Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P106-100 mining edition  (Read 949 times)
savon2k (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

giants may cry too

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:52:42 PM

What do you guys think of this nvidia cards with no video slot and etc? Everywhere I can ask people will just try to sell me it 😅 Honesty appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 11:30:09 PM

What do you guys think of this nvidia cards with no video slot and etc? Everywhere I can ask people will just try to sell me it 😅 Honesty appreciated

No resell, no hash rate improvement, 90 days warrantly, cost to much. Stay away from this GPU mining build for moment, at my point.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
savon2k (OP)

giants may cry too

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:49:13 PM

No resell, no hash rate improvement, 90 days warrantly, cost to much. Stay away from this GPU mining build for moment, at my point.

Thanks that's what I probably thought ,it's just a clocked 1060 as I understand it ..and a cost-hash rate is weak comparing to 480 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it will get harder to resell any card tho with market in future being flooded from hard core miners
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:47:43 AM

Your comment echos my thoughts on these so call "mining" cards as well. The two big negatives, only a 90-day warranty and the lack of a way to hook up a monitor (i.e. deter resale to gamer's), would necessitate a deep discount on these cards to make it worth while. So far, the cards do not seem to be much less, if at all, lower in price from their gaming versions.

If these cards were available 3 months ago and for ~20-25% less than the comparable gaming versions, it would have been the go-to card for mining. Unfortunately, it is too little to late for the introduction of these, which undoubtedly will be viewed by the executives of these companies as a failed product when in reality it was simply bad timing. Down-turns in mining due to excessive capacity (network hashrate) usually take a couple of years to clear out, so these will probably be too outdated by the time the next big mining wave hits again.
savon2k (OP)

giants may cry too

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:09:16 PM

Your comment echos my thoughts on these so call "mining" cards as well. The two big negatives, only a 90-day warranty and the lack of a way to hook up a monitor (i.e. deter resale to gamer's), would necessitate a deep discount on these cards to make it worth while. So far, the cards do not seem to be much less, if at all, lower in price from their gaming versions.

If these cards were available 3 months ago and for ~20-25% less than the comparable gaming versions, it would have been the go-to card for mining. Unfortunately, it is too little to late for the introduction of these, which undoubtedly will be viewed by the executives of these companies as a failed product when in reality it was simply bad timing. Down-turns in mining due to excessive capacity (network hashrate) usually take a couple of years to clear out, so these will probably be too outdated by the time the next big mining wave hits again.

Thanx for your reply's , hah maybe they just overclocked their 1060 card and didn't put a video slot on it ..probably piece of junk. So pretty much AMD 480 is still one of the best solutions ?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:05:22 AM

Try reading one of the OTHER 3 or 4 threads specifically about the P106-100.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
dadesu

Activity: 378
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:28:36 AM

I am not sure about p106-100 mining edition because price si very near regular 1060 with 6gb, but have very weak cooling, no display ports, too short
warranty...
I will rather go on regular cards.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███