Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin take over, and Fiat will be gone?  (Read 383 times)
Lyancy001 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:11:43 PM

Will that happen? I'm really excited if that will happen. What do you think?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:35:20 PM

Governments will never give up on their power to be able to emit money at their own will. You have to ask yourself, why would they give up on their proprietary currencies and willingly  be part of a decentralized set of rules they can't change at any time they want?

BTC is an alternative. It comes down to the people. If people want to abandon fiat currencies for BTC then it will happen, if not, then it will remain as digital gold only (which is the most important part)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 3856

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:36:46 PM

It's really to early to say for sure. Yes, it's very possible, but bitcoin CAN fail in the future (I hope not). And who knows? Maybe an altcoin instead will reach mass adoption. One things for sure though, it won't be soon, probably not in our lifetime; and I hope I'm wrong.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:39:43 PM

Sometimes you have to think practically before asking such questions. Can you imagine a country giving away it's currency just like that for a crypto currency. The government won't accept this at all. The only possibility is that both fiats and crypto currencies would work together and function together.
And also having only a currency for the country and not crypto currency is also possible .

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:43:41 PM

This question has been asked numerous times in this forum and I suggest you to use search function above to find similar thread and continue discussion there rather than opening new thread like this for same topic.

It will never happen because government can't track down your bitcoin transactions. Fiat and paper money will be always there but their value might drop due to high inflation in future.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1610
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:10:29 PM

It can never happen, there's no chance. Fiat currency is crucial and mandotary. USD and Euro, especially USD is the most traded Fiat currency. It's used in trades across the globe, from USA to China, and so on. Bitcoin is "indirectly" against the governments.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JNiks_ZLisa

Activity: 182
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

Trump will make dollar cash exchange for 1 day only and in USA for USA people only.
After this will be dollar fork, USA dollar and International dollar with non 1.0 exchange rate.
International dollar will be very cheep.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:18:30 PM

It's not likely that "...Bitcoin [will] take over, and Fiat be gone?"

The good news is that bitcoin doesn't have to take over and fiat doesn't have to be gone for bitcoin to be a viable success. They can both co-exist. Although, government fiat monies may have their own impending collapse problem, but hey, that's fiat's problem, not bitcoin's problem.
JNiks_ZLisa

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:21:29 PM

The good news is that bitcoin doesn't have to take over and fiat doesn't have to be gone for bitcoin to be a viable success. They can both co-exist. Although, government fiat monies may have their own impending collapse problem, but hey, that's fiat's problem, not bitcoin's problem.
USA Dollar can fall very fast in some goverment stop trust to Trump.
Trump like Russian Boris Yeltsin. But Boris Yeltsin drink Vodka and Trump eat Prozac.
KrakAJAX

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:30:15 PM

Trump like Russian Boris Yeltsin. But Boris Yeltsin drink Vodka and Trump eat Prozac.

Yes but it does not mean dollars will be gone. It's like saying zimbambwean dollars will be gone. They still exist they are just worth practically nothing.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:33:04 PM

Bitcoin will never take over fiat currencies unfortunately.   There is no way governments would ever allow fiscal policy to be out of their control. 

If it ever even started to lean that way, we would see governments starting to take major actions against the use of cryptos.   I have been following some of the news regarding the Federal Reserve coming up with their own digital currency.   That is far more likely than Bitcoin taking over.
JNiks_ZLisa

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:34:57 PM

Yes but it does not mean dollars will be gone. It's like saying zimbambwean dollars will be gone. They still exist they are just worth practically nothing.
Using of International dollar will lower and lower. It will followed with periodically price fall.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:34:55 PM

Nope.

End of story  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: