Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy of us citizens at risk, what is the best platform to prevent this?  (Read 243 times)
Justaguy2 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:30:44 AM

Hi,

Swedish government gave database away of its milions of citizens. I think blockchain woud be a good sollution to this as we will see more privacy blunders from authorities all over the world. But what blockchain would be best suitable for this problems because I beleive there is what we should invest in now.

More on news:

News in Dutch, i translated just a bit.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/127517/zweedse-overheid-gaf-databases-met-gegevens-miljoenen-burgers-uit-handen.html

"Swedish government transferred databases with driving licenses, inclusive picture, and dat about their cars and infrastructure in 2015 to cloud services of IBM and NRC in Tsjechie and Servie."
Also data about militairy vehicles and roads, names adresses of pilotes of defense,..;...

List obviously goes on and on but can this be solved with the blockchain?
CessPool

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:12:59 AM

Hi,

Swedish government gave database away of its milions of citizens. I think blockchain woud be a good sollution to this as we will see more privacy blunders from authorities all over the world. But what blockchain would be best suitable for this problems because I beleive there is what we should invest in now.

More on news:

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/127517/zweedse-overheid-gaf-databases-met-gegevens-miljoenen-burgers-uit-handen.html

"Swedish government transferred databases with driving licenses, inclusive picture, and dat about their cars and infrastructure in 2015 to cloud services of IBM and NRC in Tsjechie and Servie."
Also data about militairy vehicles and roads, names adresses of pilotes of defense,..;...

Anything that is on an internet and not an intranet is at risk of being made public.

I don't think Blockchain technology would stop this, cryptography might though. 
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:42:18 AM

Hi,

More on news:

Anything that is on an internet and not an intranet is at risk of being made public.

I do think also that btc is a pure solution but it could help in some ways. Because offcourse the only risk on btc is the anonymity. Because there are also talks in our country that they would also give databases for the public for easier access and transaction because honestly it is good as long as the infos are not too much informative for an individual risk also to avoid further delays.
Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:59:27 AM

Hi,

More on news:

I do think this is the solution but maybe it is not in existence yet. We need a trapdoor-like blockchain where data is not view-able by any user. So every identity gets a number, but the private data is stored and only viewable by receiver. No third party should be able to receive/view it.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:10:09 AM

Swedish government gave database away of its milions of citizens.

what makes you think using blockchain technology prevents this?
i don't know how true this story is but government has access to all these information in a database, using blockchain technology only changes that database and they can do with it as they please!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:46:21 AM

Swedish government gave database away of its milions of citizens.

what makes you think using blockchain technology prevents this?
i don't know how true this story is but government has access to all these information in a database, using blockchain technology only changes that database and they can do with it as they please!

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/61280/data-breach/swedish-transport-agency-leak.html

I don't know, i guess i'm just sick of all these big instances that sell our data. What i am suggesting that there should be a "rule".

For instance if you need to know if i have a criminal record then you do not need to know where exactly i live you only need to know "yes" or "no".
So just plug in your device to the blockchain and wait for a confirmation that gives green light. There are not many instances that need ALL your private info but they ALL want it.

I hope i make myself clear, this should become largely adopted because blockchain makes this possible now.
sp_skeptic

Activity: 110
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:27:55 PM

I do think this is the solution but maybe it is not in existence yet. We need a trapdoor-like blockchain where data is not view-able by any user. So every identity gets a number, but the private data is stored and only viewable by receiver. No third party should be able to receive/view it.

Sure it exists, it's called Monero. There are plenty of other anonymous cryptos too, but Monero is best at it IMO.

See this: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: