Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:16:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dota 2 play for money  (Read 6436 times)
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:37:46 PM

Is Dota still on the main stage of esports ? It looks more and more with lol and the old players are long time go from Dota so it's a dying game just like CS:GO. All the atention is on PUBG right now , the next gen of FPS Survival. Also better play HOTS than dota .
That is a nonsense claim and no statistics is supporting it. Dota2 is still the one of the largest and favorited E-Sport. We can judge it by the total tournament prize pool and the active player.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:03:27 PM

The title of the post really caught my attention and its one of the few threads out there worth back reading. If I understood it correctly, it is similar to developing a Steam like platform but with a twist (where you can bet or wager, while playing). Unfortunately for me, this project was postponed. I thought that I will be having a chance of getting paid while playing games. Anyways, this is a great idea. I'm pretty sure, that majority of this community are gamers and they can pretty relate. I just hope that it reaches more people so it can still be pursued by next year.
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:56:31 PM

I am a Dota 2 player myself and I think this is a very great innovation in case this will materialize. Here in my country, there are so many Dota 2 players as well. But of course, we cannot be assured that everyone of them will engage in some kind of gambling while playing but the surest thing is that there will be a big portion of the players that will definitely bet. My understanding is that you will allow players themselves to bet on their games and not outsiders simply betting on existing games.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:38:27 AM

We'll just gonna play DotA 2 and we will get paid for it? What will be the way for us to get paid by just simply playing it? I can't understand your website https://cyber-lobby.com/ but base on what I can see, it's just like a sports betting website? I thought you're going to make a platform that everyone will get paid just for playing DotA 2 not for betting with these international teams or you'll create a platform that can be an escrow for online betting playing against other teams that will use your platform.
SmartW (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:06:19 AM

We'll just gonna play DotA 2 and we will get paid for it? What will be the way for us to get paid by just simply playing it? I can't understand your website https://cyber-lobby.com/ but base on what I can see, it's just like a sports betting website? I thought you're going to make a platform that everyone will get paid just for playing DotA 2 not for betting with these international teams or you'll create a platform that can be an escrow for online betting playing against other teams that will use your platform.

I want to make a platform where, every player can play, bet on his game, get paid for it. And also hold tournaments. Bets on well-known teams, I will remove from this application.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:47:15 AM

I want to make a platform where, every player can play, bet on his game, get paid for it. And also hold tournaments. Bets on well-known teams, I will remove from this application.

So you're talking about building a platform similar to MMbets and Kickback for CSGO, wherein you can bet on your own matchmaking game for skins/money? There will be a lot of difficulties to implement this as you will face a lot of hurdles. Firstly, there would be no sort of house edge and every game won by a player means a depleting bankroll for the site. Secondly, if a higher ranked player lets say of 5k MMR gets a 2k MMR smurf and is able to win all matches, the site would run bankrupt soon enough.

I would like to see your approach in addressing these issues.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:47:58 PM

I like the idea, will make the game more competitive and players will play more serious (as if they wouldnt already while playing dota2), and on the other hand they can earn some money while playing casually. However they could also loose their games and end up with less. How is this planned to be implemented? Will all players that are playing a round will be teaming up at the platform? Otherwise if you just use normal match making, its not that serious right? Hope you understand what I mean. 
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:20:11 PM

So you're talking about building a platform similar to MMbets and Kickback for CSGO, wherein you can bet on your own matchmaking game for skins/money? There will be a lot of difficulties to implement this as you will face a lot of hurdles. Firstly, there would be no sort of house edge and every game won by a player means a depleting bankroll for the site. Secondly, if a higher ranked player lets say of 5k MMR gets a 2k MMR smurf and is able to win all matches, the site would run bankrupt soon enough.

There would be still lots of thing to be adjusted and considered first before this platform would be able to be created.As you said this site would really be easily bankrupt if they would really cover the handicapped or they wouldnt tend to make it balanced. For now i dont see that this thing is possible by just playing dota 2 we would be able to get paid, we are not still on beta phase where it would need some beta testers.lol.
If you do like to earn money then better to start up on joining tournaments.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:23:47 PM

I see do you have any updates regarding on that feature? You got the interest of many DotA 2 players here, there will be people who will be meeting and starting to make teams from all over the world and will just compete to any team they want for different purposes, making money and becoming stronger. I think you don't have to remove that bet from well known teams, it will be just another section of your platform and the rest will remain for PvP/Team vs Team.
Lodi0808

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:11:07 AM

Sounds great. Please elaborate how your project works.
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:10:33 PM

Now it works like this, before the game you bet with a coefficient (it is set based on your statistics).

If I am understanding this right it is a method for betting on games, with level of payout based on your rank?

I really like this idea actually. It could be a plugin used in pregame lobbies of all types of games, allowing you to bet on the match beforehand. It sounds in a way like the betting system in GTA but with real money, and could add another level to the competitiveness of games.

tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:10:33 PM

Now it works like this, before the game you bet with a coefficient (it is set based on your statistics).

If I am understanding this right it is a method for betting on games, with level of payout based on your rank?

I really like this idea actually. It could be a plugin used in pregame lobbies of all types of games, allowing you to bet on the match beforehand. It sounds in a way like the betting system in GTA but with real money, and could add another level to the competitiveness of games.

SmartW (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:20:32 AM

Yeh this is will a web3js Decentralized eSports Platform Based on Smart Contracts. Method for betting on games, with level of payout based on your rank.

Cyberlobby will be the first decentralized app, built on top of Ethereum, that allows
eSports enthusiasts to compete in their favorite games through a decentralized,
automated platform and make money for that.
Through decentralization, participants are completely in control of their funds while using cyberlobby. The payments and payouts are made by the individual players and  little recourse for those affected. Smart contracts paired with a decentralized jury and witness system allow Cyberlobby to
operate in a unique way that has never existed before, and to be independent from
game API policy changes.

The co-factor of your score will depend on many factors, such as your rank, your game statistics in general, and the number of wins / lost games.
SmartW (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:50:56 AM

There would be still lots of thing to be adjusted and considered first before this platform would be able to be created.As you said this site would really be easily bankrupt if they would really cover the handicapped or they wouldnt tend to make it balanced. For now i dont see that this thing is possible by just playing dota 2 we would be able to get paid, we are not still on beta phase where it would need some beta testers.lol.
If you do like to earn money then better to start up on joining tournaments.

It is necessary to find the correct formula for calculating the coefficient. I do not want to make a website that will bring money. This is just for fun for all us
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:31:52 PM

Dota 2 already have the betting of in game items, This idea using crypto currency for betting is brilliant. Grin We all know that Dota 2 is very popular game if you know what i mean. Grin
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:58:35 PM

Dota 2 already have the betting of in game items, This idea using crypto currency for betting is brilliant. Grin We all know that Dota 2 is very popular game if you know what i mean. Grin
Some of the website that are related into betting any items from Steam is already out there and mostly who owns it are chinese people, although some of it are from western people too but most of it are from chinese people. It is a good idea to be using a cryptocurrency for betting any game in steam specially in DOTA 2, CS:GO, and PUBG, that was the most common games that are top in their website for betting.

DashS

Activity: 222

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:57:01 PM

a platform for playing DotA 2 for money, I have an idea how to make it more popular and thought out with the help of a blockchain.

What do you think of it?

Dota2 is already super popular. Maybe moving some items to blockchain from steam will be nice...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
us11csalyer

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:24:34 AM

if you want to succeed, you really need a better site. In addition to problems with design and image resolution, it is not fully translated into English

mysonkovbereslava

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:29:28 AM

if you want to succeed, you really need a better site. In addition to problems with design and image resolution, it is not fully translated into English

Yes, the site was originally in Russian, I think the developers are also from Russia. The site will not be remade for long if the project meets the approval of the public. The main thing is that the idea is not bad, I would be glad to participate in such a project.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:31:22 AM

Another thread that is not explained by details OP wants to know what we think but the question is a type of guessing game. Base on the statement above there is a language barrier, so how could someone support OP's Idea?

Since I am also a gamer I will support your Idea if you are going to clarify to us if it is legit or not and by that game maybe you should contact valve so there won't be any problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: