Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What was your INITIAL motivation to buying Bitcoin?  (Voting closed: July 29, 2017, 02:16:37 PM)
I wanted the government's hands off my money - 3 (5.8%)
I wanted nothing to do with banks - 3 (5.8%)
I just wanted to make money - 22 (42.3%)
Option 1&2 - 6 (11.5%)
All of the above - 8 (15.4%)
Other(Please state on the comments) - 10 (19.2%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your INITIAL motivation to buying Bitcoin  (Read 2613 times)
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:39:21 PM

A friend of mine actually introduced me to bitcoin but did not really tell me what it really was for, all she ever said was you got make money by just using the internet and claiming through faucets. So basically my initial motivation of buying bitcoin was for financial purposes because that was how it was introduced me right from the very start.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Selmor

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:41:23 PM

Ist was like "hmm interesting, take my money", i bought exactly 2 bitcoins for 200$. Now they are gone but splitted in over 40 altcoins.

williamuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:43:35 PM

I chose other. I bought some to have a stake in it and keep me interested.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:44:41 PM

Getting away from tax  ( goverment ) and make money for better future
Since bitcoin has big value so it's great option to invest especially when my currency keep weak over dollar recently

Smiley
Celebrity

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:45:26 PM

My most significant motivation when I first buy bitcoin was the ability to pay somebody living in another country. Swift and other bank wires are time wasting and expensive. Besides profit and financial things, the opportunity to break borders between people was the thing attracted me.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:49:37 PM

I am a 51 year old lady. My family suffered a lot in the economic crisis and we needed to reinvent ourselves or die. That's the simple truth. I didn't want to die and give into the Elites who just want to cull the world's population for their own benefit. I wanted to fight and survive for real freedom. My name means freedom in Greek and I wanted to fight for the future of my Son and his children and his children's children. I might not be alive to see it, but at least now I can die in peace, knowing that I tried and was a part of this disruptive revolution.  Smiley
On a micro economic level, I want to look after my Parents in their old age, get my Son married in a decent way, sort out my husband's and my health and one day grow a crypto resort..well that's a pipe dream but who knows lol.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:57:23 PM

there's an interesting story behind this issue, I was actually a completed graduate and enrolled with a master degree course at that time when I got involved in this platform. basically, i was facing a money crisis and I couldn't find any opportunity to be employed anywhere, in the meantime, one of my cousins asked me to invest here to meet up my monthly expenses... that was the starting for me...
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

To be frank i started purchasing bitcoin to spend some time online with some of the sites i was very much active during that time and to gamble a bit without that coming out in your bank receipt and then trading was my motivation after that.

I was convinced that bitcoin is the future of finance.
Which part convinced you that it is the future. Tongue

Fascinated by the technologoy and by the idea of owning money without relying on a bank.
But the fact is ,you still need the help of bank to send money to buy bitcoins.  Tongue

Buying drugs..
This is one field i never like to venture.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:27:46 PM

At first for me, I just wanted nothing to do with the banks with respect to my international transactions which was becoming hectic in my country. Bitcoin came in as a saviour and since then, transaction wasn't only easy to do but I now make some cash as well.
Gintama214

Activity: 462

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:29:16 PM

At the beginning I was really excited earning on Bitcoin, I can earn through different things and learn new things each day, mining, investing, joining campaign, and many others things. Before my initial motivation is really to earn coins so that I can buy things on bitcoin to upgrade my computer like buying, high spec. video card, fan, storage and, etc.  I was really into it to buy stuff with the coins that I earn but as the day goes buy and I learned how this bitcoin works I'm starting to have double thoughts on spending my coins or keeping the for the future, like investing and stuffs. It's really hard to decide what to do especially that you have learned a lot and many people says that bitcoin will be big in the future. You'll just need to save it until that time, but my other thought says that you need a bitter computer to be able to do so or if you want to mine and make new ways to earn coins. So its really hard to decide now for me but I hope soon I can figure this out.  Wink
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

I would like to find out what initially attracted community members to bitcoin.

Reality talk: It's about the price and not because of it's decentralized system or about easy way to send and received money. After all if we used exchanged service then all this decentralized thing in bitcoin is useless.

At least as far as I noticed here in our local community in social media, workplace, collegues and even in bitcointalk forum, most people entered cryptoworld because of profits will they earned for long term. Bitcoin being used as a currency is just a second factor to them.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:34:11 PM

For me,i want to make money and hide it in the form of bitcoin,not many around me know what is bitcoin
So,i just want to make myself rich without people knowing,and just appear as the usual boring guy in society
Olivious

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:35:38 PM

All of the above i just like how decentralized bitcoin is and how we can make money of it. My main motive is just to learn and earn bitcoins.
TechnoMusic

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:37:27 PM

My reason of buying bitcoin is because I wanted  to make money and  I wanted to make money without having a boss and also because I think that we can earn money faster with bitcoin then in real life.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:43:47 PM

I would like to find out what initially attracted community members to bitcoin.
Really it was all of the reasons you mentioned above, however they came after wanting to make money since that's the base drive for basically any person these days. Once I started to learn more about Bitcoin and everything it was able to do, I kept using it because there were enough reasons for me to invest a lot of time and energy into it. Nowadays it doesn't really have that much of an impact on what I do, but that's what I remember my initial reasoning being.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:45:07 PM

I felt the need to invest in something because my money is only losing value when it's laying around. You need to make it work for you and Bitcoin is great at it if not the best.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:30:55 PM

'All of the above" for me. Though my first day using bitcoin was to pay for a service, i dived further into Cryptocurrency world and Google always bring me here (Bitcointalk) whenever I searched for Bitcoin related stuff. I explored the forum, kept coming  and got hooked eventually.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:59:44 PM

I wanted to make money from Bitcoin from the start because the one that introduced me to it properly was already mining Altcoins and selling them for bitcoins and seeing the potential in buying and holding them down for price surges I thought I could do the save so I joined in order to make money without lifting a finger.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:21:16 PM

After what happened in Cyprus I wanted to have a currency my government can't take. I'm from the EU and back then the financial crisis was a hot topic. That scare pushed me to buy some coins, which happened to be one of the best moves in my life.

Buying drugs..
Wow, really? How did that go?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:01:36 PM

Making money, plain and simple.  I saw what happened in 2013 before Mt. Gox crashed and saw all the money other people were making.  Had doubts as to whether it was a legitimate thing or not, but I saw that the community was extremely strong and wasn't giving up on it even after Mt. Gox.

No drugs or illegal stuff for me, though I've been acutely aware of bitcoin's utility in the dark markets.  I suspect that a lot of people on this board had that sort of shenanigans as their motivation.  They just don't cop to it in public.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: