Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:42:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats next after BIP 91?  (Read 947 times)
ulysseso (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:49:56 PM

After reading about BIP 91 on coindesk, this obviously isn't a permanent solution for the possible fork in BTC. Does anyone know what will come after in the coming months?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:51:55 PM

After reading about BIP 91 on coindesk, this obviously isn't a permanent solution for the possible fork in BTC. Does anyone know what will come after in the coming months?

There won't be any problems for August but the next step is going to be a hardfork to 2 MB blocks I think in November. This is where the real problems could start.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

Everything about the proposed fork is bizarre.

No one that knows anything about it is saying anything as if they're all afraid to speak an opinion that might conflict with the pro fork narrative.

There's nothing but a massive dark cloud of silence hovering over everything.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:49:43 PM

It has been explained in this forum, after BIP91 has locked-in, it takes 2 weeks two activate it. But on August !st, BIP148 will be activated and it require over 51% hash rate to be lock-in. But, it seems that BIP148 is pointless because the miners enforcing BIP91 and they should be in order to avoid chain split. So, forget about BIP148.
Segwit2x includes BIP 91 to activate segwit also includes a hard fork that will happen 12960 blocks after segwit activates. segwit2x will push for hard fork to increase block size (2Mb-8Mb), We will know on November whether miners approve it or not.
More information ; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012799.340
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:59:07 PM

There won't be any problems for August but the next step is going to be a hardfork to 2 MB blocks I think in November. This is where the real problems could start.
Why dont they just implement the hard fork already so that they wont be fear among investors again in November, August 1 has already caused enough problem among investors which drove the currency way down last weekend.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:13:04 AM

No one exactly knows what will happen as it is unpredictable. But if everything went smoothly there won't be any problems. BIP 91 was designed specifically to make SegWit and BIP 148 compatible with each other, the goal is to prevent a chain split.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:49:27 AM

Why dont they just implement the hard fork already so that they wont be fear among investors again in November, August 1 has already caused enough problem among investors which drove the currency way down last weekend.

No need to worry about all these news and developments but should take those opportunities buy some more bitcoins. If you want to invest money for long term perspective then you should buy bitcoins in small quantities on every dip so that you can get a good average price. I'm very confident that Bitcoin prices will go very high by next year so not worried about these short term fluctuations.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:53:27 AM

It is like a timestamp that hardfork will happen after 3 months after the implementation of Segwit2x. Segwit2x needed 80% miners support. So, it was like giving a chance to other 20% for running Segwit node. If there will be resistance from some miners there would be two coin because of scheduled hardfork. One more reason being Segwit2x was proposed as a mid solution that doesn't leads to hardfork instantly. This is the reason why it is being implemented successfully.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:03:19 PM

No need to worry about all these news and developments but should take those opportunities buy some more bitcoins. If you want to invest money for long term perspective then you should buy bitcoins in small quantities on every dip so that you can get a good average price. I'm very confident that Bitcoin prices will go very high by next year so not worried about these short term fluctuations.

True. In the meantime I'll just hold on to the rest of the bitcoins I didn't sell a few days ago. I wonder if there'll be another plunge by November and how bad it would be. I think that would be a nice time to buy more bitcoins.

What is the time line for that mentioned hard fork? Ideally I'd like to buy well before the split so I can tuck in the bitcoins safely in a personal wallet.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Of course no one really knows what will happen after the BIP91. It had caused many people to panic and to sell their bitcoins because there are people who are saying that bitcoin would continue to dump. There are just speculations and rumors.

No one knows what will happen, what we have are only ideas. As for me, I will just wait until August 1 happen, I will observe what will happen and then that will be the time for me to decide. I have done the safety measures just to ensure that I would still have money left.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
makulo123

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:33:20 PM

Well, I did a mistake and I sold 90% of my Bitcoin reserve before the price skyrocketed to 2800 USD  Undecided But I am still hodling my ETH, some alts and 10% of my BTC. The split is not gonna occur as far as I am convinced and that is why no one should be scared...
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:28:29 PM

Well, I did a mistake and I sold 90% of my Bitcoin reserve before the price skyrocketed to 2800 USD  Undecided But I am still hodling my ETH, some alts and 10% of my BTC. The split is not gonna occur as far as I am convinced and that is why no one should be scared...
If so to speak, How come and go. Only I believe that I have saved, I will not only win in double but also in labor. All my bitcoins, ether and altcoin are on hold until this stir will not settle.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:56:21 AM

This whole thing is similar to watching a very suspenseful movie...though we paid for watching the said movie there is nothing we can do but just be passive watchers. Anyway, we just hope that before the year ends things can get better and people who are the decision makers will decide according to the best interest of Bitcoin and the many stakeholders.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:17:12 AM

We do really like on this way but we cant do anything since this is already been set and you are right August 1 event did really affect bitcoins environment which causes for its price to dip again but instead of worrying too much we should really see this as an opportunity than as a problem. If you are an active trader you will surely love these movements for sure.

Russelmain

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:44:43 AM

We do really like on this way but we cant do anything since this is already been set and you are right August 1 event did really affect bitcoins environment which causes for its price to dip again but instead of worrying too much we should really see this as an opportunity than as a problem. If you are an active trader you will surely love these movements for sure.
The fact is that this case may affect Bitcoin and in another way, has created exact copies of Bitcoin existing to date. So there can be two flows and how exactly to get out of this situation I do not know yet. How to recognize bought and how to delete it. But nevertheless, these are just conversations and I do not take them seriously seriously.
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:45:37 AM

Don't sadly with that, I think you decisive sell your Bitcoin when the price reach $2800 is very good, because although in August 1st not have HardFork with BIP148 or BIP141, but ViaBTC and Bitmain still want split Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin ABC, with this news can create some panic when nearest deathline Segwit and you can buying again Bitcoin with money you had earned when take profit at $2800
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:41:28 AM

So it means that there's a lot to watch then after BIP91 proposal, this year is giving us a lot headaches. We don't have choices but to rely on agreement between parties, bitcoin still have a lot of debate to encounter but as normal users we can't decide on our to stick or withdraw.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3167

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 06:05:17 AM

So, Bitcoin is decentralised currency, but who decide these things about BIP 91, Segwit etc..? At first glance, it looks like a few guys thinking "what's next"

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:17:32 AM

We should focus on how to develop crytocurrency and since we have little knowledge on the technical aspects of bitcoin is better some experts from this forum should explain to us what is next! Many speculation are flying in the air and some few explanations has been given but we need reliable information then.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:49:04 AM

well the goal is to activate segwit and have more room for transaction, either that or we will remain at current state, one of these things will happen

So, Bitcoin is decentralised currency, but who decide these things about BIP 91, Segwit etc..? At first glance, it looks like a few guys thinking "what's next"

it's actually the users that are enforcing this, so it's decentralized as it get, still you can't believe that every average joe have a possible voting on the upcoming chain split if will happen

miners rules the place, but full nodes have also their meaning
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: