Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex, not accepting bitcoins...  (Read 2305 times)
pratikkumar411 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:24:03 AM

I had recently seen that bittrex is not accepting bitcoins, which means that i cant deposit nor withdraw. It says until BIP-91 is settled, the btc wallet will be disabled.

I would like to know till when this BIP-91 will be settled? and moreover segwit will happen from 1st august, so i wont be able to transfer from that time.
I have some bitcoins in coinsecure and i want to transfer them to bittrex and exchange them for some other currency...

Any suggestions on investing in other currencies on bittrex?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:26:31 AM

They are protecting their users coins in case the chain splits to prevent malicious transactions.

Shortly after the split, it should be clear what chain will lead and things should return to normal soon.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:28:06 AM

They are protecting their users coins in case the chain splits to prevent malicious transactions.

Shortly after the split, it should be clear what chain will lead and things should return to normal soon.
By me they took it too serious. Users can't handle their funds for 10 days? Or more?
They should be able to, after they click big button for example with "I UNDERSTAND RISKS INVOLVED".
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:37:14 AM

They said that they will handle the split if ever happened https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000761392 so can we trust them with this ?

Never thought they will lock BTC that early I still have some BTC in there but the promise of them handling the split on both chain "Quoting from there article" (  Bittrex will take all reasonable steps to ensure that customer funds can be preserved on both chains. ) make me not worry or should I ?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:40:47 AM

By me they took it too serious. Users can't handle their funds for 10 days? Or more?
They should be able to, after they click big button for example with "I UNDERSTAND RISKS INVOLVED".

It's a bit early indeed, I agree.

You can always trade it for an altcoin and withdraw that from bittrex.
CUNÉGONDE

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:43:34 AM

this may be deliberatelt getting a news for bittrex, 1 Aug is not the end of bitcoin, even if it would be accompanied by the up-down of price, but anyways, it's not the end.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:45:19 AM

They didn't cancel bitcoin on their platform, they're just taking these precautions to prevent their users from losing bitcoin while the BIP 91 gets implemented. It's just a precaution.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:59:28 AM

They didn't cancel bitcoin on their platform, they're just taking these precautions to prevent their users from losing bitcoin while the BIP 91 gets implemented. It's just a precaution.

Well Precaution is precaution, I think it is to protect the users from the impending event that will occur in August 1, and because of this there are many users that are trading and exchanging their bitcoins with other Altcoins just to make sure for the safety of their money, I think this is a slick move fro them because there are a possibility that it will be risky for users to make their bitcoin to just stay in their online wallet, I think that it is a best move regarding many that does not have a secure wallet for now.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3852

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:06:39 PM

You may be right. But they did this to simply make their jobs easier. Imagine all the possible complaints Bittrex users can make. I only wished they made an announcement maybe 2 days before they disabled deposits and withdrawals.

You can still trade btc for altcoins tho.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sandrun

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:18:09 PM

Seems a lot of anxiety due to segwit issues. Maybe all the wallet will plan to secure their coin coins from a problem that will occur on August 1 later. Maybe just can see what will happen later. And in this forum have warned about it. So we do what is needed. So that later we will not lose our bitcoin and coin coins

masterbt

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:21:27 PM

due to latest uncertain situation closing that early might help in long run.

||
My Idea Helped You, GIFT BTC
67bd67bd

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:22:42 PM

I hope this problem will be solved within first week of August 2017 After implementation of Fork
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:23:55 PM

They said that they will handle the split if ever happened https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000761392 so can we trust them with this ?

Never thought they will lock BTC that early I still have some BTC in there but the promise of them handling the split on both chain "Quoting from there article" (  Bittrex will take all reasonable steps to ensure that customer funds can be preserved on both chains. ) make me not worry or should I ?

It is just precautionary steps taken by bittrex. This is not just limited to bittrex actually the coinbase, zebpay, mycelium and many more of them have locked in the transactions. For some of them few days are still there to do the transaction but eventually they will close the portal too. This is just to ensure that any coins transacted by them do not end up in wrong chain and stuck forever. This would be their loss as well as customers might get frustrated and legal actions may arise. This is far stretched but it should be the scenario these guys are trying to avoid.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:30:29 PM

I think they just suspend the transaction with bitcoins. Is also for the safety of  its costumer because of this upcoming August 1 segwit activation. We understand that. I still have funds on their platform I am confident with bittrex. Nothing to worry about.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:37:12 PM

It is just precautionary steps taken by bittrex. This is not just limited to bittrex actually the coinbase, zebpay, mycelium and many more of them have locked in the transactions. For some of them few days are still there to do the transaction but eventually they will close the portal too. This is just to ensure that any coins transacted by them do not end up in wrong chain and stuck forever. This would be their loss as well as customers might get frustrated and legal actions may arise. This is far stretched but it should be the scenario these guys are trying to avoid.
They would really do such thing since they would really not like to lose up users from their site as you said if they lose amounts then the site will be blamed and would eventually lose its users too in the same time which is really a loss for them. Its just right to have these precautionary on their service so that users would really be warned or be awared on whats happening. For now we should not really be impatient. Just wait for the service to get back.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:38:15 PM

huh, didn't see that one coming this soon. thanks for the heads up...
it seems like it is the BIP91 locked in as others also said. there is also a warning by theymos on top of the site as the "news" part.
services seem to be wanting to prevent any chances of double spends and all the headaches of that since they are receiving a lot of transactions, their support ticket will be full!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:44:42 PM

This is because they need to ensure their customers their coins are safe. You should really wait till things have settelt before you transfer coins. Otherwise you risk loosing your coins

[could be your ad]
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:46:01 PM

I had recently seen that bittrex is not accepting bitcoins, which means that i cant deposit nor withdraw. It says until BIP-91 is settled, the btc wallet will be disabled.

I would like to know till when this BIP-91 will be settled? and moreover segwit will happen from 1st august, so i wont be able to transfer from that time.
I have some bitcoins in coinsecure and i want to transfer them to bittrex and exchange them for some other currency...

In as much as they are right to suspend activities, but I still feel enough notice should have been given to people especially those who patronise them the date they will make such decision so everyone will plan along that direction without having to be caught unaware as we have in this case. This is just another reason why leaving much funds in exchange site as they cannot be trusted not only to scam but for decision like this. So, we have to wait till the time we don't know before one can have access to his funds.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:51:23 PM

Hold on to it for a while. Do not worry about it. Just follow the instructions. It is not just bittrex who is implementing that one. Everywhere, it is not advisable to transact with bitcoins. Buying, transferring, trading, selling, and so involving bitcoin should be avoided.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
YOYOY

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:53:22 PM

Yes it is ensure for their consumer and also to avoid some malicious transactions for the incoming Segwit these 1st day of August. Maybe try some Ethereum I am sure it will be the alternative for the investors of bittrex right now since they don't accept some bitcoins this time around. Ethereum are also good right now it increase it price right now. It will be until August 3 that they won't accept any transactions of bitcoins to their wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: