Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Day 3 Ignored by the Mods and Now in Forbes Magazine) Free Bitcoin Course  (Read 756 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:54:36 PM

https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

Forever free and built by this community

Forbes Ref

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2013/05/13/6-new-bitcoin-educational-resources/

Please request this thread be made permanent.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Craynon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:56:29 PM

I'm proud to be a part of the Bitcoin community and I'm relatively new!
I don't think cryptocurrencies will replace fiat, but I can't imagine they'll disappear now.
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:58:41 PM

I'm proud to be working with this community's best and brightest. It's an honor to work with such talent and passion. And I'd like to thank every newbie in this forum. You are the lifeblood of Bitcoin.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:59:06 PM

Of course Matonis again. I can't wait until they kick his blog off Forbes.
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:03:43 PM

Of course Matonis again. I can't wait until they kick his blog off Forbes.

Some sour grapes? No worries Reason mag and Wired are next, but I'm certain you can find something to hate there too Smiley. Could someone please give me a reason why this thread is not permanent? It links to a free course under a creative commons license built by many members of this community. It is designed to be a graceful introduction that removes many of the barriers to entry and makes bitcoin relatable to people's daily lives. Isn't this the purpose of the newbie forum?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:08:14 PM

Matonis (who also worked with my Bitcoin magazine) is a good writer with a strong history in the business. He enjoys contributing to just about anything that he can. That does not however mean that one of his pieces on Forbes.com's website "is in Forbes magazine". The misleading title, the demands to appreciate and sticky your threads just because you wrote them..

Congrats. Your ego is second only to Atlas on these forums now.

(Pro-tip: that's not a compliment; Atlas is a misguided, annoying, entitled snot who thinks his opinions are worth more than anyone else's)

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:15:37 PM

Matt, we are at 1100 subscribers now. And I like the new gif.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:16:57 PM

Matt, we are at 1100 subscribers now.

And?

You're super excited, I get that. If you want a thread to be stickied, why don't you create a thread outlining each course/video so that people can actually use it without leaving these forums. Anything else is spam and self promotion.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:20:59 PM

Maybe Bitcoin Mag should write something about the project? It's kinda a community thing now that you know is newsworthy.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Maybe Bitcoin Mag should write something about the project? It's kinda a community thing now that you know is newsworthy.

If you think it's worth writing an article about, prove it to a writer at Bitcoin Magazine. Personally, I wouldn't think a guy with an accout where he uploads videos about bitcoin as really being newsworthy considering everyone does it (KHAN Institute having Bitcoin lectures now though, *that's* somewhat newsworthy because they weren't already bitcoiners with pro-bitcoin agendas).

Mind you, I'm not talking usefulness, I'm talking newsworthy. Right now I'm picking up way too much hype and ego to take it seriously.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:28:08 PM

If you think it's worth writing an article about, prove it to a writer at Bitcoin Magazine. Personally, I wouldn't think a guy with an accout where he uploads videos about bitcoin really being newsworthy considering everyone does it (KHAN Institute having Bitcoin lectures now though, *that's* somewhat newsworthy becAuse they weren't already bitcoiners with pro-bitcoin agendas).

Wow, just wow. We have ten people including Jeff Tucker from Ludwig von Mises and Jon Matonis contributing to this project and you still just can't accept it's something more than me. I understand you strongly dislike me Matt, but have some fucking journalistic integrity.

As for newsworthy, it's a community built integration strategy for newcomers to Bitcoin. Not just some Udemy videos. The entire purpose is to remove barriers to entry and make Bitcoin relate in some way to everyday people's lives. That's called trying to mainstream the movement, which is kinda what we've been attempting to do for awhile now. It's both necessary and newsworthy.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:32:07 PM

Nope, gotta support Matt as weird as that may be. For someone that was studying "social network theory", you're not too big on how this whole "social" thingamabob works. Maybe read some Takei for a change.
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:35:08 PM

Thanks for your comments. I'll continue building my course. If anyone has any questions, then feel free to contact me.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:47:41 PM

have some fucking journalistic integrity.
I happen to believe not participating in the hyping up of non-newsworthy things falls under the very definition of journalistic integrity.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:51:02 PM

I happen to believe not participating in the hyping up of non-newsworthy things falls under the very definition of journalistic integrity.

Ignoring an open sourced project that is uniting members of the Bitcoin community to resolve the very serious issue of mainstream integration because you dislike its head is not integrity. It's called media bias. But I'm not going to debate this Matt. You've made a decision and we'll see what happens. One of us will eventually be right. 

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:58:21 PM

Ignoring an open sourced project that is uniting members of the Bitcoin community to resolve the very serious issue of mainstream integration because you dislike its head is not integrity. It's called media bias. But I'm not going to debate this Matt. You've made a decision and we'll see what happens. One of us will eventually be right.  

What is it exactly you think I do anyway? I started a project before yours to help with the same issue and then I left that project. What does my private opinion of your unacceptable ego have to do with "media bias"?

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

So you are saying you have no say whatsoever with what stories are posted in Bitcoin Mag? If one of your reporters said, I'd like to do a story on the Bitcoin Education Project, then you'd say whatever you think is best and let he write it?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:18:12 PM

So you are saying you have no say whatsoever with what stories are posted in Bitcoin Mag? If one of your reporters said, I'd like to do a story on the Bitcoin Education Project, then you'd say whatever you think is best and let he write it?

Charles, out of respect for the project I built, I resigned from Bitcoin Magazine months ago. Before I did, I had been desperately trying to find a more suitable replacement for Editor-in-Chief as I lacked the necessary background despite having the proper obsession with quality.

The magazine has suffered slightly as a result of my resignation (power struggles, hostile takeovers against shareholders, writers and editors quitting, etc) , but continues to grow regardless. I want the project to succeed so much that I wanted my own mistakes to not get in the way. Maybe you could learn a thing or two about integrity.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 09:28:25 PM

Maybe you could learn a thing or two about integrity.

Where have I been dishonest? I've been working for free and brought together many different people towards a common goal. I've always been honest about the goal- make bitcoin accessible and relatable for everyday people. So far we've gone from nothing to over 1,000 subscribers and rapidly growing with ten contributors including the author of Million Dollar Pizza, the makers of the upcoming bitcoin documentary, two different economists including Jeff Tucker from Ludwig Von Mises, Jon Matonis from Forbes and several entrepreneurs in the community.

In under a month Matt. Give us a Summer and we'll be significantly further along. I just can't understand what the hell your issue is? I'm arrogant? Ok and? I've been friendly, open and answered hundreds of email questions over the past few weeks. I've always invited people in this community to share their knowledge- including you. But that doesn't matter because I said other projects aren't as important as mine?

I believe this is where the community is at Matt. We are about to open the floodgates for millions of people to enter the ecosystem and there needs to be a serious effort towards a unified, community vetted and built point of entry. I'm sorry you feel it isn't important and you also feel the need to attack my integrity.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: