Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PWC: PREMINE ALERT][Proof inside]Powercoin was PREMINED for 56.000 coins  (Read 3240 times)
Boxman90 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:02:03 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2013, 01:14:23 AM by Boxman90

So, when I was lucky enough to be at the launch of an altcoin, I found it strange that I had to synch nearly 2000 blocks while I joined in merely 10 minutes after the forum release.

Today I spent all day setting up Abe's blockexplorer and I did some digging in the Powercoin blockchain. I sourced the blocknumber @ the releasetime, which was 1:55:59 UTC.

The dev (NMO) kept insisting there was no premine. While in fact 56K coins were premined.

I tried to get him to discredit himself by asking for a bribe, but he didn't bite to that. He insisted it was not a premine and was not intended as such. He will probably keep saying this this was "not a premine". LOL.

Ah well, let the proof speak for itself:

EXTRA FACT
- The linux compile was botched beyond repair and could not be compiled without serious knowledge of the code. It still cannot. Linux users were heavily hindered. NWO was ready and has admitted that he would mine from release - the linux botching might have been on purpose so that he had more time to reap the benefits of the early easy difficulty. This is mere speculation of course, but as more things are fishy, this is a viable option.

Also, I did manage to mine 6K during the low difficulty, but the premine made me think of them as worthless. I have no issues discrediting this filthy premined junkcoin clone.

//edit
This just in: NWO plans to sue me for uncovering his uncomfortable truth
Stop getting so defensive. I have everything documented and it is going to the law firm this afternoon. You rattled the wrong hornets nest.

You threaten to deface a brand by extorting me yet now try and make out you are not doing that. I'm collecting your IP and email from admin as we speak.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:03:40 AM

Another scam coin bites the dust Tongue

wesleyrbk

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:04:54 AM

Yeah already saw something shady when I was one of the first miners and saw that about 1000 blocks were already mined.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:05:36 AM

Most people new powercoin was worthless, after the first day of mining

relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:05:50 AM

It was already dead minutes after launch. The author got called out for lying about it being confirmed on BTER. One of the worst coin launches ever...
wesleyrbk

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:07:05 AM

//edit
Stop getting so defensive. I have everything documented and it is going to the law firm this afternoon. You rattled the wrong hornets nest.

You threaten to deface a brand by extorting me yet now try and make out you are not doing that. I'm collecting your IP and email from admin as we speak.

Bwhaha how old is this guy?
fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:15:11 AM

LOL at the notion that any of these scam coins (copy/paste LTC forks) are a "brand"
Number6

Activity: 490
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:17:43 AM

Nice bit of detective work there Boxman90!!! Smiley

BTC:   18jdvLeM6r943eUY4DEC5B9cQZPuDyg4Zn     LTC:   LeBh9akQ3RwxwpUU6pJQ9YGs9PrC1Zc9BK
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:18:27 AM

The OP tried to extort NWO: "Send me coins or I will make slanderous posts!"
This is illegal, it is extortion. Under no circumstance it is permissible.
It doesn't even matter whether his so called evidence materials hold water.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:19:06 AM

//edit

Incredible. He should just let it die at this point before he creates even more of an embarrassment for himself.
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:20:54 AM

//edit

He must be american. A Brand is not A brand, unless it is trademarked, for starters. And even if that was the case, he copied someone else's code, made a couple changes, and claimed it as his own Roll Eyes

Number6

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:32:31 AM

The OP tried to extort NWO: "Send me coins or I will make slanderous posts!"
This is illegal, it is extortion. Under no circumstance it is permissible.
It doesn't even matter whether his so called evidence materials hold water.

Well I am pretty sure NWO is guilty of misleading investors (miners) as well, as the original version of the announcement post claimed that the coin was pre-approved to be listed on BTER, which was soon after discredited by the BTER admin. Maybe the SEC or someone (probably the equivalent agency of NWO's home country) would be interested in this, as they are already on record that they need to get into crypto-currency regulations. And yes, early miners should be classified as investors since time and effort, pointing hashpower to a coin in hopes of higher return, would be considered as the investment.

BTC:   18jdvLeM6r943eUY4DEC5B9cQZPuDyg4Zn     LTC:   LeBh9akQ3RwxwpUU6pJQ9YGs9PrC1Zc9BK
Number6

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:35:57 AM

Also, for the record, I am not defending either party, if they both broke the law, they should both suffer the consequences.

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:38:40 AM

//edit

He must be american. A Brand is not A brand, unless it is trademarked, for starters. And even if that was the case, he copied someone else's code, made a couple changes, and claimed it as his own Roll Eyes

We are looking to trademark PowerCoin and bring it to the wider community. The code is open source... No further explanation required.

From the top of my head. Bitcoin was instamined, Novacoin was raped by premine, ChinaCoin had 2200 blocks mined before anyone here touched it, yac was found to heavily favour Linux users and was instamined... Must I got on. These coins are still on exchanges and are being traded as we speak. THIS IS NO REVELATION.

The 'premine' is VERY insignificant if you actually saw how spread out the amount was as it was used for payment on the coin itself, website, wiki, BOUNTIES. A lot of that is going into the generation of bounties to further grow PowerCoin as a viable currency alternative.

OP is blowing steam out of his **** with the Linux accusation, the development team solely focused on a Windows client (the majority).

As for the etiquette of the OP. He threatened to extort me for PWC (ironic isn't it) to not expose his findings. In other words I am taking this very seriously. Screenshots are being compiled as we speak.

In regards to the BTER (epic fail) that was a huge miscommunication/ lie from a Chinese national who thought he was admin...
Praxis
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:39:41 AM

1) The only person involved in immoral behavior here is the OP who tried to extort NWO: give me money or I will make your coin look bad. This is not only immoral, but illegal, it's a crime known as blackmail or extortion.

2) Even if there was a minuscule premine (which I doubt), but even if the OP was right, 55000 coins out of 100 million, it's a drop in the Ocean that NWO keeps giving in bounties and giveaways. A complete non-issue.

3) The BTER fiasco was my fault as I admitted before. I was in contact with some guy from Shanghai, China, who supposedly is in the BTER team and he said "Yeah, sure we will add it!" when I explained the Powercoin project to him.
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:40:46 AM

Great job

also if he was extorting why would he release details, then he would lose his leverage

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
wesleyrbk

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:41:49 AM

As for the etiquette of the OP. He threatened to extort me for PWC (ironic isn't it) to not expose his findings. In other words I am taking this very seriously. Screenshots are being compiled as we speak.

In regards to the BTER (epic fail) that was a huge miscommunication/ lie from a Chinese national who thought he was admin...

alex_fun

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:41:56 AM

lol well spotted :d

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:47:40 AM

//edit

We are looking to trademark PowerCoin and bring it to the wider community. The code is open source... No further explanation required.

From the top of my head. Bitcoin was instamined, Novacoin was raped by premine, ChinaCoin had 2200 blocks mined before anyone here touched it, yac was found to heavily favour Linux users and was instamined... Must I got on. These coins are still on exchanges and are being traded as we speak. THIS IS NO REVELATION.

The 'premine' is VERY insignificant if you actually saw how spread out the amount was as it was used for payment on the coin itself, website, wiki, BOUNTIES. A lot of that is going into the generation of bounties to further grow PowerCoin as a viable currency alternative.

OP is blowing steam out of his **** with the Linux accusation, the development team solely focused on a Windows client (the majority).

Dude, it's over. Noone wants to mine your coin, noone wants to buy your coin....Let it go....Feel free to attempt to sue me...I'm Canadian, so, even if you had a trademark, it wouldn't be valid here anyways. And I seriously doubt the admin of these forums, are handing out personal information about their members Roll Eyes

Praxis
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:48:51 AM

//edit

Dude, it's over. Noone wants to mine your coin, noone wants to buy your coin....Let it go

There are 2 pools and one Google Docs Exchange thread so people obviously do want to.
Go troll somewhere else.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: