Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: According to you what will be the ripple value in one year ?  (Voting closed: May 23, 2013, 05:48:41 PM)
1$=1xrp cause ripple will be a revolution - 18 (31%)
1$=20-50xrp cause will be strongly rise - 8 (13.8%)
1$=50-100xrp   will stay relatively stable - 7 (12.1%)
1$=1000xrp or more - 11 (19%)
0$ cause ripple is a scam - 14 (24.1%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the ripple(XRP) value in one year ? GO VOTE NOW !  (Read 7234 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:48:41 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 09:47:25 PM by mah87

The value is actually 1$=100xrp what will it be in one year according to you ?

Vote and comment! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:53:37 PM

up up
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:04:44 PM

I have no $ value concept, mentally, of XRPs. I value them in Bitcoins, even if the Bitcoin price significantly changes. In fact, I value all alternate currencies or anything that I can trade for Bitcoins (easier than for dollars), in Bitcoins. I don't even know the value of XRPs in $ off the top of my head.

I could base it on my last trade though.
1BTC/8000XRP=0.000125BTC/XRP

So 1XRP=$0.014~ (assuming 115$/BTC)

Interesting.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:09:59 PM

I have no $ value concept, mentally, of XRPs. I value them in Bitcoins, even if the Bitcoin price significantly changes. In fact, I value all alternate currencies or anything that I can trade for Bitcoins (easier than for dollars), in Bitcoins. I don't even know the value of XRPs in $ off the top of my head.

Interesting.

Not the good way to think about it :p
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:24:44 PM

UP MORE VOTERS!
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:38:12 PM

up
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:46:08 PM

Interesting.

I agree. I match Ripples up to Bitcoin in value.  I'd put 1XRP to around $0.0121 or so (if BTC @ $115)  It will be interesting to see what the free world sees the value as.  It bills itself as currency neutral in relation to being able to use any fiat or digital currency with the Ripple network.  If Bitcoin is my "native" currency I'd value an XRP @ BTC0.000090909090909~  give or take a couple decimal points.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:00:36 PM

Interesting.

I agree. I match Ripples up to Bitcoin in value.  I'd put 1XRP to around $0.0121 or so (if BTC @ $115)  It will be interesting to see what the free world sees the value as.  It bills itself as currency neutral in relation to being able to use any fiat or digital currency with the Ripple network.  If Bitcoin is my "native" currency I'd value an XRP @ BTC0.000090909090909~  give or take a couple decimal points.

I don't think its value will be linked to bitcoin in the future you need to think about $ not BTC that's smarter
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:07:49 PM

Interesting.

I agree. I match Ripples up to Bitcoin in value.  I'd put 1XRP to around $0.0121 or so (if BTC @ $115)  It will be interesting to see what the free world sees the value as.  It bills itself as currency neutral in relation to being able to use any fiat or digital currency with the Ripple network.  If Bitcoin is my "native" currency I'd value an XRP @ BTC0.000090909090909~  give or take a couple decimal points.

1xrp=0.01$ is the actual price , I'm asking what in 1year!
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:16:55 PM

XRP's are going to plummet in value as the 50 billion in XRP's are released.  I'm speculating in excess of 100,000 XRP / 1BTC, as it was just a month or two ago. It will eventually pull back over time but to think it's even going to be triple digits / 1BTC just defies logic.  50 BILLION XRP's!!  

To put in perspective, only about 1 billion XRP's have been released so far.   Cool

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:23:24 PM

XRP's are going to plummet in value as the 50 billion in XRP's are released.  I'm speculating in excess of 100,000 XRP / 1BTC, as it was just a month or two ago. It will eventually pull back over time but to think it's even going to be triple digits / 1BTC just defies logic.  50 BILLION XRP's!!  

To put in perspective, only about 1 billion XRP's have been released so far.   Cool

I don't think 50billion will be released the first year. Even not the second year...
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:27:17 PM

I don't think 50billion will be released the first year. Even not the second year...
Then you're saying they are not coming out of beta for more than 2 years and the system will remain closed-source for more than 2 years?  If that's the case, Ripple will be dead and buried by then.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:29:16 PM

Then you're saying they are not coming out of beta for more than 2 years and the system will remain closed-source for more than 2 years?  If that's the case, Ripple will be dead and buried by then.

coin release is not related to open source side in any way
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:33:44 PM

XRP's are going to plummet in value as the 50 billion in XRP's are released.  I'm speculating in excess of 100,000 XRP / 1BTC, as it was just a month or two ago. It will eventually pull back over time but to think it's even going to be triple digits / 1BTC just defies logic.  50 BILLION XRP's!!  

Then you're saying they are not coming out of beta for more than 2 years and the system will remain closed-source for more than 2 years?  If that's the case, Ripple will be dead and buried by then.

Ok, we'll just see how much credibility they maintain while "open source" and still giving out XRP's at will.  I don't think that's going to fly...but that's why I said speculation and why I also will not pay these crazy prices.  I think it's a recipe for disaster.  They can basically sucker everyone in and then manipulate the market at will.  Remember, they get paid off the XRP's they keep for themselves, which in itself is fine.  But doing it the way you suggest is madness. But that's me.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:39:55 PM

XRP's are going to plummet in value as the 50 billion in XRP's are released.  I'm speculating in excess of 100,000 XRP / 1BTC, as it was just a month or two ago. It will eventually pull back over time but to think it's even going to be triple digits / 1BTC just defies logic.  50 BILLION XRP's!!  

Then you're saying they are not coming out of beta for more than 2 years and the system will remain closed-source for more than 2 years?  If that's the case, Ripple will be dead and buried by then.

Ok, we'll just see how much credibility they maintain while "open source" and still giving out XRP's at will.  I don't think that's going to fly...but that's why I said speculation and why I also will not pay these crazy prices.  I think it's a recipe for disaster.  They can basically sucker everyone in and then manipulate the market at will.  Remember, they get paid off the XRP's they keep for themselves, which in itself is fine.  But doing it the way you suggest is madness. But that's me.

Cause you didn't understand how ripple works.
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:42:03 PM

Since you offered nothing of substance, are you saying OpenCoin is not planning to make their money off the XRP's they plan to keep?

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:44:02 PM

Since you offered nothing of substance, are you saying OpenCoin is not planning to make their money off the XRP's they plan to keep?

Not in the first steps it would destroy there business, what their gonna do is spread and try to make it grows. Then they may sustain their company grows with a part of the ripple but I'm pretty sure they won't spend the ripple for themself. If the ultimate goal is being rich I don't think they'll do it this way.
jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:45:27 PM

Ripple will be 10-50 ripples per dollar in six months after the second giveaways.
1-10 ripples in one year or possibly higher than dollar.

Reasons:
1. Big Names Behind, Great PR, Great Devs
2. Built Exchanger/Trade
3. Easy to use for average people.
4. (not sure) Server Source Code will open source in October
5. Other Advance Features not seen in Bitcoin
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

Not in the first steps it would destroy there business, what their gonna do is spread and try to make it grows. Then they may sustain their company grows with a part of the ripple but I'm pretty sure they won't spend the ripple for themself. If the ultimate goal is being rich I don't think they'll do it this way.

I had a feeling you were the one that didn't understand OpenCoin.  The reality is OpenCoin's only way to profit, is off the XRP's they keep and that's totally fine. 50 billion for themselves.  Knowing that truth though, you can't have 49 Billion XRP's still available to giveaway, once out of beta.  They would crush the markets anytime the please by flooding the markets with XRP at will.  It won't work so these giveaways have to be in the system before they open source or there is no trust in the markets.    

I'm going to find the link to the interview with the CEO where he specifically states how they will profit off XRP's. One sec...

jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:56:15 PM

Opencoin best interest is to make ripple successful. Thats the only way they will profits. By flooding/shocking the market they are only losing their profits.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: