Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:59:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for mining partnership  (Read 780 times)
Wabba (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

Simply put, I have access to excess computing resources and power.  Making them basically free.  I have everything needed to mine 24/7 except for the GPUs.  I would like to find a partner that perhaps has some GPUs that it is no longer profitable for them to mine with due to higher power costs where they live.  If anyone would be interested, send me a PM, or ask any questions you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Terk

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:12:29 PM

Simply put, I have access to excess computing resources and power.

Simply put, you work at a place where there are lot of computers under your supervision.

Making them basically free.

And you've got that idea that as it's not you who pay the bills, you could screw your employer, use some more power, and they probably won't notice or won't care and pay your bill.

You should actually write:

Quote from: Wabba should actually write
I think I can steal power from my employer and get away with it. I can also use their computers without them knowing. Send me your GPUs and we'll both benefit from it.

If it's not the case then I'm genuinely sorry for my accusations and I am equally genuinely interested in how one can get “access to excess computing resources and power which are free” without stealing/screwing anyone.

ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:24:52 PM

LOL at
I think I can steal power from my employer and get away with it. I can also use their computers without them knowing. Send me your GPUs and we'll both benefit from it.

Simply put, you work at a place where there are lot of computers under your supervision.

And you've got that idea that as it's not you who pay the bills, you could screw your employer, use some more power, and they probably won't notice or won't care and pay your bill.

If it's not the case then I'm genuinely sorry for my accusations and I am equally genuinely interested in how one can get “access to excess computing resources and power which are free” without stealing/screwing anyone.

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Wabba (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:28:52 AM

You apparently know nothing about data centers.  Let me educate you a little.  You can purchase space in a data center to put your equipment in.  This is called colocation. When you purchase the space, you also purchase power drops for whatever power you need. The power is billed at a set rate per amp a month. It is not a metered rate.  So if I have a cabinet of 40 server, but only 20 of them are actually leased to customers, I have 20 servers sitting there doing nothing.  The price I pay for power is already a set cost, and is the same every month whether I have one server powered on or 40. So it is not actually free, but for mining purposes it is effectively "free" as it costs me no more than it would that month already.  I hope that explains it better.  And thanks for being a dick!
Terk

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:34:00 AM

Thanks for the explanation and as I said I am sorry if I was wrong. I saw so many people trying to be smart using their employers' resources at their (extra) cost to mine and your post fit the profile very well.

I have my space purchased at the datacenter which I pay for U or rack and then I pay for power per server. It's not metered just as in your case, but it depends on number of servers that I have, so if I have half my rack empty, then I pay half for the power. But I never tried having some servers mounted up in racks but not running. I don't think they monitor wether I actually run a server or not, so they would probably charge me full price.

Wabba (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:46:09 PM

Bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: