Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Potential - 1 (50%)
No Potential - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Federal Byte - an improved Bitcoin  (Read 360 times)
ninjagod (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:22:02 PM

The Cryptocurrency is called Federal Byte.

Here is part of what is going to be in the white-paper.

Ok, so where do I begin?   Huh haha.

I guess, like with any new innovation, I should start with the problems and work backwards from there.
I think that the main problems with Bitcoin, every altcoins main competitor (yes, I am aware that Ethereum serves an entirely different purpose to Bitcoin) are that it has;
1) A bad reputation amongst much of the public
and
2) Scalability issues

So now that we have, in my opinion, the problems identified we can begin to work on a solution. The solution to the first problem is already given to us; Nobody knows or, has even heard of a Federal Byte. This means that we have a clean slate to work from so that no prior problems such as, hackers, illicit websites or, money laundering has stained our reputation. Secondly, the use of the word Federal in the name of the currency makes it seem, to the public, like it is a nationalised, legitimate and therefore, trustworthy asset and store of wealth. Much like how the Federal Reserve called themselves the Federal Reserve when they were a private institution - to help build trust amongst the public.

Hopefully, the name alone will give this currency an edge over other the cryptocurrencies to be more widely adopted amongst the 'common user'.

The second problem was equally as easy to solve. I simply made the size limit of each block much larger and incorporated code from the lightning software into the cryptocurrency. Some elements of Segwit are also piled into this code. The code was based off Litecoin and Bitcoin.

Of course, with an already saturated cryptocurrency market, these things alone are not enough to make the Federal Byte stand out from the crowd. So in the near future, before the coin is released, I would like to be able to incorporate some kind of code that will allow for the Federal Byte to have a 'jump start' or 'take off'. My initial idea is to propose some sort of backing system such as, the dollar for the first month - Hopefully this will allow for people to gain more trust in the Federal Byte before it gains enough traction and support, for the community that surrounds it alone, to be the trust model. After the first month, the Federal Byte can be sold for any speculative price that the community demands; The price will go up and down.

The initial supply will also half every 8 weeks for the first 24 weeks to help create a sense of urgency and rush for more people to get into the coin - especially during the first month when the Federal Byte remains at a consistent price of perhaps, $1. After 24 weeks the supply will halve every 20 weeks for the next 60 weeks. Then, after 84 weeks the supply will halve every year. This will continue until all of the coins (80 million) run out. This sped up halving process should keep the demand of the coin increasingly high so that the price continues to go up, and so does the value. The increasing price should also attract more people to buy and use the coin.

The coin is still in development and I created this post to make the community aware of its imminent arrival. Please let me know what you think and any improvements you would suggest I add to the coin.

P.s I forgot the password and username of my old account, hence why I am still ranked as a Newbie.

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:43:47 AM

P.s I forgot the password and username of my old account, hence why I am still ranked as a Newbie.

Well if you've used this place before, you should know better than to post in the wrong sub-forum.

Alternate currencies seems like the place for this post to be, or maybe Project Development if you're looking for suggestions/ideas. This doesn't really fit in with the rest of Bitcoin newbie posts found in this sub-forum.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:57:53 AM

I guess, like with any new innovation, I should start with the problems and work backwards from there.
I think that the main problems with Bitcoin, every altcoins main competitor (yes, I am aware that Ethereum serves an entirely different purpose to Bitcoin) are that it has;
1) A bad reputation amongst much of the public
and
2) Scalability issues

If that is ur selling point, it won't work. Because either u have millions on good marketing to promote ur coin or u will fail like every other alt.
Scalability issues are normal and u will face them too if you succeed. Its a nature of distrubited ledgers like bitcoin, it doesn't scale good. It just doesn't no matter what you do.
worldmobilecoin

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

World Mobile Coin

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 05:09:05 PM

Seems this is just a general info about your project, so i can't comment any further. Very interesting concept and improvement of crypto ecosystem. So, wish you all the best and good luck. Hope will hear from you again once most of the development finish.  Smiley. Keep up the good work.

WMCC: wc1qcl3qeqkjamt8m7ass0weu9ep6s8se722y553jm
BTC: 1N1ZM9xCzHtn8mD4a4JYUm7bC5T54CBDmD
ETH: 0x6145e253196C7a7CEDDA1797B69E2ba67Fe3219b
BCH: 18CW3B95oTtW5MYG7GAs8isABA4TeNntWA
physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:38:14 PM

At the risk of taking your post seriously, there is some very interesting work going on with algorands (zk-SNARKS)

https://arxiv.org/abs/1607.01341

signature campaigns annoy me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: