Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2024, 02:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC - DAO tokens were subject to securities laws  (Read 330 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:02:27 PM

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-131

this shouldn't actually affect anyone as it's a post event conclusion, but i guess this might affect future ico bullshit.

do you think this is gonna have a big impact or did the ico people figure this was only a matter of time and calmed down?

do you think it's positive? they're not nailing anyone and they're telling people to take it easy. most crypto things already do their best to steer clear of americans anyway.
jnow

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:34:58 PM

At this point it's only a matter of time before the crackdown begins on this ICOs madness, since more of them pop up everyday with the only goal of raising money based on ridiculous claims.

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

I myself wouldnt mind some regulation as I think it would help get rid of tons of scams and bad ideas. Only more legitimate ideas with honest people will come about. Should be better for the crypto space in general I think. Dont know what they plan to do about this as retroactively announcing it does not seem to do anything really
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:41:27 PM

The DAO tokens are actually very similar to securities so it makes sense.
I don't think it affects other tokens in any way (unless they are like the DAO's...)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: