Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:43:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What time is Mtgox opening?  (Read 1977 times)
dennis_sweden (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:50:48 AM

Given that the time is almost 1 pm in Tokyo, and the latest message on support.mtgox still states that mtgox will open in Japan morningtime, it is a valid question to Mark Karpeles.

Can you update the information?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lonestranger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:57:01 AM

I think "open" means one can update one's account, not open for trading.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:59:07 AM

Given that the time is almost 1 pm in Tokyo, and the latest message on support.mtgox still states that mtgox will open in Japan morningtime, it is a valid question to Mark Karpeles.

Can you update the information?

Hi dennis_sweden,
Here are more valid questions to Mark Karpeles:

Does anyone have solid info on any one, or more, of these questions, please.

1) Is MtGox still solvent? and/or Have they claimed to have enough funds?
2) Are there any verifiable sources about their possible legal troubles in Japan?
3) The moment we pass the new verification stage, are we allowed to look at our account, or are there more delays at that stage?

FYI:
If the community is allowed to post ~80 new threads about MtGox then I am allowed to keep posting these questions, but how will I find time to read all the thread looking for answers?    Cheesy

ikonic

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:03:08 AM

It would also be great if we could cancel buy/sell orders also.

I imagine there will be a run on at the start, so prices might drop dramatically while those looking to liquidate sell.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:17:19 AM

It would also be great if we could cancel buy/sell orders also.

I imagine there will be a run on at the start, so prices might drop dramatically while those looking to liquidate sell.

Done, Already cancelled for everyone. Welcome to the forums, ikonic,

Hook^

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:21:39 AM

3) The moment we pass the new verification stage, are we allowed to look at our account, or are there more delays at that stage?

I don't think this matters, because they could say anything for your account balance.  The real test will be when everyone withdraws at once.  If they survive that, then they are still solvent and liquid.
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:34:37 AM

It's kind of disturbing that they aren't open yet -- it's like they're stalling for time or something.

Do they have the money to pay out when everyone logs in and tries to withdraw their funds/BTC?

A bit worrisome... I wish things were happening more on schedule...it would inspire a lot more confidence.
dennis_sweden (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:37:00 AM

I think "open" means one can update one's account, not open for trading.

I didn't actually notice the sign-in option on support.mtgox; I've been updating the page for 10 hours or so. Well, it's possible to login but not possible to see any account information.

1) Is MtGox still solvent? and/or Have they claimed to have enough funds?
2) Are there any verifiable sources about their possible legal troubles in Japan?

Very valid questions, although nr: 5 is confirmed as not possible. Particularly nr: 4; there cannot be any legal impediment to posting some kind of documentation relating to the police case - any document would be better than no document.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:37:57 AM

It's kind of disturbing that they aren't open yet -- it's like they're stalling for time or something.

Do they have the money to pay out when everyone logs in and tries to withdraw their funds/BTC?

A bit worrisome... I wish things were happening more on schedule...it would inspire a lot more confidence.

I turned from optimistic to highly concerned ~3 hours ago.

AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Me too.  I mean, there have been about 4 or 5 delays so far, and we're basically where we were on Sunday afternoon (in America). Mt. Gox is down; saying they're working on it, asking for patience. It's now the wee hours of Tuesday on the East Coast.

The only difference between now and then? Tradehill re-opened, and some trading is being done there. While it's good that SOME trading can continue, the fact is that many people have LOTS OF RESOURCES tied up at Mt. Gox, so the real action won't begin until A) they open and B) they resume trading.

The longer the exchange is down, the greater the loss of confidence and the greater the initial bloodbath -- and long-term damage to Mt. Gox and even Bitcoin -- will be.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:52:41 AM

I think they are working on upping their server side security and getting some sort of PCI or PSI compliance, so that might take some time before they open for trades.  watch last night's show on onlyonetv.com with MT interview for more info when it comes up i guess sometime later on in the day today
Kman54

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:53:00 AM

Me too.  I mean, there have been about 4 or 5 delays so far, and we're basically where we were on Sunday afternoon (in America). Mt. Gox is down; saying they're working on it, asking for patience. It's now the wee hours of Tuesday on the East Coast.

The only difference between now and then? Tradehill re-opened, and some trading is being done there. While it's good that SOME trading can continue, the fact is that many people have LOTS OF RESOURCES tied up at Mt. Gox, so the real action won't begin until A) they open and B) they resume trading.

The longer the exchange is down, the greater the loss of confidence and the greater the initial bloodbath -- and long-term damage to Mt. Gox and even Bitcoin -- will be.

X2 - If Mtgox wanted to inspire confidence then they should be upfront and communicate with the community. If they need more time, explain what the issue is and why more time is needed. People will be more reasonable if they are kept in the loop but once the public is shut out we can't help but assume the worst.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:57:43 AM

Less than 24 hours ago, I had no doubt they would re-open.
Hey LOOK!!!

A new API:
Changes to the API
https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20208658-changes-to-the-api

Since we will migrate to a new system, I'll announce a few changes to the API so people can be ready. It shouldn't cause any compatibility problem for most people.

It will be possible to issue API keys for your account, with limited or full access, and revoke those keys. You can however still use the API for full access with login and password
    Trade IDs will be much larger, and no longer in sequence. Old trades will keep their old IDs. New trades will have an ID which correspond to the trade execution time in microseconds, for example: 1308609708628581
    Order IDs will become UUIDs. Old orders will have an UUID assigned to them. An UUID is a 36 characters long string made of hexadecimal characters separated by a dash. Example: 1f0b3734-ddf3-47e8-badb-a85a700c61d9

It should also be noted that the way the whole system works will be a bit different. When an order is placed, it may have a delay before being executed, if the engine is busy. The trade will be put into queue. Additional API parameters will exist to allow trades to be non queued (return failure if engine is busy), have an expiration in queue, do not cause creation of an actual order after being executed if full execution was not possible, or have an expiration as an open order.

Other changes will also be made in the future, however they should be compatible with existing implementations.

Long Live MtGox!   Cheesy

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:13:06 AM

from https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20208066-huge-bitcoin-sell-off-due-to-a-compromised-account-rollback

"[Update - 5:00GMT]
We are still working to get the claim site up. People are probably getting tired of us pushing the time so we're just going to say it should be very soon. We'll update as soon as it's up.

Thank you for your continued patience."

i cant sleep till this is resolved.
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:16:54 AM

I turned from optimistic to highly concerned ~3 hours ago.

Same here. This is BS.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: