Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:37:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ViaBTC releases BCC (Bitcoin Cash) trading  (Read 2416 times)
xm_xh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:29:20 AM

https://www.viabtc.com/convert/bcc
ViaBTC released a BCC/CNY trading pair today. See their statement:
Recently at “The Future of Bitcoin Conference 2017”, big block supporters presented a BitcoinABC solution ( bitcoinabc.org ) . We have since received many inquiries from miners and users, asking if we would be supporting BitcoinABC mining, especially from those with ViaBTC S9 cloud mining contracts, who are eager to support BitcoinABC with their mining hashrates.
1. We will designate the token “Bitcoin Cash”(BCC)to the possible split coin led by the activation of UAHF.
2. From 22nd July 2017 (UTC Time), ViaBTC exchange users can trade your “BTC” assets against 1:1 ratio into both “BCC” and “BTC_FROZEN2” assets. Namely, you can trade 1 “BTC” into 1 “BCC” token and 1 “BTC_FROZEN2” token, or vice versa. Deposit and withdrawal are not available for “BCC” and ”BTC_FROZEN2”.
3. On the same day, “BCC/CNY” trading pair will be released. BTC_FROZEN2 represents frozen BTC assets and is not available for trading.
4. After UAHF activates at 12:20 1st August 2017 (UTC time), all your “BTC_FROZEN2” asset will be redeemed back to your “BTC” asset and we will decide on the best timing to allow deposit and withdrawal for “BCC”.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:52:25 AM

it seems to me more like ViaBTC is advertising their cloudmining services and making money through it. and the way they are selling contracts and still have an extremely low share of the total hashrate without increasing it, i dare say it resembles the classical cloudmining Ponzi scheme.

and now with their personal Altcoin being released soon to sell to the gullible masses while abusing the brand name of bitcoin...

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:56:11 AM

Recently at “The Future of Bitcoin Conference 2017”, big block supporters presented a BitcoinABC solution ( bitcoinabc.org ) . We have since received many inquiries from miners and users, asking if we would be supporting BitcoinABC mining, especially from those with ViaBTC S9 cloud mining contracts, who are eager to support BitcoinABC with their mining hashrates.
1. We will designate the token “Bitcoin Cash”(BCC)to the possible split coin led by the activation of UAHF.
2. From 22nd July 2017 (UTC Time), ViaBTC exchange users can trade your “BTC” assets against 1:1 ratio into both “BCC” and “BTC_FROZEN2” assets. Namely, you can trade 1 “BTC” into 1 “BCC” token and 1 “BTC_FROZEN2” token, or vice versa. Deposit and withdrawal are not available for “BCC” and ”BTC_FROZEN2”.
3. On the same day, “BCC/CNY” trading pair will be released. BTC_FROZEN2 represents frozen BTC assets and is not available for trading.
4. After UAHF activates at 12:20 1st August 2017 (UTC time), all your “BTC_FROZEN2” asset will be redeemed back to your “BTC” asset and we will decide on the best timing to allow deposit and withdrawal for “BCC”.
as i seen they open for trading for waiting 1 august by activation of UAHF
and 'After UAHF activates at 12:20 1st August 2017 (UTC time), all your “BTC_FROZEN2” asset will be redeemed back to your “BTC” asset'
it seems to me more like ViaBTC is advertising their cloudmining services and making money through it. and the way they are selling contracts and still have an extremely low share of the total hashrate without increasing it, i dare say it resembles the classical cloudmining Ponzi scheme.

and now with their personal Altcoin being released soon to sell to the gullible masses while abusing the brand name of bitcoin...
i would agree, with some many issues, some people will take this opportunity to making profit. thats too shame.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:10:01 PM

i dare say it resembles the classical cloudmining Ponzi scheme.
It just doesn't.  It looks like one of the "less shit" cloud miners.
"Bitcoin fork" and "altcoin" are both fairly reasonable ways to describe it.  Bitcoin Cash isn't abusing Bitcoin's brand at all.

Bitcoin Cash presents themselves as a developed and improved version of Bitcoin.  Although I don't fully agree with their vision, I recognise that they are reasonable about what they call themselves in that they're not trying to be the "original" BTC.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:13:49 PM

BCC shitcoin will get dumped hard. I'll take the free money though  Wink

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:47:33 PM

Its a surprise from viabtc as they are a major player in the game. What surprises me more is, they have already announced a new coin even before the activation of UAHF really happened. What if there is no hard fork at all on August first?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:09:28 PM

Bitcoin Cash presents themselves as a developed and improved version of Bitcoin.
that means abusing bitcoin's name/brand or whatever!

Although I don't fully agree with their vision, I recognise that they are reasonable about what they call themselves in that they're not trying to be the "original" BTC.
this is another reason. it is not you alone who do not agree with their vision or actions even. and that means they are going against majority to force split bitcoin and that is abusing.

and by the way they do call themselves to be the original bitcoin. they use BCC but they claim (lie) to be Satoshi's vision, they claim to become bigger, and worst of all they have a scammer called Craig Wright in their team who stole Satoshi's identity with the biggest lie of all times.

..PROFITBOX..
    █████████████▀     ████
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:53:17 PM

Bitcoin Cash presents themselves as a developed and improved version of Bitcoin.
that means abusing bitcoin's name/brand or whatever!
No it doesn't.  Every single altcoin which is intended to be a currency presents themselves as an improved version of Bitcoin.  Does that mean that they're all abusing Bitcoin's brand?

Bitcoin Cash is a split of Bitcoin intended to have a larger block size.  They even have their announcement in the altcoin announcements section.  How are they being misleading about what they are?
Although I don't fully agree with their vision, I recognise that they are reasonable about what they call themselves in that they're not trying to be the "original" BTC.
this is another reason. it is not you alone who do not agree with their vision or actions even. and that means they are going against majority to force split bitcoin and that is abusing.
Was BIP 148 abuse too?  I honestly think you're letting your opinion get in the way of your judgement.

and by the way they do call themselves to be the original bitcoin. they use BCC but they claim (lie) to be Satoshi's vision
Satoshi's vision is subjective as he did not envision the existence of SegWit, nor does he seem to have anywhere where he considered those ideas.  Satoshi appeared to support larger blocks and also oppose multiple implementations, so his vision doesn't really cover anyone, but there's nothing wrong with showing that satoshi supported something that you're doing.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:28:50 PM

I think story of ETC will be repeated when bitcoin will split, BCC will be dumped while BTC price will go to new all time high just like how ETH successfully got pumped after hardfork.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:41:22 PM

Already bitfinex released some derived version of bitcoin for trading some 2 months back itself, now viaBTC is joining there. I believe there will be no chain split will occur and we do not need anymore derived versions of bitcoins as new altcoins. I just come about bitcoinabc, I guess I need to study on this so that may understand the importance of bitcoinabc and its need to have. Roughly I believe when there will be no threat of chain split, no need of derived versions imho.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:49:40 PM

Already bitfinex released some derived version of bitcoin for trading some 2 months back itself, now viaBTC is joining there. I believe there will be no chain split will occur and we do not need anymore derived versions of bitcoins as new altcoins. I just come about bitcoinabc, I guess I need to study on this so that may understand the importance of bitcoinabc and its need to have. Roughly I believe when there will be no threat of chain split, no need of derived versions imho.
Actually anybody can clone bitcoin and viabtc is doing same this time but rather than pre-mining that clone they will use old blockchain ledger but after 1st august any transaction on real BTC will not be valid or seen in this new clone. This is not truely hardfork and just a network split created by only few people which might not get any demand so I think price of BCC will quickly crash.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:10:11 PM

I just want to try and understand but these people are making things difficult even the SegWit that is still very much pronounced, I have not fully understand. There is news from a other quarter that there won't be any hard fork which to my understanding means there won't be any split and if that should happen, what is viabtc is now promoting? Or there is a split already? Anyone can provide answer.
dittie

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:31:40 PM

BCC shitcoin will get dumped hard. I'll take the free money though  Wink
I think story of ETC will be repeated when bitcoin will split, BCC will be dumped while BTC price will go to new all time high just like how ETH successfully got pumped after hardfork.

I expect a similar scenario. Still its bad for the BTC reputation in any case...
john yuan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:05:33 AM

Like a scam  Shocked
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:29:34 AM

Still its bad for the BTC reputation in any case...
I don't think so. At worst, it might result in a short term decline in price, but we shouldn't exaggerate the situation here.

BCC is and will remain an altcoin, nothing can change that. If you look at it from that point, services and exchanges are free to list it as such. On the other hand, I can also understand why they wouldn't list it.

In some cases an exchange or service will face moral problems supporting something like that. It nowadays mainly depends on how greedy they are in terms of generating trading fees.

The only correct way to respond to such actions is to convert the BCC coins to BTC in order to increase your holdings. But first, we need to see how things play out in order to make any further statements.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:45:15 PM

Isn't they are cloud mining services that are running recently in the market. I think he is mentioning it in the post itself. No body is going to trust this service as long as they don't put such conditions if holding others BTC into them until the august has passed. They will run away I'm sure, another scam site.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:09:02 PM

Isn't BCC abbr. already occupied? (BitConnect coin)

But why not to add some mess and confuse people little bit more   Grin

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

dittie

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:46:43 PM

Isn't BCC abbr. already occupied? (BitConnect coin)

But why not to add some mess and confuse people little bit more   Grin

Yes but on coinmarketcap they are still named "BCC".
talkbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:49:01 PM

No it doesn't.  Every single altcoin which is intended to be a currency presents themselves as an improved version of Bitcoin.  Does that mean that they're all abusing Bitcoin's brand?
in my opinion, YES.

Bitcoin Cash is a split of Bitcoin intended to have a larger block size.  They even have their announcement in the altcoin announcements section.  How are they being misleading about what they are?
agree or disagree, they are harming bitcoin with this. and they will hurt a lot of businesses that have been shaped around bitcoin. in short and long term.

Was BIP 148 abuse too?  I honestly think you're letting your opinion get in the way of your judgement.
it kind of was.
i personally see BIP148 and BCC as the same because they both have the same effect on bitcoin. (of course i am talking about BIP148 before miners started signaling 100% support for SegWit)

in my opinion both BIP148 and BCC are going against consensus by "forcing a split" while having little to no support. it doesn't matter of BIP148 was advertised more, it still had very little support from miners+nodes. SegWit2x with BIP91 saved us from its disaster.
and now we have another disaster called BCC!

i am against these things because a split will bring a lot of problems. and it can potentially harm bitcoin more than you can imagine. and the harm is not going to be only to price but to the most important factor of bitcoin: reliability!
you think Microsoft, Steam, Dell, and all the smaller businesses are going to put up with nonsense of split, replay attack, fork, orphaned blocks, delayed blocks for hours,... obviously not. they simply drop bitcoin and stay away from cryptocurrencies for good.

and by the way they do call themselves to be the original bitcoin. they use BCC but they claim (lie) to be Satoshi's vision
Satoshi's vision is subjective as he did not envision the existence of SegWit, nor does he seem to have anywhere where he considered those ideas.  Satoshi appeared to support larger blocks and also oppose multiple implementations, so his vision doesn't really cover anyone, but there's nothing wrong with showing that satoshi supported something that you're doing.
Satoshi's vision was to have a decentralized system that works based on consensus not based on what a small group of people want. and right now BCC (and since you mentioned it BIP148 was in a similar situation) have a very small group of supporters who can not accept the opinion of majority. and that's what bothers me.

..PROFITBOX..
    █████████████▀     ████
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6313

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:24:14 PM

Looks like bitcoin is starting to look life fiat more and more.
We have banks (online wallets), a central bank (the devs) , a banking cartel (miners) and now free money printed out of thin air.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████