Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could BTC dissapear ?  (Read 1243 times)
Drassler (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:39:39 PM

I see all these topics ( especially related to crypto-investment advices ) where someone asks " hey i have X ammount of fiat and i want to invest it in some shitcoins give me advice pl0x " and everyone is wisely advising "whatever you do invest in BTC also , BTC gonna be 10.000 in a couple of weeks, btc rulz " . Why ?

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion the blockchain is as revolutionary as the introduction of the world wide web, but as Bitcoin goes , besides being the first of it's kind(sort of) what's more to it ? There are other products that do it's job better, faster, safer and more private ( am i wrong ? Please correct me if i am )

Thank you
Arbitragecoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:40:32 PM

arbcoin is the future.
investinator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:43:35 PM

There are other coins that could do better and perhaps theoretically BTC can dissapear but it is both the first of its kind and the simplest crypto with a lot of hash power to protect it so I don't think its likely it will ever go away. It could however end up becoming a smaller coin than many others by marketcap, but that is a long time away if ever.
Drassler (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:46:13 PM

There are other coins that could do better and perhaps theoretically BTC can dissapear but it is both the first of its kind and the simplest crypto with a lot of hash power to protect it so I don't think its likely it will ever go away. It could however end up becoming a smaller coin than many others by marketcap, but that is a long time away if ever.

That is exactly what i was talking about, maybe i expressed mysef wrong . So the question would be " would you see Bitcoin dethroned and maybe dropping to a top 50 - 100 coin as time goes by and progress is made ? "
Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:01:40 AM

I see all these topics ( especially related to crypto-investment advices ) where someone asks " hey i have X ammount of fiat and i want to invest it in some shitcoins give me advice pl0x " and everyone is wisely advising "whatever you do invest in BTC also , BTC gonna be 10.000 in a couple of weeks, btc rulz " . Why ?

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion the blockchain is as revolutionary as the introduction of the world wide web, but as Bitcoin goes , besides being the first of it's kind(sort of) what's more to it ? There are other products that do it's job better, faster, safer and more private ( am i wrong ? Please correct me if i am )

Thank you

Btc already passed the border that makes it immortal forever, I'm not kidding by saying this. Bitcoin was a new era, after it, lots of new coins presented to the folks but none of them got popular as bitcoin. And none of them will be able to surpass.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:17:56 AM

That is exactly what i was talking about, maybe i expressed mysef wrong . So the question would be " would you see Bitcoin dethroned and maybe dropping to a top 50 - 100 coin as time goes by and progress is made ? "

Top 50 is very low for bitcoin. There is not much coins out there that could be a viable replacement for btc. The fact that it is being compared to gold and even usd says a lot. The people that actually has a say in his whole thing would not let btc go down that much.
coin_miner21

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:41:36 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 02:28:02 AM by coin_miner21

In the near future, we cannot see BTC disappearing. It's so popular that people cannot tolerate its dump. As for the long term prediction. Who knows, though we care. We are not able to predict our own, human being destinity, let alone a by-product of human society's evolution.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 776

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:16:36 AM

In the near future, we cannot see BTC disappearing. It's so popular that people cannot tolerate its dump.
People could possibly do that for which they do decide already to dump their bitcoin which would really make for bitcoin to disappear but i do strongly believe that this thing is somehow impossible to happen knowing that bitcoin do really have lots of users which is really superior on any altcoins in the market.They might using some alts but they wont really leave bitcoin behind for sure.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Miner4ever

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:34:19 AM

Bitcoin was good test of new tehnology, but in future will be replace with better product, not alfa test experiment...
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 08:07:52 AM

Not only bitcoin but everything will be disappear so don't be emotional about bitcoin.

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:59:20 AM

Try to find one coins here which chain is completely dead.. You will realize even those worthless and pointless coins which were produced on daily bases are still alive and can be traded on lonely exchanges..Don't expect this even if BTC becomes obsolete. More likely to happen 10k in the future!
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:35:26 AM

Bitcoin could not disappear since it proved itself but it is certain that many assets and coins will be disappear.
tittensor

Activity: 443

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:38:25 AM

You can see on cryptopia market or some exchange have trash coin still have altcoin "died", but it not like your mean is dissapear, just not have user use or trading, but the function sending in this coin still can use. With me not have define dissapear on crypto world, maybe we are forget it and it will become "invisible" in our eyes
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 776

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

Thank you
You cant blame on people here on advising to buy bitcoin all over again and again since we are on Bitcoin forum then mostly people do really prefer on selecting always bitcoin as an investment. Since we do know that bitcoin is father of all crypto and people do somehow have high trust already to bitcoin when it comes to its support and strength when it comes to issues that i faces which these things caught really the interest of many people.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kynaz

Activity: 1078

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:12:09 PM

You can see on cryptopia market or some exchange have trash coin still have altcoin "died", but it not like your mean is dissapear, just not have user use or trading, but the function sending in this coin still can use. With me not have define dissapear on crypto world, maybe we are forget it and it will become "invisible" in our eyes
cryptocurrency is a market that can not go away as it is using a lot of technology that can be applied in the future, although it has not yet been recognized but there are sure to be many banks that will use cryptocurrency technology especially blockchain . I think the disappearance of the cryptocurrency market is absolutely impossible

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
cryptor47

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:38:05 PM

IMHO BitCoin will not and can not go away for a long time.. it has a NAME, a BRAND..
When you try to introduce cryptocurrencies to someone that has never heard of them you won't be able to do it without someone mentioning bitcoin Smiley
Latnand

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:56:23 PM

In the near future, we cannot see BTC disappearing. It's so popular that people cannot tolerate its dump.

I saw bitcoin being dumped several times recently.
sibisi666

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:26:21 PM

Bitcoin is like one of the first  cryptocurrencies, everyone knows about it, and also , marketing is quite huge - the only thing what is drawback is old technology, and exchanges...
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:36:58 PM

Bitcoin is like one of the first  cryptocurrencies, everyone knows about it, and also , marketing is quite huge - the only thing what is drawback is old technology, and exchanges...

then it cant be disappear since its the first inside this currency so if ever bitcoin went down might be all the currency will fall along the way
bitcoin is really well popular nowadays so for me it will just keep improving and keep rising the value and never to disappear in the future
that's my own assessment.

dadesu

Activity: 378
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:04:23 PM

Yep, bitcoin could dissapera, but chances for that is very small.
I think that with new better tehnology bitcoin will be every day smoler and smoler and
one day will be to small to talk about it, just for history...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███