Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Anonymity  (Read 998 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

Is Bitcoin's anonymity enough for you? Or do you wish it was anonymous? Do you take any measures to anonymize your BTC funds?
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:36:42 PM

It's fine as it is but Bitcoin is not anonymous though. And no I don't take any measures because I have nothing to hide I guess? Should I?
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:41:03 PM

I think it's okay for me because I don't have connection with money laundering, crimimanlity anf theft. So I don't need to hide anything. If they wanna look at my transactions, here they are.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:51:32 PM

Is Bitcoin's anonymity enough for you? Or do you wish it was anonymous? Do you take any measures to anonymize your BTC funds?
Bitcoin is not anonymous and one of the top mixing companies has shut their door and i do expect more companies will close their doors because they think that they will be targeted by the law,i am still not sure what the real reason is,i want anonymous to the point where i am not exposed as the account holder,other than that i do not care.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 08:54:33 PM

I don't really use Bitcoin for its anonymity features and I personally do not need another coin that provides better anonymity than Bitcoin.
I've used mixing services in the past, but nowadays I just send everything without them.

Also fill it in on my tax return whenever I withdraw a large amount.

JNiks_ZLisa

Activity: 182
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:57:38 PM

Medium level
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:58:49 PM

I think it's okay for me because I don't have connection with money laundering, crimimanlity anf theft. So I don't need to hide anything. If they wanna look at my transactions, here they are.
Anonymity does not mean that you need to a crook who does money laundering and other criminal activity,it is more about privacy ,because i do not want anyone to pin point my assets and get into other real world troubles,like some one jacking me because he identified my assets and so on,those are the real issues. Tongue
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:34:20 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous and one of the top mixing companies has shut their door

What the heck?!

I just read your post and had a feeling it was Bitmixer. Sure enough, it is. Can't believe it. I thought they would be around for years. It seems like government pressure forced them to close, or something along those lines.
dejavvu

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

It is fine as it is unless you are buying drugs or money laundering or basically paying for illegal things. If you are into illegal stuff I believe even mixers are not enough(assuming law enforcement is involved). You need to use a totally anonymous crypto.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:43:58 PM

It is important to me as a philosophy, but I'm not doing anything questionable or shady with the BTC that I have.   That being said, I still think a grown adults finances should be no one else's business except his/her own, as long as those funds are not used to harm another human being.

I have always felt strongly about this that adults should be able so use their money as they so please.  Your own body and moneyh is one thing that you should have complete ownership of. 
Adbitco

Activity: 1470
Merit: 675

Act Smart and Play safe with Your fund

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:43:58 PM

It's fine as it is but Bitcoin is not anonymous though. And no I don't take any measures because I have nothing to hide I guess? Should I?
I agree even I'm ok with the current amount of anonymity bitcoin has. I'm not using or holding it for any illegal or unfair purposes or activities so I'm just fine with it. Nor do I feel the need to take any pains to get more anonymous.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Casy

Activity: 149
Merit: 22

🔴🔵 FoxMixer.com 🔵🔴

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:48:54 PM

I try to avoid the term "anonymity", because it often suggests something you have to hide.
For most of the people, the term "privacy" fits better to the topic we are talking about.
It's about the freedom to protect your transactions from being seen by those who don't have a right to see it.

And I think that this is perfectly possible with bitcoin, especially with the many tools around.

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:03:08 PM

Yes its quite good enough for me. It is semi-anonymous as it currently does not say your name on the account # just alphanumerical. To answer that it could be slightly better like how XMR has it setup completely anon.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:23:22 PM

I'm actually a fan of Bitcoin's transparency, as it enables me to check any of my transactions and monitor any of my addresses from anywhere, without credentials and even on potentially compromised devices. Yet this information will mean nothing to pretty much anyone else. Try that with account statements or credit cards.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:31:01 PM

If I answer in essence this topic, then I think that the anonymity Bitcoin daytime enjoyed. Although if it concerns the issue of paying taxes, then this is the moment when Bitcoin gives all guarantees to save your money. The fact is that if the government had access to Bitcoin control, then all users would be much unhappy, because taxation would take the lion's share of their incomes.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:52:31 PM

Have you ever driven to your office with a transparent Briefcase?  If no, why not? What are you hiding in the Briefcase.

I used "I have nothing to hide" back then when I was a gullible & trusting humanist. I never believed "evil people" exist. Thought everyone was like me.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:55:49 PM

Yes, it's enough, I'd even dare say more than enough given the fact that we're constantly scanned when using fiat... I take no extra measures to anonymize my coins.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 11:32:59 PM

Bitcoin by itself is pseudo anonymous currency because all transactions, bitcoin addresses and other information is public.
And I don't have problems with it. In past, I remember that I used one bitcoin address to get and send all transactions. But then I understood that's not good. Now I'm using muliple addresses that people wouldn't see how much bitcoins I have. But I don't have things to hide that I would use bitcoin mixers.
Also, I'm not happy when I need to provide my ID to bitcoin exchanges, because I don't want to show who I'm. But when I have to exchange bitcoins to fiat, this action is neccesary. And after revealing my personal details, I'm afraid that may attract attention from tax institution.

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:08:56 AM

I feel bitcoin is good enough for me by privacy feature since i'm not doing something that need to hide, there are so many way to increase the anonimity like using mixing service or converting your bitcoins to anonimity coin like monero another way is managing your transaction for example never using single address for transaction, etc. Bitcoin actually is not designed to be annonymous it just being decentralized.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:42:18 AM

Bitcoin is not entirely anonymous, it can be as long as you protect your identity by taking effective measures. As for me, I do not take any precautionary measures or whatsoever in order to protect my identity. I feel like I do not need, for now. I am not doing something illegal, or any mischievous deeds in any form so why should I be anonymous? Yes, being here will put me at risk but the thing is I do not care if my identity is exposed because just because.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: