Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to poloniex  (Read 289 times)
Justaguy2 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:35:30 AM

Hey guys,

Basicly i want to "upload" my bitcoin wallet into poloniex so i can start buying altcoins. But weirdly enough i can not find out how to do this (i feel stupid enough so dont rub it in :p).

Is it wise to do this now sice it fairly up, or should i wait after the 1st?

Could anyone tell me how i do this?
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:24:04 AM

If you intend only to avoid or anticipate if a happened chain split, you better keep your bitcoin in bitcoin wallet and keep your private key well, that way your bitcoin will be safe because according to the information i get from some source like that step The safest.

But if you intend to convert it with altcoins, you'd better use bittrex. You can see for yourself the problem with poloniex in this forum, so many threads that discuss the problems in poloniex.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7045

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:33:47 PM

You can't "upload" your wallet to Poloniex. You will need to get a deposit address on the "Balances" page and deposit your coins there.

That's why you shouldnt use a exchange as your main wallet btw. They control your coins after you deposited them at the exchange.

Is it wise to do this now sice it fairly up, or should i wait after the 1st?

Could anyone tell me how i do this?
I recommend you to keep your coins in a wallet you control the private keys. Always be careful with exchanges and never use them as a wallet if that's what you are planning to do. I believe we won't be getting a chain split in August, but it's not 100% safe yet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Welshmaiden

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:24:48 PM

keep your coins in your own wallet dont send to poloniex. poloniex is causing a lot of people problems right now. support tickets being ignored. withdrawals not being sent out. people losing money because of them try bittrex. poloniex is not safe right now untill they get there act together. support is non existent. some peoples accounts are being frozen. a lot of people are in a big nightmare right now.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Which wallet you are using right now, you have to send bitcoin from that wallet to poloniex bitcoin deposit address. If you even don't know how to send bitcoin out of your bitcoin wallet than you have to go through any step by step guide that wallet provides.
Justaguy2 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:46:11 AM

Which wallet you are using right now, you have to send bitcoin from that wallet to poloniex bitcoin deposit address. If you even don't know how to send bitcoin out of your bitcoin wallet than you have to go through any step by step guide that wallet provides.

I did it by opening  an account at blockchain.info there i could import the wallet priv key and then transferred it to poloniex. Now i need to buy some alts and send them back to offline storage adress. Sure is timeconsuming!!
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:20:57 AM

I did it by opening  an account at blockchain.info there i could import the wallet priv key and then transferred it to poloniex. Now i need to buy some alts and send them back to offline storage adress. Sure is timeconsuming!!

Well... Poloniex isn't a wallet service but rather a exchange service so i'm not sure what made you think that it would be okay to upload your private keys directly on there. It's illogical for any exchange service to do that because you would have access to both your balance on the site and the actual private key to transfer out the bitcoin funds if you decided to cheat the system(and a lot of people would be itching to do this trust me).

I wouldn't actually use poloniex, honestly. Because it has a lot of problems regarding suspending accounts and not having a responsive enough support system to respond to tickets that people open up because they hit their account limit and want to verify their account or a withdrawal being stuck. Use bittrex/shapeshift instead. Plus in an event of a network split you could be only getting one coin instead of 2.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:35:33 AM

Maybe because poloniex feels like a wallet Smiley. As my first smartphone wallet became a bit buggy, I used poloniex as "multi wallet" for several months. But I also would not recommend to do so. Just deposit that amount from your secure wallet to poloniex, you want to exchange, lend or trade.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:09:04 PM

Since we are so close to AUG 1st you should keep yir coins in a wallet you fully control the keys.
The problem with polo is the insane BTC withdrawal conformation time. I´m waiting for my last withdrawal since friday morning... more than 2 days now. So when it comes nearer to Aug 1st everything will be slower and you can have problems

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████