Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About add more psu  (Read 345 times)
Muspelheim (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:02:03 AM

Hello mates,
i have question to ask you. my rig has 4x gtx 1070 strix gpus and 2x 750 power supplies. i will buy two more gpus.

but when i made 8 gpus my power supplies will not enough in the future for system.

2 ways in my mind

1- i will buy 1 more 750 psu and connect all power supplies with trible psu cable
2- i will buy 1000/1200 watt psu and complete power supplies like that 1x 750, 1x 1000/1200

which one will be best choice? triple psu cable is good? or dangereus? power supplies has diffirent watts will work together stable?

or do u ve any solution?

thank you Smiley
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 04:29:14 PM

Hello mates,
i have question to ask you. my rig has 4x gtx 1070 strix gpus and 2x 750 power supplies. i will buy two more gpus.

but when i made 8 gpus my power supplies will not enough in the future for system.

2 ways in my mind

1- i will buy 1 more 750 psu and connect all power supplies with trible psu cable
2- i will buy 1000/1200 watt psu and complete power supplies like that 1x 750, 1x 1000/1200

which one will be best choice? triple psu cable is good? or dangereus? power supplies has diffirent watts will work together stable?

or do u ve any solution?

thank you Smiley

Curious why you said you were buying two more GPUs, but somehow came up with 8 in the following line. Are you bringing your final total to 6 or 8, and are the new ones also going to be GTX 1070s?

What kind of "triple PSU adapter" are you referring to? Because right now I'm just thinking of those simple cables that really only save you from remembering to short each extra PSU's green pin to ground manually before booting up the rest of the system.

Combining different power supplies should be fine, so long as each individual one functions properly.
When you combine the power supplies, you should be fine so long as long as you balance the load such that no individual power supply is pushed too hard. This can sometimes be difficult to do, and would be more complicated with more small power supplies. Note that running more PSUs results in more possible points of failure. (If any one of the PSUs were to fail, it would probably cause downtime for the entire rig.)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:48:46 PM

Tribble PSU?
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:33:31 PM

I saw some case using triple PSUs.
They are using it because it's far cheaper buying single or double PSUs which has same total power.

You can use by using dual power connector that people using for double PSUs

main psu - connector - second psu - connector - third psu
will work fine.

Discard for some possibility of increased PSU failure, it could be a good solution for cost-effectiveness

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: