Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ArtByte vs Musicoin  (Read 1728 times)
okbit (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:44:10 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 04:45:18 PM by okbit

Both coins are great for musicians, a very positive use of blockchain technology.

Musicoin went live in 2017. ArtByte went live in 2014 (added the ArtByte Music Store in 2015) Both have active communities and development.

Musicoin runs on Ethereum and uses smart contracts technology to be able to split payments, say for a band when a song is purchased, it pays the singer, guitarist, drummer, etc.

ArtByte runs on it's own blockchain. ArtByte Music Store pays musicians 100% of sales proceeds.

My question is over valuation.

Musicoin is for musicians & fans.
ArtByte is for all types of artists (musicians, painters, dancers, actors, writers, photographers, film makers, sculptors, etc.) & fans.

Musicoin has a marketcap today of $4,620,362
ArtByte has a marketcap today of $3,309,639

I think both are significantly underpriced and would make a good longterm investment. Both trade on Bittrex.
But I think ArtByte has a much bigger market, since it supports all types of Artists.

Musicoin: https://musicoin.org/
ArtByte: http://artbyte.me

Opinions/Comments?
arikassuja

Activity: 535

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:47:35 PM

I chose ARTBYTE coins, this coin like doge, keep following bitcoin price, the price of this coin is stable, but what makes it special is because bitcoin price increases, it also causes the value of this coin increase when compared with USD
elutzen

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:49:16 PM

Do you think coin platforms supporting artists to sell their art will become a big thing?

If yes. I would choose to hold both.
okbit (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:23:04 PM

I think it will become a very big thing. With Music platforms it is easy to setup, as both coins have.

And I have seen an ArtByte post where they are developing a 3D Virtual Reality Art Gallery, where artists can display their work for sale, or tips. The post is on their Announce thread.

Both coins have a big future I think.
bapp

Activity: 71
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:29:24 PM

I think it will become a very big thing. With Music platforms it is easy to setup, as both coins have.

And I have seen an ArtByte post where they are developing a 3D Virtual Reality Art Gallery, where artists can display their work for sale, or tips. The post is on their Announce thread.

hey okbit I think it's not very cool to talk in third person BUT in reality being the owner of the coin...

I'm in. Just downloaded the windows wallet
My address is AeavN3u7B2ciKVoR7jhodVNdegyKyV1Rra
Are there any giveaways?

------>
https://prohashing.com/explorer/ArtByte/AeavN3u7B2ciKVoR7jhodVNdegyKyV1Rra/

Balance   49,689,055.26883721 / $191,274.833

Shocked  Nice!! may you have a lot of success!

New Economy Movement (NEM) https://nem.io
The Movement (MVT) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068554
DuaLipa

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:37:11 PM

Do you think coin platforms supporting artists to sell their art will become a big thing?

I'm not interested is art or music but it is good to be mining musicoin with GPU. The monthly income is well and you can easily store them for future rises.
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:50:58 PM

I didn't know ArtByte, will take a look. Thanks Wink
But new ones coming Cheesy
Musiconomi from Musicoin team.
And Opus.
ABYHou

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:56:11 PM

I'm not interested is art or music but it is good to be mining musicoin with GPU. The monthly income is well and you can easily store them for future rises.

These coins seem to be very much alike, artbyte can also be GPU mined (and CPU mined). Sounds like it would be worth mining both!
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:33:31 PM

I think both coins are worth it to have an eye on them.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
newjack

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:41:08 AM

I'm interested in Artbyte but haven't fully explored it yet. Musicoin I mine and listen to music on the platform. As much as Soundcloud now, as many of my friends have uploaded their music.
sumit513

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

What do you guys think of opus and voice?
Bytextech

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:34:30 AM

Art is great when you have masterpieces. Does project run sales in proper way?
infinity_times_nil

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:26:23 PM

Personally I like the idea of both coins.
But to be honest: I can't see a lot of musicians use this kind of technology in the next... let's just say 5-10 years.
A lot of the musicians I know don't embrace tech, quite the opposite. Bandcamp for example is a great platform and used by a lot of musicians, but even this is widely unknown in the public.
Let's face it: The dream guitars for most guys were made in the 50s Wink
okbit (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:55:08 PM

Both projects are good, but from an investment perspective, I prefer ArtByte. They serve the whole art market, not just musicians. ArtByte supports painters, sculptors, actors, dancers, film makers, writers, photographers, etc.

I like the simplicity of their music platform. Musicians can easily understand it.

http://music.artbyte.me/
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:27:05 PM

Musicoin is inflationary coin I don't think it is a good coin to invest supply is big a lot of miners mine it.

McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:24:13 PM

I am more up to date with artbyte than musicoin, although both coins are in my portfolio. I like the idea of artbyte very much. It is a possibility for artists to spread their works without gagging contracts. They can sell their work and they'll earn the hole profit. It is the easiest way from artist to customer. A chance for unknown bands, fotographers, painters, ...
When you take a look at amazons KDP and understand, what this means for new writers, and which development took place, because everyone can write and puplish books now, you'll see the huge chance of artbyte & co.

Everyone who is interested in artbyte should take a deep look at their website. They offer some smart and generous possibilities to earn coins for only a little work.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
newjack

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:48:25 PM

Musicoin is inflationary coin I don't think it is a good coin to invest supply is big a lot of miners mine it.

This inflationary argument vs. Musicoin I think is a misconception. People use Musicoins to listen to music, currently. Soon, it will be like a fraction of a Musicoin. (About 2 weeks I hear). When that happens, the price will go up I'm guessing.

As for Artbyte vs. Musicoin, I think they are like apples and oranges really. Artbyte's music support is really just an online shopping cart you could do with Bitcoin. Whereas Musicoin is a streaming platform geared to ongoing, live music consumption.

I think both are cool coins. but Musicoin, as the name suggests, is for Music.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: