Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex, not accepting bitcoins...  (Read 2299 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:06:53 PM

I did not expect them to close the deposit and withdrawal option with the activation of BIP 91,but you cannot complain them for opting for the best option for the customers,if there is a split in the network they do not want any complication ,so expect these kind of things till everything is settled which means a couple of weeks rest from trading. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 01:10:01 PM

Things will be clear once BIP 141 is locked in. But the problem is that it will take at least two weeks more for the BIP 141 to lock in. Unlike BIP 91, the BIP 141 requires a 95% majority in a group of 2,016 bocks. It is not going to lock in during the current signaling period, and therefore we may need to wait until the next one, which may start after 3-4 days.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:17:34 PM

I had recently seen that bittrex is not accepting bitcoins, which means that i cant deposit nor withdraw. It says until BIP-91 is settled, the btc wallet will be disabled.

I would like to know till when this BIP-91 will be settled? and moreover segwit will happen from 1st august, so i wont be able to transfer from that time.
I have some bitcoins in coinsecure and i want to transfer them to bittrex and exchange them for some other currency...

Any suggestions on investing in other currencies on bittrex?

Do you read the news? According to a recent announcement, bittrex is ready to accept bitcoin in all cases, which means that if the bitcoin is split, you will get it all, you will not lose anything.
EthBooksPro

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 01:28:20 PM

I think it's a bit early though prevention is better than cure. Bittrex users should also have been notified early enough. Theymos' recent update of "requiring 5 times more confirmations than usual before trusting transactions" could also be an indication that anything can happen between now and Aug 1st.

orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:24:16 PM

I had recently seen that bittrex is not accepting bitcoins, which means that i cant deposit nor withdraw. It says until BIP-91 is settled, the btc wallet will be disabled.

I would like to know till when this BIP-91 will be settled? and moreover segwit will happen from 1st august, so i wont be able to transfer from that time.
I have some bitcoins in coinsecure and i want to transfer them to bittrex and exchange them for some other currency...

You should check again, bittrex is stopping every bitcoin transaction until the hardfork finishes, they have officially accepted the bitcoin, if bitcoin is split, you will get both. This is a very risky decision from the leader of bittrex.
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:28:10 PM

I think it is because of the early precautions when bitcoin will split. They have already posted and warned traders or most trading sites and exchanges have posted that they will disable their withdrawal and incoming bitcoin transaction because of the coming hardfork. Even some local exchanges have given early warnings that they will disable it a week before August 1.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:31:02 PM

i think the move of bittrex is acceptable. to cater its users long-term, this move will protect its users from any bitcoin uncertainties during the august 1 event. i think this is a professional way to handle its clients to serve them more and not destroy their reputation in coin exchange industry.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:05:48 PM

I think the are protecting the bitcoins for the upgrade.  We all know that a huge upgrade of bitcoin is coming.  So we should wait and see what happens.
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:35:01 PM

Seems a lot of anxiety due to segwit issues. Maybe all the wallet will plan to secure their coin coins from a problem that will occur on August 1 later. Maybe just can see what will happen later. And in this forum have warned about it. So we do what is needed. So that later we will not lose our bitcoin and coin coins

We're all stressed out and angry for this segwit thing. It caused dump on altcoins and we lost too much bitcoin. Plus BIP91 caused delays in bitcoin transactions and bittrex also locked our bitcoins there. We have enough reason to get mad. Just waiting to see everything is finished with bitcoin upgrade.
Despacito

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:40:16 PM

Seems a lot of anxiety due to segwit issues. Maybe all the wallet will plan to secure their coin coins from a problem that will occur on August 1 later. Maybe just can see what will happen later. And in this forum have warned about it. So we do what is needed. So that later we will not lose our bitcoin and coin coins

We're all stressed out and angry for this segwit thing. It caused dump on altcoins and we lost too much bitcoin. Plus BIP91 caused delays in bitcoin transactions and bittrex also locked our bitcoins there. We have enough reason to get mad. Just waiting to see everything is finished with bitcoin upgrade.
silfverbielke

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:43:52 PM

What happens to a deposit if you made a deposit after Bittrex had closed and locked down its Bitcoin wallet? Undecided
When will it arrive? Can it be reversed? Huh
Wanted to trade some altcoins but now I'm not even sure where my transaction will end up?

Created a support ticket on Bittrex support page and waiting for a reply...

Asking for a friend Roll Eyes
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

Oh I also have some bitcoin there so it was also locked there than but its ok for me because I don't want to get any shitcoins when network will split on 1st august. But they have done this quite early, most of the other platforms will disable it only around 30 to 31st july.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:05:25 PM

Things will be clear once BIP 141 is locked in. But the problem is that it will take at least two weeks more for the BIP 141 to lock in. Unlike BIP 91, the BIP 141 requires a 95% majority in a group of 2,016 bocks. It is not going to lock in during the current signaling period, and therefore we may need to wait until the next one, which may start after 3-4 days.

Just a confusion here. IF BIP91 is activated why shall we wait for BIP 141 also? Is it also necessary for both BIP91 and BIP141 to be activated for a softfork ? I am not so good at technical things but i hope someone clears this confusion .
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:06:16 PM

You may be right. But they did this to simply make their jobs easier. Imagine all the possible complaints Bittrex users can make. I only wished they made an announcement maybe 2 days before they disabled deposits and withdrawals.

You can still trade btc for altcoins tho.
BIP91 also kinda unexpected to start it early and you can't blame someone for this event. Though, it has been informed to you in this forum to store your bitcoin if you need it to different wallet which you can access the private key to avoid this thing,

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:16:02 PM

This is just part of being proactive on the part of Bittrex so they can protect our Bitcoin while there would be changes on the Bitcoin network. I agree that it has come early but I think there is something that will be done either today or tomorrow. This is something we can all understand.
kelceyott

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:19:00 PM

No, they have accepted bitcoin, which is of course when they announce it. I think you got confused, check back.

CrypticGambit

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:18:01 PM

Yes it is kinda sad they shouldnt block

charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:25:10 PM

So much misunderstanding by everyone here... Instead of looking to the forums just look at bittrex own announcement from twitter:

"BTC and Bitcoin asset wallets now back on.  Confirmations are temporarily set to 6.  BIP-91"

In other words this was a temporary measure to protect users and themselves and it only lasted for a few hours.
tal3sfromthecrypt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:34:19 PM

For some anecdotal evidence, I just sent some BTC to Bittrex. It is working fine, but 6 confirmations are needed.
Anno MMXVI

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:42:00 PM

I think these are great decisions, because at least we will not end up with an host of unhappy noobs that are either not at all cautious or simply stupid and that will shout on their roof that Bitcoin is a scam while in fact they just do not merit to own bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: