Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyroll's 10 BTC giveaway is a scam, he sent me and others a phishing link  (Read 7195 times)
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:01:13 AM

I nearly clicked this fucker's link. He should be drawn and quartered. I know in some countries they break for legs for this type of shit.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nazgulnarsil

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:03:25 AM

Eh I see the jig is up.  For future reference it's always good to reply to these things as if you believe them and try to draw out info about the phisher without revealing anything about yourself or clicking any links.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:04:02 AM

I also got the PM. The funny thing is that my only contribution to the giveaway thread was to ask "What happens if I choose an already chosen number?" so I had no chance to win at all.

Now, after reading this thread and learning about "my account was hacked", I PM'd anyroll showing interest and waited for his reply. Guess what, as of 06:34 UTC he's still scamming people:

Can we have the mod to disable his account, at least for now? The fact that he's still replying the scam PM is proof enough that the issue has yet to be fully resolved.

Agreed, banned. We'll sort it out later.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:04:49 AM

The first post should be edited to get rid of that nasty nasty link.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:05:41 AM

The first post should be edited to get rid of that nasty nasty link.

Agreed, I bet there's been hundreds of bitcoins lost, or at least in the next 24 hours.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:24:56 AM

i highly reccommend that people click links on their PHONES or laptops they don't access btc services at all with.
checking most websites on the phone's browser is pretty safe from what i understand and you have the ability to check the site without it messing up your computer and installing viruses or other fishy stuff

ok
fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:28:51 AM

I got the same Private message.  Undecided  apparently this is a scam...
well that I do not press on the links, and I'm myself typing in the address bar: https://btc-e.com/
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:49:25 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2013, 08:06:05 AM by Lethn

Woh, that's just fucking low, I'm glad I clicked on my personal bookmark and not the link, I almost got tricked too Sad and here I thought that person was being honest, from now on I'm going to have to assume now every person doing a giveaway or lottery is a scammer and that's sad really.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:01:52 AM

he got me and i clicked, but 0 btc on the exchange so, nothing to worry
this is why i keep all my bitcoin on my wallet

forum should add a notification of a msg that it sent to multiple people(don't know if this is possible)
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:02:48 AM

Same here, I hadn't even made an account on BT-E really so I'm lucky in a totally different way lol Tongue
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:05:52 AM

he got me and i clicked, but 0 btc on the exchange so, nothing to worry
this is why i keep all my bitcoin on my wallet

forum should add a notification of a msg that it sent to multiple people(don't know if this is possible)

Change your password on BTC-e and also change it on any other websites that you are using the same password on as he will likely start looking for your other accounts that share the same PW.

ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:06:55 AM

i highly reccommend that people click links on their PHONES or laptops they don't access btc services at all with.
checking most websites on the phone's browser is pretty safe from what i understand and you have the ability to check the site without it messing up your computer and installing viruses or other fishy stuff
Is this true guys? I accessed the link via an alternate browser which I don't usually use on my iPhone. Does this make me at all vulnerable?
Also does a phishing scam work by you entering details and it simply recording them? It doesn't delve deeper than that? I.e steal saved email addresses etc.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:08:40 AM

I'm not sure, but if you use the same password it's better to be safe if you have any money floating around.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:10:04 AM

Is this true guys? I accessed the link via an alternate browser which I don't usually use on my iPhone. Does this make me at all vulnerable?

No its all BS, but clicking on the link won't infect your PC, its a phishing site, its simply a copy of he BTC-e website but when you login it stores your username & password, if you didn't login you have nothing to worry about.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:11:32 AM

Oh well Tongue back to work then Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:24:02 AM

i changed my password, anyway i use different password for every site, so i'm safely

ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:27:08 AM

No its all BS, but clicking on the link won't infect your PC, its a phishing site, its simply a copy of he BTC-e website but when you login it stores your username & password, if you didn't login you have nothing to worry about.
Cheers for clearing that up! It's just showing folders atm so it is down which is good but doesn't that make the source available?

minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:39:30 AM

I got the PM too.  Luckily didn't click the link.  Reported message to mods.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:41:57 AM

Cheers for clearing that up! It's just showing folders atm so it is down which is good but doesn't that make the source available?

I guess the guy's working on it since I just checked and there are no folders, just a copy of btc-e.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:32:32 AM

I got a PM saying I'd won 10BTC and said that it could be redeemed through BTC-E by sending him a message on there but I told him I prefer it being sent to my BTC address directly so I can be sure I'll definately get it. When will you start sending my funds over?

Guys I got a link.
https://btc-e.com/exchange (That's what it says it is)
http://btceexchange.comze.com/exchange.html (This is where it actually goes so be aware of this) Just carried out a test.It looks exactly like BTC-E with the obvious exception of using a different URL to the official one https://btc-e.com/exchange . Don't login to your accounts from non-official URLs even if they seem to be real (some people in Uk get caught out by these which is why I mention this).I used a different browser to my regular one (as my passwords to my online wallet aren't stored in Safari)

I'm only posting these as evidence to show what I've just seen.Seems pretty odd for Anyroll to do this though since I have no experience of actually winning anything on here :/

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: