Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:36:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-13 BI: This Guy Is Selling His Book Exclusively Via Bitcoin  (Read 907 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:50:09 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 05:01:55 PM by n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Great news.  Author is well-known enterpreublogger James Altucher.

Even though the Bitcoin exclusivity ends in June, gotta love increasing the quantity of non-SilkRoad products only purchasable via Bitcoin, like this book and that Trump condo in NYC.  

Altucher and this article are very positive on Bitcoin, for all the right reasons:

http://www.businessinsider.com/james-altucher-choose-yourself-bitcoin-2013-5
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiko

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:37:18 PM

I know he is well read, so looked it up. He has 82,714 twitter followers (@jaltucher).
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:23:12 PM

Author made some great points. Thank you Business Insider for publishing that.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:25:35 PM

Sadly it seems to be one of those "self help" books which are mostly nonsense - I may be wrong about this particular author though, but the vast majority of these books are useless.

Still, awesome in itself.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:42:01 PM

Sadly it seems to be one of those "self help" books which are mostly nonsense - I may be wrong about this particular author though, but the vast majority of these books are useless.

Still, awesome in itself.

Gareth, I agree that 99.999% of self-help material and gurus are garbage...however to the extent that this one leads people to self-help guard their savings from debasement and confiscation via Bitcoin...it will be a notable exception to the rule.  I've heard a couple of podcast interviews with Altucher before, and my impression was that his advice had more to do with Randian working hard and taking advantage of opportunities as opposed to magic systems.  I don't follow Altucher or his blog so I could be wrong, but the fact that Bob Wenzel of EPJ seems to be a friend and fan of his, at least tells me that he's been seriously vetted and is not a scam artist.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:44:44 PM

You don't have to be a scam artist to write an ineffectual book about self-improvement.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:50:33 PM

You don't have to be a scam artist to write an ineffectual book about self-improvement.

Agreed but, again, to the extent that he introduces people to Bitcoin, he's not being ineffectual, quite the opposite, and I'm grateful to him, in spite of the fact that I have no interest in buying his book.

I don't like Justin Bieber (or for that matter Tony Robbins or Kiyosaki), but I'll be equally glad the day they come out  endorsing Bitcoin.  A true statement is a true statement, regardless of who says it, I don't care who the messenger is as long as the truth gets out there, we're gonna need all the help we can get when the powers that be start their Bitcoin demonization campaign in earnest.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:14:24 PM

haha.  i wasn't going to read this article b/c its sounded boring.

then i did and realized who that James Althucher is/was.  i remember him being trotted out on CNBS constantly in 2007-08 as a relentless stock bull.  he has this crazy, geeky, uberbullish way of talking that makes you want to throw up.

the fact that he is now a Bitcoin convert and acknowledges gov't/Fed manipulation of markets via money printing and advises against day trading is significant.  sounds like he had some rough times as a result of his perma-bullishness so maybe Bitcoin has shown him the light.

glad to know we have another convert.
tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:13:54 AM

Quote from: James Altucher
Whether or not Bitcoin is the "winner" it has several qualities that are going to be important for "Currency 2.0":

It is encrypted, making all transactions secure and private. A feature our banking system does not have.
No respect for Mr. James Altucher for spreading Bitcoin myths around. He probably has no clue at all that all Bitcoin transactions are in the open shared in a P2P network.
He probably also doesn't know that only Digital Signatures. If the interviewer asked what a digital signature is he probably would answer "Sorry? What is a digital signature?"

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:15:01 AM

Quote from: James Altucher
Whether or not Bitcoin is the "winner" it has several qualities that are going to be important for "Currency 2.0":

It is encrypted, making all transactions secure and private. A feature our banking system does not have.
No respect for Mr. James Altucher for spreading Bitcoin myths around. He probably has no clue at all that all Bitcoin transactions are in the open shared in a P2P network.
He probably also doesn't know that only Digital Signatures. If the interviewer asked what a digital signature is he probably would answer "Sorry? What is a digital signature?"

did you read the article?  he sounds pretty knowledgeable about Bitcoin.  he's even into Litecoin.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: