Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats next after BIP 91?  (Read 947 times)
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:39:24 PM

There's been a lot of fear creation about August 1st. The fact is that this is going to do nothing but improve Bitcoin. All it is is a bigger size and a little bit more security so that transactions get confirmed quicker which is something that's important if it's going to ever make it into the common Marketplace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

After reading about BIP 91 on coindesk, this obviously isn't a permanent solution for the possible fork in BTC. Does anyone know what will come after in the coming months?
The only thing that we do have to fear about this soft Fork, is the fact that it is now opening Bitcoin up to Future updates and changes. I could be wrong but I believe for Bitcoin itself this is the first major software change other than changes to the core software.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:52:09 PM

After reading about BIP 91 on coindesk, this obviously isn't a permanent solution for the possible fork in BTC. Does anyone know what will come after in the coming months?

Why live in future if you could do all possible things right today. It's not good to jump into another situation or think of "next what" situation right when you are in the middle of different problems. I mean come on logically you should be focusing on august thing and let the conclusion come out for the fork. The news will spread instantly for your question too.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:47:45 PM

There won't be any problems for August but the next step is going to be a hardfork to 2 MB blocks I think in November. This is where the real problems could start.

For now, we could just speculate about what will happen on August but miners seems enforcing BIP91 which likely lead to segwit activation. The maximum block size after hard fork is not 2Mb but it could be 8Mb, doesn't mean it will be good for us and I tend to not support it.
After BIP91 has been locked-in, to activate segwit2x requires 80% hash rate and the deadline on July 29. And fyi segwit2x is = segwit + hard fork to a larger block size. Segwit will be activated but hard fork won't be, I guess.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:06:09 PM

There won't be any problems for August but the next step is going to be a hardfork to 2 MB blocks I think in November. This is where the real problems could start.

For now, we could just speculate about what will happen on August but miners seems enforcing BIP91 which likely lead to segwit activation. The maximum block size after hard fork is not 2Mb but it could be 8Mb, doesn't mean it will be good for us and I tend to not support it.
After BIP91 has been locked-in, to activate segwit2x requires 80% hash rate and the deadline on July 29. And fyi segwit2x is = segwit + hard fork to a larger block size. Segwit will be activated but hard fork won't be, I guess.

The water is clear until around mid October. When October comes, it's time to start being wary again and keep your coins off exchanges pretty much until 2018... do not risk it, exit scams are all time highs when the big blockers FUD with a hardfork, so get your Bitcoin Core ready because it's the best way to keep in control of your coins.

It's sad to see but I think big blockers will ruin the uptrend once again when the segwit2x bullshit comes.

Bitcoin Cash will be a non event, no one cares.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:59:38 AM

I do not think it can be predicted what will happen after BIP 91. but I think it is a technical so that bitcoin kedepanya will be better again. I think all the improvements there will be risks in the face. But if this is so that there is no chain split I do not think this is a problem. Only this will create a panic for the investors. But I'm sure this is a requirement that must be done so kedo bitcoin can be better again. Indeed this is a rather complicated issue. But I think this technique needs to be done. Because the problem is. How to avoid divisiveness. I hope after this BIP 91 will get a bright signal.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:14:18 AM

all you need to do is hold ur BTC in cold storage and wait.
no one here knows exactly what will happen.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:29:23 AM

Why dont they just implement the hard fork already so that they wont be fear among investors again in November, August 1 has already caused enough problem among investors which drove the currency way down last weekend.

There was a hard fork already back in 2010, and look where we are now. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't do the same as we did then.
  BIP 91 is an extremely short-term solution. Increasing the block size only helps for so long, but eventually it will need to happen again, and again, etc.
  In any case, the price has risen back up now and seems to be stabilizing around $2,600. We might even see a real breakthrough of $3,000 as the previous one was too short-lived to really count. Not to mention it only crossed 3k on some exchanges, not all (like BTC-e).
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:47:34 AM

Why dont they just implement the hard fork already so that they wont be fear among investors again in November, August 1 has already caused enough problem among investors which drove the currency way down last weekend.

There was a hard fork already back in 2010, and look where we are now. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't do the same as we did then.
  BIP 91 is an extremely short-term solution. Increasing the block size only helps for so long, but eventually it will need to happen again, and again, etc.
  In any case, the price has risen back up now and seems to be stabilizing around $2,600. We might even see a real breakthrough of $3,000 as the previous one was too short-lived to really count. Not to mention it only crossed 3k on some exchanges, not all (like BTC-e).
So this has happened in 2010 then? and now it's happening again in the present time,do you mean? I did not know about this in previous year and this is so first year i know about hardfork and such,because i still new to know bitcoin. curious about the continuation after 1st August

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:00:50 AM

I will say no one is sire of what will happen next even the fork is not certain to happen although all body language are suggesting to that direction not to talk of what will happen after. I am sure that whatever will happen, its not going to be just one person that will be affected and the administrators of the forum as well as those who are in the know on how things work will guide everyone else accordingly.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:39:56 AM

Those are saying another wave for the bitcoin will come in september, i mean BIP148 and the possibility of the split for bitcoin in the future. A lot of people have discussed that at this time.
I think there is a possibility while we see another fork will come in the future.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:23:52 PM

There's been a lot of fear creation about August 1st. The fact is that this is going to do nothing but improve Bitcoin. All it is is a bigger size and a little bit more security so that transactions get confirmed quicker which is something that's important if it's going to ever make it into the common Marketplace

Bitcoin block size has been increased after this softfork but that is not the end. We shall be needing more increase in the blockchain maybe after some years or there could be another requirement. Bitcoin blockchain is a technology which will keep on changing with time as people needs more speed in tx confirmations and more new features. But for now, this increase in block size will increase confirmation time and also reduces fee and that is best for the bitcoins now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████