Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Do You See 18/07/17 ?
A Buy
A Sell
Sit On The Fence, Don't Trust Indicators

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fear Of August 1st  (Read 4672 times)
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:38:35 AM

Fear smells just like money.  Wink
Cool! I will agree with you. August 1st is something that should be cherished rather than feared. I don’t know why people are too much afraid of this. August 1st is going to make bitcoins more important and valuable than ever. Bitcoins are definitely taking ride to moon in the coming months.
You are right, this will turn to a more formidable Bitcoin in the long run, though people can't help but panic at times like this because there is actually possibility of losing money or drop in value especially those not having very deep pockets.

August 1 didn't give too much impact on BItcoin Price which is in contrary to many users here speculation. Besides that, BTC price keeps strong and never out of range of 2600$ below.
BCH hype is just a joke. It's peak price last only for 1 day and many traders are loss much money because of hyping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:11:11 AM

Fear smells just like money.  Wink
Cool! I will agree with you. August 1st is something that should be cherished rather than feared. I don’t know why people are too much afraid of this. August 1st is going to make bitcoins more important and valuable than ever. Bitcoins are definitely taking ride to moon in the coming months.
You are right, this will turn to a more formidable Bitcoin in the long run, though people can't help but panic at times like this because there is actually possibility of losing money or drop in value especially those not having very deep pockets.

August 1 didn't give too much impact on BItcoin Price which is in contrary to many users here speculation. Besides that, BTC price keeps strong and never out of range of 2600$ below.

Yup, volatility was disappointing considering the August 1st predictions. However, I don't think we are out of the woods yet. I don't think the major fundamental threat was BIP148/BIP91 nor Bcash.

I think the major fundamental threat is the Segwit8x fork in November. That has the backing of many major Bitcoin companies, exchanges and miners. They have a lot of marketing power. So I think this could cause a real network split in November, which could have lasting implications. And this is also a reason for market uncertainty now.
pizamoi

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:13:25 AM

Yup, volatility was disappointing considering the August 1st predictions. However, I don't think we are out of the woods yet. I don't think the major fundamental threat was BIP148/BIP91 nor Bcash.

I think the major fundamental threat is the Segwit8x fork in November. That has the backing of many major Bitcoin companies, exchanges and miners. They have a lot of marketing power. So I think this could cause a real network split in November, which could have lasting implications. And this is also a reason for market uncertainty now.

Segwit8x? You mean Segwit2x right? As far as I understand the new york agreement has backing of 85% of the hash power so it should be stable and I don't think anyone wants further chain splits after bitcoin cash.
Victorycoin (OP)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:14:12 AM

Segwit8x? You mean Segwit2x right? As far as I understand the new york agreement has backing of 85% of the hash power so it should be stable and I don't think anyone wants further chain splits after bitcoin cash.
The absent of much volatility around August 1st as anticipated, I guess should not be interpreted as the storm being over! BIP91 presupposes a hard fork after 3 months and BIP148 still does not share that point of view. For now, there is relative stability in the network, let's savor it while it last and hope a consensus would be reached before the next crossroad.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:56:12 PM

BCH hype is just a joke. It's peak price last only for 1 day and many traders are loss much money because of hyping.
One of the reasons for that was that many of the reasons people had to fear August 1 were resolved before that, thanks to BIP 91 there was almost no risk of a split so everything went fine, the only problem was the announcement of a hard fork in the form of BCH, I think this has stopped bitcoin somewhat and that is why it has not skyrocket to 4000 dollars but as soon as BCH disappears I think we are going to see that price.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:20:41 AM

One of the reasons for that was that many of the reasons people had to fear August 1 were resolved before that, thanks to BIP 91 there was almost no risk of a split so everything went fine, the only problem was the announcement of a hard fork in the form of BCH, I think this has stopped bitcoin somewhat and that is why it has not skyrocket to 4000 dollars but as soon as BCH disappears I think we are going to see that price.

Bch or not, btc will get there. All the hype didn't really amount for anything as all of us now have realized, it didn't have that much effect. And i agree, the hardfork probably would be for the better of btc in the future. Nevermind what happens to bcc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:23:50 PM

Bch or not, btc will get there. All the hype didn't really amount for anything as all of us now have realized, it didn't have that much effect. And i agree, the hardfork probably would be for the better of btc in the future. Nevermind what happens to bcc.
It seems that your prediction was right, since bitcoin is about to touch the 4000 dollars per bitcoin but at the same time I think it is going to happen something similar to what happened when we touched 3000 everyone is targeting that price so as soon as we touch it many traders are going to begin to sell their bitcoin and we will see a correction in the price and we are going to remain there for some time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: