Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:31:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any Scam coins?  (Read 695 times)
BitFarmer75 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:33:56 AM

Hi was wondering if there coins that are scams?
ticterine

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:55:20 AM

I don't know how many of these coins are scams vs. crypto just being dominated by a few big coins. Some of the alts probably have good ideas but there isn't enough capital in the space to support them as viable projects.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:22:05 AM

I found some coin that are called scam coin, found those source from this forum.
1) The billion coin (TBC)
2) sky way
sorry, i forgot most of the name , will update here when i remembered those.
amanojaku

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:51:10 AM

marijuana coin
one of scam coin i ever join
after gain lot of fund in the ICO
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:52:47 AM

Yes, there are literally dozens of thousands of them and many are being pumped every day.
Look for coins that offer nothing unique whatsoever/memecoins/coins whose dev team is nonexistent.
comp

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:28:04 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 09:57:22 AM by comp

Most  coins or ICO platforms (like waves or eth) are scams in the way that money needs to be fed to a system that does not create any value or solves any real usecase. So in that way it's a ponzi. It's nothing more than a transfer of money from the ppl who get in late to the people who came in earlier. The whole ICO thing is just a crowdfund based on empty promises using worthless and valueless tokens (in an unregulated environment). Aside of all the crap icoscams there are a lot of premined, instamine or dodgy forks that are nothing more than money generating tools for the devs (dash,chaincoin,dogecoin, onecoin, stellar lumens, zcash,nxt, syndicate, augur, eos, steem and what not more). Look at the Chaincoinpump...4 years of inactivity on github than just before the pump 4 or 5 changes on github. No code changes, just textual changes. Within 3 days the whole space starts making up stories about chaincoin being the next big thing, trying to lure other people into the pump....7 days later...forgotten...cycle repeats.

Do not forget the marketing machine behind coins and something like ethereum. Massive amounts of money thrown in to keep the "revolutionary blockchain smartcontract story" alive while on the other hand skilled technical people downplay the potential of the blockchain and warn for the hype that is created by the money sharks. This whole swindle is worse than the whole rotten culture that lead to the subprime crisis in 2008.

All house of cards exploiting FOMO dreams and greed

Look at this Tezos guy (231 million in ICO) not being able to define 1 viable real world usecase. Clear sign that the space is gone mad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gsY5wXj4Xm8

What is poisoning for the space is that everybody bought into the crap and becomes a coin evangelists. Even more so for all the people out here (you can recognize them with their own ICO adds in the signature) that spread messages to lure other people in. Multi level marketing....neighbours sell to neighbours until there is no neighbours left....leaving the first x rich and the last y crying. All repeating the same story to trigger the FOMO in people.

As a side effect shitloads of money gp to companies that will not deliver anything useful.

https://hackernoon.com/dear-sec-icos-tokens-are-killing-innovation-2f8d287f88c3

Chaincoin example
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5NTKh-MNH8

DASH example
https://youtu.be/VrKU0Ymta-U

WAVES example
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1sPozgmpA

And now....I'll wait for the FUD frame.
Lupin13

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:15:54 AM

Yes sir! There are alot actually and still counting.  I don't know each of them. But here are some: marijuana coin, sky way. Marijuana coin was just thought by my friend she already used to it before. This question will help others specially newbies.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:24:36 AM

There are tons of shitty scam coins which can be found on the market. Pump and dump coins are one of them. They become useless and completely valueless after existing for less than few days. You should better avoid them.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:35:16 AM

Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:38:00 AM

Most  coins or ICO platforms (like waves or eth) are scams in the way that money needs to be fed to a system that does not create any value or solves any real usecase. So in that way it's a ponzi. It's nothing more than a transfer of money from the ppl who get in late to the people who came in earlier. The whole ICO thing is just a crowdfund based on empty promises using worthless and valueless tokens (in an unregulated environment). Aside of all the crap icoscams there are a lot of premined, instamine or dodgy forks that are nothing more than money generating tools for the devs (dash,chaincoin,dogecoin, onecoin, stellar lumens, zcash,nxt, syndicate, augur, eos, steem and what not more). Look at the Chaincoinpump...4 years of inactivity on github than just before the pump 4 or 5 changes on github. No code changes, just textual changes. Within 3 days the whole space starts making up stories about chaincoin being the next big thing, trying to lure other people into the pump....7 days later...forgotten...cycle repeats.

Do not forget the marketing machine behind coins and something like ethereum. Massive amounts of money thrown in to keep the "revolutionary blockchain smartcontract story" alive while on the other hand skilled technical people downplay the potential of the blockchain and warn for the hype that is created by the money sharks. This whole swindle is worse than the whole rotten culture that lead to the subprime crisis in 2008.

All house of cards exploiting FOMO dreams and greed

Look at this Tezos guy (231 million in ICO) not being able to define 1 viable real world usecase. Clear sign that the space is gone mad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gsY5wXj4Xm8

What is poisoning for the space is that everybody bought into the crap and becomes a coin evangelists. Even more so for all the people out here (you can recognize them with their own ICO adds in the signature) that spread messages to lure other people in. Multi level marketing....neighbours sell to neighbours until there is no neighbours left....leaving the first x rich and the last y crying. All repeating the same story to trigger the FOMO in people.

As a side effect shitloads of money gp to companies that will not deliver anything useful.

https://hackernoon.com/dear-sec-icos-tokens-are-killing-innovation-2f8d287f88c3

Chaincoin example
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5NTKh-MNH8

DASH example
https://youtu.be/VrKU0Ymta-U

WAVES example
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1sPozgmpA

And now....I'll wait for the FUD frame.

Good points and exapmles you mentioned.
But that`s the reality of curent altcoin world and better use (to) it.
What`s the alternative?
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:41:03 AM

Nowadays it is very easy to create own coins in seconds. So, the better question would be, how to find serious coins. Bitcointalk is a good place to find those cryptocurrencies with huge projects behind the coins and a good prognosis for the future.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:43:56 AM

Yes sir! There are alot actually and still counting.  I don't know each of them. But here are some: marijuana coin, sky way. Marijuana coin was just thought by my friend she already used to it before. This question will help others specially newbies.

Daily many shit coins are launching in the exchanges with no innovation, after getting some money through ICO they are closing their doors without any update. It will take some time to find all those and I will update here for our reference.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:54:09 AM

Unfortunately, yes there are many scam coins as of today. That's one of the many downsides to having an open decentralized marketplace and open sourced codes. The very same system, founded on honesty and innovation, is bound to have it's negative drawbacks. The only error of course, is human error. Exploiting seems to be our human nature, intentionally, and unintentionally. They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions!  
     Overall, I think in the long run, many of these scams will fade into obscurity as more people become hip to the process in which the scams operate. Right now, we are in a digital gold rush. People are lunging at any coin, in hopes of it risng to the moon. It's the .com boom and bust all over again.
   Just be sure not educate yourself in order to reduce risk of being scammed yourself, as the scams are growing to become more consistent and complex.

Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:05:09 AM

Daily many shit coins are launching in the exchanges with no innovation, after getting some money through ICO they are closing their doors without any update. It will take some time to find all those and I will update here for our reference.
we'd love waiting your updates here dude
since there many new ico announcing every week, we still find it difficult where best to invest on it

I found some coin that are called scam coin, found those source from this forum.
1) The billion coin (TBC)
2) sky way
sorry, i forgot most of the name , will update here when i remembered those.
TBC is one example scamming exist, with many people has buying some coins at past, but its not worth at all.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:27:48 AM

There are too many scam coins other use crypto currency doing MLM system and other coin is manipulated the price by fake volume fake pump etc.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:47:46 AM

I know there is, but I do not know what exactly it is. When im joining in a campaign or bounty, I always look at the moderator if that one is reliable. Some of them are not shit coins scams are those one who are not noticeable not famous and have a suspicious project.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:59:37 AM

Of course there are coins that are scam, in fact, there are many out there to be considered as scam coins, and those that have been a scam long ago and cant be traded now are the ones that others often calls shitcoins. A good example of scam coin is thebillioncoin, since the dev promises that tbc's current price will go up everyday by up to 5%, but in reality the rise is centralized and is a ponzi scheme.
Calydon

Activity: 282

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:11:58 PM

WisdomCoin (WISC) is a perfect example.
KellyCoin

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:15:21 PM

Agreed many of the coins are just money grabs because its so easy these days to create a new coin and launch an ICO. You have to look at the real world usage of the project and not just some abstract idea to get investment dollars that will lead to nothing.

http://www.experiencegunbot.com - Automate Crypto Trading
electricretard

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:42:35 PM

90% of all of them. Welcome to crypto, enjoy your stay! That being said, you can still make pretty damn good profit trading horrible shitcoins. Legit projects take a long time to mature and become profitable and knowing people in crypto have about a 4 second attention span, coins that are awful garbage may be well suited for some. At your own risk of course, be careful.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: