Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Poker Concerns  (Read 794 times)
trend (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:20:05 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2013, 12:51:18 AM by trend

BitcoinFlush has a service thread for satoshipoker.org under Economy/MarketPlace/Gambling.  His posts end with a tag line
0.4 BTC Freerolls - 10 BTC Jackpot - Lowest rake in the industry

In raked poker, the rake percent doesnt tell the whole story about the house take.  When questioned in his thread about it, BitcoinFlush said:

We charge 2% of rake, but we don't have any cap on the rake.

That is not a low rake!  A 2% fee of the total pot will turn out to be a much higher effective rate than most of their competitors charge.

I have played their freerolls and like the site.  I have withdrew funds from the site and it was executed promptly.  I want this site to succeed and I want to play there.   But, I will not  play cash games with such a high take, and I have made a living playing them for 12 years.

If feel they have earned my constructive input.  I was only trying to help when I brought the subject up with an observer in one of their freeroll tournaments called "admin."  I asked him if he was BitcoinFlush on bitcointalk.  He said that BitcoinFlush is just an employee of the company.  But in the referenced thread there is a flame war going on with mem.  And it appears that BitcoinFlush is either the owner operator or acting directly on the owner's behalf.  "admin" would not address my concerns about the cash game rake in the chat box.

They can do whatever they want with the rake.  Most others will pass up the cash games along with me if they don't cap the rake.  There, I've done my part to help you.    

Now, if you only play in heads up or short-handed games this is not an issue at 2%.  It is just in the big multi-way pots, the kind I like, where this is a concern.  And it gets to be a bigger problem as the rake percentage goes up.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Iceman2120

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:44:07 AM

Come join us at Poker Dominicano and claim your free $5 plus 5 free tournament entry coupons. we are a U.S. friendly site. We accept cash deposits or BITCOIN. Fast and easy deposits and cash outs. Just sign up and claim your free money, no deposit required. Lowest rake in the world, US friendly, Powerful software and best of all, we mean business. Nightly freerolls plus a face book freeroll on Sunday. Here is the link http://royaldynastypoker.webs.com/
BitcoinFlush

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

No longer satoshipoker.org - Can't change avatar

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 09:22:14 AM

BitcoinFlush has a service thread for satoshipoker.org under Economy/MarketPlace/Gambling.  His posts end with a tag line
0.4 BTC Freerolls - 10 BTC Jackpot - Lowest rake in the industry

In raked poker, the rake percent doesnt tell the whole story about the house take.  When questioned in his thread about it, BitcoinFlush said:

We charge 2% of rake, but we don't have any cap on the rake.

That is not a low rake!  A 2% fee of the total pot will turn out to be a much higher effective rate than most of their competitors charge.

I have played their freerolls and like the site.  I have withdrew funds from the site and it was executed promptly.  I want this site to succeed and I want to play there.   But, I will not  play cash games with such a high take, and I have made a living playing them for 12 years.

If feel they have earned my constructive input.  I was only trying to help when I brought the subject up with an observer in one of their freeroll tournaments called "admin."  I asked him if he was BitcoinFlush on bitcointalk.  He said that BitcoinFlush is just an employee of the company.  But in the referenced thread there is a flame war going on with mem.  And it appears that BitcoinFlush is either the owner operator or acting directly on the owner's behalf.  "admin" would not address my concerns about the cash game rake in the chat box.

They can do whatever they want with the rake.  Most others will pass up the cash games along with me if they don't cap the rake.  There, I've done my part to help you.    

Now, if you only play in heads up or short-handed games this is not an issue at 2%.  It is just in the big multi-way pots, the kind I like, where this is a concern.  And it gets to be a bigger problem as the rake percentage goes up.

Thanks a lot for the constructive input! I remember this conversation vaguely and didn't see this thread. I never hide that I am admin and owner of Satoshi Poker and definately never said that he is an employee. Most of our players know that the site is run by 3 parners only. I guess we must have had a miscommunication somehow. We did get a lot of requests from players to cap the rake, and as we usually implement the wishes of our players, we have capped it at 350 chips (1btc = 10000 chips).

Let's color the MOON: Y1Dxt2kmHoRRWPBEeKv9rzCfcA7EvrWv82
BitcoinFlush

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

No longer satoshipoker.org - Can't change avatar

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 09:25:24 AM

Come join us at Poker Dominicano and claim your free $5 plus 5 free tournament entry coupons. we are a U.S. friendly site. We accept cash deposits or BITCOIN. Fast and easy deposits and cash outs. Just sign up and claim your free money, no deposit required. Lowest rake in the world, US friendly, Powerful software and best of all, we mean business. Nightly freerolls plus a face book freeroll on Sunday. Here is the link http://royaldynastypoker.webs.com/
Yes, and then not allowing players to withdraw? Look at your twoplustwo thread. First learn how to service players, then learn to not scam people out of their roll, and then you might be taken serious when you're posting in a topic which is not PD related.

Let's color the MOON: Y1Dxt2kmHoRRWPBEeKv9rzCfcA7EvrWv82
EnRageRSrtrZHeaAt

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:33:37 AM

Thanks for the rake lesson.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: