Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:04:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex verification my account is locked. Now found my coins have been stolen.  (Read 1243 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:44:14 AM

I feel for you.  I made a btc withdrawal to coinbase on the 22nd and they immediately put me in the "awaiting approval" line.  It's the biggest withdrawl I've ever requested, though not much by normal people's standards, and well below my tier 1 status, which I never felt the need to change.  I've sent them a picture of myself with the newspaper and my driver's license so they can see it's really me, but I have yet to hear from them. 

58 hours and counting

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully withdrawn lately, especially after being flagged?  Thanks!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:39:32 AM

You're still waiting Tante??  Bloody hell  Angry
thewealthunit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:26:36 PM

I feel for you.  I made a btc withdrawal to coinbase on the 22nd and they immediately put me in the "awaiting approval" line.  It's the biggest withdrawl I've ever requested, though not much by normal people's standards, and well below my tier 1 status, which I never felt the need to change.  I've sent them a picture of myself with the newspaper and my driver's license so they can see it's really me, but I have yet to hear from them. 

58 hours and counting

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully withdrawn lately, especially after being flagged?  Thanks!

exit scam
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:11:58 PM

Yah, still waiting this morning too. Sad 

If it's an exit scam,  then I have absolutely nothing but bad luck, and fate has it out for me.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:21:25 AM

I maybe should have advised you to freeze your account, because I had a suspicion you'd been hacked. Sad

No email verification message to alert me of a withdrawal.

With 2FA enabled, you can disable email verification for withdrawals. You should have received emails confirming this behaviour however. Most probably the attacker has simply deleted all incriminating communications from your email. He most likely knows your password, so you want to change that to something secure and unguessable asap. Also, make sure to use a reputable email service like gmail, not any small-time operation.
Welshmaiden (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:17:26 AM

I maybe should have advised you to freeze your account, because I had a suspicion you'd been hacked. Sad

No email verification message to alert me of a withdrawal.

With 2FA enabled, you can disable email verification for withdrawals. You should have received emails confirming this behaviour however. Most probably the attacker has simply deleted all incriminating communications from your email. He most likely knows your password, so you want to change that to something secure and unguessable asap. Also, make sure to use a reputable email service like gmail, not any small-time operation.

hi yefi. even if i had frozen my account at the point i spoke to you. it wouldnt have made any difference.but thank you for your help a few days ago.  the money had already been taken at that point. i spoke to you the day after the money was stolen. its just sickening that someone can just steal your coins so easily. but one things for sure now that i know about 2fa i will make absolutely sure that any future coins are as secure as possible. i had only been on poloniex about three days at that point. had never heard of 2fa as i had never before had any need to use it. when i tried to sign in with my mobile phone after the battery had died on my ipad. that was when i had a problem getting back in. i just assumed that i had not recieved a text that polo had sent to my mobile phone. thats what i initially thought 2fa was. as previously with coinbase they would have sent a text.
i did run a virus scan on both my phone and my ipad. and no viruses where found on either device.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: