Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I make sure to not lose $ value in BTC?  (Read 1933 times)
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:49:56 AM

Here in my country Bitcoins can exchange into peso. In coins.ph bitcoin wallet so in case bitcoins is down I exchange it into btc and when bitcoins is up exchange it i into peso. so I also doing trading. in my 2 in 1 wallet.
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:54:27 AM

From time to time, I get paid in BTC for my freelancing services. Sometimes, I don't exchange it to real cash and let BTC sit in the wallet. But lately there has been A LOT of fluctuation in BTC price so if I have, let's say, $2000 today, tomorrow I might have half of it. I don't like that kind of a situation. So is there any way to make sure that your BTC gets fixed? Like, somehow fix the BTC price in your wallet. So no matter if actual BTC price rises or falls, you still have the same value that you have today. I think I might be interested in keeping some of my savings in BTC (away from banks) if I can somehow find a way to fix the value that I have today.

Is there a way? Any suggestions?

The fluctuation is normal with btc. It's best if you try to convert your btc into your currency, then if there a decline in price, you will be able to buy btc again. When its high, sell. When it's low, buy. In that case  you wont lose but gain more..

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:06:32 AM

though bitcoin is so volatile it still gives higher return for investment its a matter but It's your choice whether you're afraid or not Wink
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:24:21 AM

That is one of the advantage and disadvantage of Bitcoin, if today the price go up then you will have more dollars, so volatility also can become your advantage and there are no way to control this, unless you change it to fiat and changing to alt coin also not a good idea, but I will suggest you to keep your bitcoin, you will gained more profit rather than change it to fiat

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:09:31 AM

That is one of the advantage and disadvantage of Bitcoin, if today the price go up then you will have more dollars, so volatility also can become your advantage and there are no way to control this, unless you change it to fiat and changing to alt coin also not a good idea, but I will suggest you to keep your bitcoin, you will gained more profit rather than change it to fiat

and if the price go up, we can sell it to make more fiat and if the price is down, we can buy it. but all in all, i think we are not going to lose $ value in btc because if we can get the different from what we buy and sell, we can make profit (money). so this is the advantage of trading bitcoin pair fiat and i suggest to keep amount of bitcoin in your wallet and you don't have to trade all of your bitcoin pair fiat, just don't sell all bitcoin you have and only sell in base buy plus make a profit in middle range.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:15:33 AM

From time to time, I get paid in BTC for my freelancing services. Sometimes, I don't exchange it to real cash and let BTC sit in the wallet. But lately there has been A LOT of fluctuation in BTC price so if I have, let's say, $2000 today, tomorrow I might have half of it. I don't like that kind of a situation. So is there any way to make sure that your BTC gets fixed? Like, somehow fix the BTC price in your wallet. So no matter if actual BTC price rises or falls, you still have the same value that you have today. I think I might be interested in keeping some of my savings in BTC (away from banks) if I can somehow find a way to fix the value that I have today.

The only thing you can do with your bitcoin is to convert it to cash if you really don't want to lose any of your earnings. If you are not investing on a long-term then you should pull it out and withdraw especially if the trend is goin down.Only long-term investors don't mind the fluctuation since they are planning to hold their btc for a minimum of five years up to ten or even twenty years.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:11:08 AM

Convert every bitcoin you have if you are afraid of losing your money but make sure that the value is reasonable before converting it like right now bitcoin raise to $2800 I think you will not lose some but instead earn.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:25:30 AM

If you are afraid of taking chances or risk then sell right away when you received your bitcoin
Practically correct there isn't a bitcoin service that will allow you to hold and lock in on a certain value unless you sell your bitcoins

but I think you will regret it if you do so...though bitcoin is so volatile it still gives higher return for investment its a matter of being optimistic and try to risk little of your earning you never know it can give you good income
In as much as there is risk, bitcoin holders usually profit from this volatility thanks to the rallies and all speculations that excite investors(whales) to buy more, if OP doesnt need to use the money immediately better hold or buy cash equivalent goods like a gift card
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:31:42 AM

Well, Bitcoin is known for how volatile it is, and how often the prices of it rise and fall. For example, last week was a classic example of it and Bitcoin feels almost 1000 USD in a day and rose back up in 10 hours.

To make sure you don't lose value in bitcoin, there is only one option you can do. Cash out. When bitcoin is high, say around 2.8K I would recommend you just taking half of your current Bitcoin out and then holding the rest for a next rise. Investing in Bitcoin is useful, but you should know when to cash out.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:20:59 AM

Sounds like what you really want is tether, its a digital currency that runs on the blockchain fixed to the US$.

That is the only way to guarantee you have the same value later on as what you put in or received.
I was also finding the same solution as OP but Tether how i can believe this coin if any dump happens will that able to hold the same value and how about its growth if it fixed to same value why should investors invest on this??.
mihohil

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:22:55 AM

you can just wait, it's going down, but then it always grows. you won't loose money, if you have them in btc.
Vaccinus

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:25:20 AM

if you are for the long term does it matter if bitcoin go down a little and then recover? better to not stress yourself with all the up and down, just relax and use your bitcoin when the desired price is reached, but if you need to convert quickly use a third party that auto-convert

Adbitco

Activity: 1442
Merit: 664

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:28:39 AM

You can change your bitcoin to the dollar first (if the price is high), and when the price is low you can go back to buy bitcoin, and sell it at a higher price
That's the only available option you can go for. Hold your btc until the price increases and then when there's a rise in price sell them and buy the bitcoins again when the prices drop otherwise get paid in USD which is a more stable currency than bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:31:30 AM

Yes ,Here we have a way . First all make a better analysis in the coin market cap for which the price is at low and stable from one to two months and buy these coin in small small amount ( invest your Bitcoin in different different coins) .
In this way you will not get loss of money because thier price are at low and stable and If the market will rise then surely you don't have need to take loss and also if the price of any coin will go down then the other coins small fluctuations in price will counterbalance your money that you invested invested in the coins .
So in this way you will only get profit or net gain profit/loss zero and your money that you have placed will remain at stable .
And also here a best way to keep your btc at stable is to invest in any legitimate project ( investment in poloniex to.land or in yobit.net for 0.2%/day ) .
Hope you understand and will.follow my idea .
VeneVici

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:40:06 AM

I think you can only do that by changing Bitcoin to USDT instantly and holding that. You can't do anything else otherwise, except also exchanging BTC to your currency. Bitcoin is experiencing a lot of volatility, which yes, it could mean you can spend 0.001 on a drink today and 0.005 tomorrow. I would exchange BTC into fiat, only as much as I need, instantly when I receive it and hold the rest in a 'freezed' wallet, for example a paper one.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:40:35 AM

Simple, just sell your bitcoin for normal fiat currency when the price is high. A good time to sell would have been 3 or 4 days ago since the price was at 2750 USD, but now it has dropped a hundred due to August first speculation and FUD. When August the first is finished, I would recommend you to sell at least 60 percent of your Bitcoin, so you have that money. Then just hold the other 40 percent and think of it as an investment.

After you accumulate more Bitcoin from freelancing, you can start investing more, and maybe even get into trading, although trade at your own risk.
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

The only way to make sure you wony lose any cent is to cash out or convert all your btc to usd or what currency you have in your country if price today is equal or more than the value you spent on acquiring them before. If you dont have the courage to risk then dont let you money stock in btc coz btc value keeps on flactuating either pump or dump no one knows specially this coming chainsplitting that would happen.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Blessed1

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:45:08 AM

Since the bitcoin fork is approaching I think you should convert your BTCs to USD. You may further convert them to Btc after forking.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:15:20 AM

The fluctuation is normal with btc. It's best if you try to convert your btc into your currency, then if there a decline in price, you will be able to buy btc again. When its high, sell. When it's low, buy. In that case  you wont lose but gain more..
Fluctuation in the prices is not a big issue if long term plans are in action. Loss and profit in business happen in any business roadmap. I think if one day the price of bitcoin come down so most probably it may increase next day. So, in business you will wait for a best occasion regarding profit.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:02:47 AM

There is no way that you could locked the price of your btc when the time you received it with the same value no matter the price will go up or down. Unless you convert it into fiat or tether. But since you wanted to keep some of your savings into btc, the only thing you can do is accept the fluctuation happening from time to time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: