would be What should it take for a new currency for instance to match the value level of bitcoin? Has anyone here ever thought that a new currency more superior than bitcoin could come out one day and bitcoin value would decrease or fall?
Bitcoin is superior in price only because its the first cryptocurrency that was created, so people trust it and invest in it more and thus it's more popular. Technology wise BTC is not superior, not anymore, ETH and several other coins have better technology but not enough popularity like BTC to succeed
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:27:58 PM

bitcoin is superior, considering the number of people that are using it and its value, all cryptocurrencies can also be converted to bitcoin making it more flexible and bitcoin as well can be exchange to fiat money. i think bitcoin is like the dollar, that everyone uses for exchange, however bitcoins online transactions are much faster than that of fiat,since there are a lot of parties that wants to get hold of your money, for bitcoin, its a party system, you give me bitcoin or i'll give you bitcoin, no need for other persons to be involved.
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:31:18 PM

There are other crypto currencies but bitcoin remains at the top simply because it was the first. So many people already started with bitcoin and they're continually using it. Plus the price of bitcoin is higher than the other currencies.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

I think ETH, LTC and DASH have great value and expected to be more valuable soon, but i believe Bitcoin will still as first crypto currency because its having till now the biggest community dealing with it, and also its price is rising fast.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 04:15:04 PM

There is an easy explanation why Bitcoin is still at the top

Obviously, Bitcoin is at the top not because of its technical superiority since there is none. Even Litecoin which for so many years had been no more than a Bitcoin copycat is now superior to Bitcoin on purely technical ground. Bitcoin is just good enough to enjoy being the first mover for so long. But it doesn't of course mean that it is set to remain the top currency for good. Its popularity and success basically comes down to two simple things. First, it shows more profitability over long terms in comparison with all other cryptocoins out there. And, second, even when it goes down, it doesn't go down as much as other coins. In a nutshell, if some coin is able to show higher profitability over longer terms, it will eventually replace Bitcoin

zekeshawn

Activity: 254

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:51:49 PM

Because if it wasn't because of bitcoin then all of these cryptocurrencies won't be around too. No one can surpass bitcoin's success even if there will be a good altcoin bitcoin will remain number one now and in the future.
smileee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:15:20 AM

The superiority of Bitcoin is the freedom to trade the world and privacy. Thanks to bitcoin, we do not need to pass bank when dealing.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:44:49 AM

You forgot that crypto-currencies didn't appear all at once. Bitcoin was the first in 2008 year and other crypto is a clear commercial project based on bitcoin with the main target to make it's creator rich. For example second currency that costs a lot is Etherum which appeared only in 2014 year.
Bitcoin's value is limited by 21 milions and day by day this number get shorter, because of many bitcoin stay forgotten and simply lost from different factors. People want to own bitcoin due to it's big price and the demand is growing like a crazy. I doubt that any other crypto will be able to reach such results soon and replace bitcoin but I don't want to refuse this idea totally.
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:51:56 AM

You forgot that crypto-currencies didn't appear all at once. Bitcoin was the first in 2008 year and other crypto is a clear commercial project based on bitcoin with the main target to make it's creator rich. For example second currency that costs a lot is Etherum which appeared only in 2014 year.
Bitcoin's value is limited by 21 milions and day by day this number get shorter, because of many bitcoin stay forgotten and simply lost from different factors. People want to own bitcoin due to it's big price and the demand is growing like a crazy. I doubt that any other crypto will be able to reach such results soon and replace bitcoin but I don't want to refuse this idea totally.
So, if in future have more people want buy Bitcoin, but the coin supply can't provide more than 1 billion user (example), need have an altcoin replace it, and in current we see Ethereum is best choice after Bitcoin
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:59:11 AM

I think one of the reasons why altcoins was created was because they wanted to copy the same idea they had with bitcoin and probably some are trying to see if their coin can overcome the power of bitcoin, I mean they were not created at the same time with bitcoin and as you can see up until now they are creating more new coins and tokens.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:32:35 AM

Bitcoin superiority will be proven once again after this drama is over. Because the price can really soar after Aug 1. It seems that people are really optimistic about it and I think this is the consensus here in our forum.

I think one of the reasons why altcoins was created was because they wanted to copy the same idea they had with bitcoin and probably some are trying to see if their coin can overcome the power of bitcoin, I mean they were not created at the same time with bitcoin and as you can see up until now they are creating more new coins and tokens.

The cycle is always like this not only in bitcoin but other industries as well. When your product in on top. Companies will always find a way to challenge and put you down. Just like bitcoin, altcoins put up a challenge but unfortunately, they will not succeed.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 08:42:56 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 12:09:27 PM by deisik

So, if in future have more people want buy Bitcoin, but the coin supply can't provide more than 1 billion user (example), need have an altcoin replace it, and in current we see Ethereum is best choice after Bitcoin

Ethereum is not even a currency in its own right

On the other hand, I basically agree that firmly capping the number of coins to enter circulation is not a good idea if we actually intend to use it as a means of payment (i.e. as a currency). It is now clear that the monetary supply (i.e. the amount of coins in active circulation) should be flexible and depend on the needs of the economy. That is, when the economy expands more coins are required. Conversely, if the economy shrinks, the monetary supply should deflate accordingly. No preset algo can do this automatically. Credit money shines in this department and has no rival (whether anyone likes it or not)

Blessed7

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:02:53 PM

Etherum, Litecoin are there but there's no beating Bitcoin. Its the original cryptocurrency afterall.
tulikak

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:05:03 PM

Bitcoin has the largest market cap and its going to be really really difficult for any cryptocurrency to become that big anytime soon.
Bhinodm

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:06:24 PM

Bitcoin is superior only because its the oldest. There are several promising altcoins which are growing. I personally am a fan of Ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: